Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

This hurts me more than it hurts you. [M] [Aeyt!]

Started by Rhindeer, September 22, 2014, 10:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

The fact that he acknowledged only some of what she said and not all of it only infuriated and worried Briar more. Especially since he was being so goddamned logical and calm in a situation that was neither of those things! To her, it felt like she was evading the question! Even though she hadn't outright asked the question, but she'd implied it well enough!

"Fuck your eggs!" she snapped, voice still hoarse. "Why am I naked?! Why am I in silk, of all fucking things?! What did you do to me while I was out?! Where are my smallclothes?! You touched me, didn't you?!"

Her face was burning from a combination of rage and embarrassment and mortification, and she struggled for a moment to rise, but plopped back down onto her ass when the world pitched and tilted until she almost lost that morning's breakfast. She clutched at her head, and then sucked in a breath when her hands twinged with sharp pain. Just her luck, she was stuck with some sicko!
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Aeytrious

"Of course I touched you," Dirk replied, oblivious to Briar's meaning, "how else could I stitch and clean your wounds? I don't have magic, I can't do it without touching you." He pointed at her drying clothing, hanging by the fire. "Your smallclothes are there," he told her, "as I said, I washed your clothes and they are drying. While you were out, I undressed you, cleaned you, stitched you, bandaged you, dressed you in that robe, and set you there to rest." As he listed the things he did to her while she was out, he ticked them off on his fingers, making sure he didn't miss anything. "As for the robe, you're in it because I figured you'd prefer to be clothed, rather than naked, which you are not naked, and that's what I had that would fit you comfortably. Is there something wrong with it? It seemed acceptable to me." He sipped at the stew, checking it's flavor one last time. It seemed perfect to him. Ready to be served.
        "Would you like to eat now," he asked with what seemed like it might be impatience, "or do you have more questions about the quality of care? Perhaps you would prefer I treat you as the criminal you are," his tone almost took on a bit of petulance, almost. "I have rope I can bind you with, and manacles. If that's what you prefer I can do that, or you can stop crying and eat the food I went to all this trouble to make for you."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
ArjanDirkElijahGeldGulliusHiram
HerewardKheelanKurohanaLex
MalilaMelyndariaMowellesaQuinnlyn
SehrayanahTiberiusValencia
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Briar balked when he admitted to touching her, and was about to lose her shit, but when he continued it...

Became kind of clear that they were talking about two different things?

It made it better, knowing he hadn't creeped on her, but she still didn't like it. He'd still seen her naked! And still handled her, while she was naked! And still put his grimy hands on her skin! To fix her up, sure, but the thought still made her skin crawl. Maybe it wouldn't have been such an anxiety-inducing thought if she hadn't been cursed with her ability, but as it was, even simple, casual, platonic touches felt intensely intimate and invasive and unpleasant to her. Good thing she'd been unconscious for that experience.

Still, he'd seen her naked and handled her smallclothes. Wow. What an icebreaker.

Still burning with anger and embarrassment, Briar let out an agitated huff and looked away, and the world spun a bit after. This was a horridly awkward situation. Her go-to response when she felt cornered like this was usually action, or violence of some kind, but she was obviously in no condition. Just sitting up was taking all the energy she had to give.

"Well, why aren't you treating me like a criminal, anyway?" she grumbled, suspicious.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Aeytrious

"My mentor taught me to be kind first," Dirk explained, "and since you didn't kill anyone, and my actions stopped you from committing any crime other than physical violence toward innocents, I felt that the wounds I gave you, and the defeat, were perhaps punishment enough. I'm reserving judgment though. If you prove to be an assassin or murderer, I will turn you over to the proper authorities." He ladled some of the rabbit stew into the bowl, made his way around to Briar, took a sip so she could see it wasn't poisoned, and then offered it to her. "Rabbit stew, with potatoes and wild vegetables."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Briar gave a derisive snort. "As though the authorities could handle me," she said, and eyed the bowl he handed to her.

She didn't take it from him right away, but glanced at it and at the placement of his hands on it. "Where are my gloves?" She trusted the soup wasn't poisoned; he wouldn't have gone through all the effort of caring for her if he planned on killing her now, and he'd wanted to do that, she wouldn't have woken up at all. But she didn't really want to start handling his items willy nilly.

Aeytrious

"I stitched the holes in them," Dirk told Briar. He pointed to where here boots were sitting by the hanging clothes. The gloves were resting on top of them. "It will likely be hard to put them on with those bandages," he pointed out. "Why do you need gloves to eat stew?"
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

"I don't need them to eat," Briar said, looking to where her gloves sat. "But I want them. Make yourself useful and grab them for me, will you?"

Aeytrious

Without question, Dirk set the stew on the bedroll next to Briar -spoon included- and went to go get her gloves. It was only a few steps to grab them, and when he returned he held them out to her.
        "I want to make sure I point out that you have little mobility in your hands," Dirk said to Briar, "and if you hurt them further, you may never hold your sword the same."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

He actually listened. Huh! Rather pleased with that, Briar reached out to snatch the gloves from Dirk, but ended up dropping them instead when her hands refused to cooperate. She'd been stabbed through the palms, and that had damaged all sorts of muscle and tendon--all of it connected to her fingers. And it hurt like a bitch when she tried to flex them. She flinched, gasping in pain, and clenched her teeth together in frustration. Not only that, but it was awkward as hell trying to move her hands with them bandaged as they were.

They were basically useless.

"Fuck. And you know whose fault it'll be if they're permanently damaged? The jackass who thought it was a great idea to stab me in the hands! Thanks, buddy! Really appreciate it! Loved that you threw some knives in my feet and shoulders for good measure! That was super sweet of you."

Aeytrious

"You're welcome," Dirk said with complete sincerity, "Your throat and face would have been easier targets, but I figured you'd prefer wounds that wouldn't kill you. With the medicine I have, you'll make a full recovery in a few days," he told Briar, "as long as you don't hurt yourself worse in the mean time."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

"You're welcome? You're welcome! This wasn't a--I wasn't actually thanking you! Gods, are you dense or what! You could've at least left my hands alone! How the fuck am I supposed to even eat this shit?"

Briar nodded at the soup.

Aeytrious

"Carefully," Dirk replied frankly. He was not impressed with her tantrum. That's what he thought this was, but he wasn't totally sure. It seemed similar to what he heard mothers reprimand their children for. He wouldn't know anything about it from first hand experience though.
        "If it's too difficult a task for you, I can feed it to you if you like," he told Briar. He really would feed her, if that's what she required. It didn't seem like such a difficult task to hold a spoon and eat the stew. She didn't need fine motor skills for that. It wasn't embroidery. "It's your choice."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

He had to be joking. "I think I can manage something like eating a bowl of fucking soup!" she snapped and, glaring at him, she reached for the bowl.

Carefully grabbing the spoon's handle between her index and middle finger, scissoring it between the digits so as not to move her fingers too much, she tapped it free of liquid and then set it aside. Then she took the bowl between her palms, grimacing when she pressed against the wounds--and as the contact sent the usual, strange feedback through her system. Luckily, it wasn't much. It happened with everything she touched, but some things carried more meaning than others, and some things she had learned to filter over the years. The small stuff was manageable, but could still be annoying.

She lifted it to her mouth, carefully, and took a sip just to spite him and prove she could do it. "There. See?!"

Aeytrious

"I'm glad you can manage," Dirk told Briar, again with complete sincerity. He began to move away from her to serve himself some of the stew. He pulled another bowl from his haversack, then a plate, a fork, a spoon, a carving knife, some linen napkins. He set about serving himself some of everything. A jug of ale and a large mug came out next. It was too many things to have been drawn from such a small pack, so the magic was obvious. Dirk filled the mug to the brim before taking a long pull from the drink.
        "Would you like some ale?" he offered Briar, and he pulled another mug from the sack. "I have drinking straws."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

This was going to be excruciating.

Was he mocking her?! Or was he serious?! No, no one could be that dumb, he had to be mocking her, that had to be sarcasm and--

Hold up a tick.

Where was all that shit coming from?

She watched as he pulled way more out of that sack than he should have physically been able to, and it sparked her curiosity. She'd heard of such items before, and though she'd come across many fantastical enchanted items, she'd never seen one of those in the flesh. "Yeah, yeah, I'll take some ale, I'm going to need to get wasted. Hey, Dick, what's with the bag?"

Aeytrious

"My haversack?" Dirk asked as he poured ale into the mug. He pulled out a long metal drinking straw and put it in the beverage. Then he reached into the haversack and pulled out wooden box that unfolded into a small table. He set it next to Briar and put the mug on it. "It was a gift from my mentor," he told her, "it has everything I could ever want or need inside." He slung it back over his shoulder, under the cloak he was still wearing, before sitting down to eat the food he'd served himself.
        "Don't worry about how much you drink," Dirk told Briar, "I could serve enough alcohol to inebriate all of Adela and not run out."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

"Does it, now."

Yeah, Briar was getting that bag. Once she was strong enough to get away from good ol' Dick here, she was definitely not going to leave empty handed.

She leaned down and took a long sip from the straw, so she didn't have to put the soup bowl down. "Anyway, heh, you act like I'm worried. I'm not worried about putting you out, Dick," she said, and then took another drink of soup broth. "You owe it to me for the mess you got me in."

Aeytrious

"Your poor choices and their result are not my responsibility," Dirk said to Briar, "and my name is Dirk, not Dick. Dick is short for Richard, where as my name needs no shortening." He was oblivious to the fact that Briar was trying to insult him. Best thing about cultural ignorance is that insults tend to not work on you. Even though his body didn't require food, with the magic of his ring keeping him sustained, Dirk continued eating.
        He must have been a sight, sitting in his full body black dragon-leather armor, boots, cloak, and weapons all still in place. Next to the fire, on a not cold evening, others would have been sweating. Hood down, cloth mask hanging around his neck, Dirk sat eating, watching the flames dance, though he was fully aware of his surroundings. His corn silk hair swayed gently with the movements he made and the languid breezes that cut through the forest.
        "Most would say I owe you a swift death, and nothing more. I will give you courtesy, but no more than anyone deserves."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Briar laughed at that, then grimaced because it hurt her head and sent some of her soup sloshing. "Dick's also a name for penis, of which I'm sure yours is also short," she snickered, and finished off the soup broth, leaving behind the meat and things. She shook the bowl a little to bring those things closer to the rim, so she could pop them in her mouth.

Chewing, she eyed Dirk. "And my 'poor choices' weren't your responsibility until you went and butt in! If you'd just sod off like you should have, we wouldn't be here now! But who decided to make it their responsibility? Oh, that's right, you!"

Aeytrious

"Justice," Dirk said with a hard tone, "is everyone's responsibility." He put the end of a quail leg in his mouth and pulled off most of the meat. The sauce was delicious. "And what does the size of my genitals have to do with anything?" he asked Briar, as he continued to chew.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Tags: