Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Misfortune, Trouble, Spilled Mead [OPEN]

Started by Anadwen, January 06, 2015, 01:41:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anadwen

Shattering glass rang like the bell of an alarm through the entire tavern. It was a sound that made everyone at the very least twitch; at the very most, a timid young man stood up so quickly he knocked his chair over and tripped on it, sprawling over the dirty floor.
The mead dripping down the wall had a strong stench. But even that wasn't needed to warn Valentine of the accident. It was meant to land on his head; he simply moved in the right moment, and thus avoided taking a whole cup into the side of his head. He could feel the blood within his veins simmering and getting dangerously hot. He wanted to smash the head of that bastard that tossed a cup at him against the counter, and then promptly excuse him out of the inn with his fist.

He stood up, straightening into his full (and quite intimidating) height, and with long strides walked over to that particularly idiotic individual. What was everyone's problem? Well, if they wanted to complain, he would give them something to complain about, he thought as he grabbed the widely grinning patron by the collar of his shirt, and dragged him up. The man stank like sweat, mead, and dung. Other than that, there was nothing special about him; not even a shred of any magic to be seen within him; and individuals of this sort weren't worth wasting his energy on. He didn't want to know what was going on inside his mind, anyway - he wanted to beat him.
"What's your problem, you piece of shit?" he growled at him. The man kept grinning. It was infuriating. What exactly was the issue with this one? He sneered at him, tossing him against the wall with surprising strength, taking into account his thin frame.

----

The doors banged closed behind him. Sprawled over mud in the pouring rain, for a long moment, he could do nothing but blink in confusion. What the actual...? A low growl made its way out of his throat, and he rolled over, getting his already dirty black cloak only more caked in mud. Blood. It had a heavy, earthy taste that he couldn't say he enjoyed. It was far too familiar. With a heavy sigh, he raised himself to his elbows, and slowly pushed himself onto his knees and hands, chest heaving with forced, shaking breaths.
What was this for? What was this even for?

"F**k." he growled, noticing the torn sleeve of his coat. Another thing that was outright screwed up. He should just throw this whole cavalcade out, and go get another. He wiped one of his mud-covered hands into his shirt, leaving a long, dark smudge on it, and forced himself back up onto his feet. Curse that inn. Curse the idiots inside. He didn't even get the time to get drunk before he was kicked out, and gods know that licking at mud and own blood won't get a man out of his mind! And this damn little village, this damn little village had just one tavern, what a shitty little village with only... One tavern...
Standing up into his full height, he didn't seem bothered by the rain, whipping at his back and making his cloak flap like the wings of a great bird.
Where now, then?

Codestar7

Voldorf, sitting in the shadows, was enjoying a nice evening cup of tea before going to save the day once more. He sniffed the exotic blend of summer and flowers in a cup, and knew he would not be interrupted. The tavern across from him did not usually take matters outside. If there was a brawl, it would stay in. So, when a man was tossed from the front door, Voldorf sighed, and set down his cup of tea. Here we go, mused the wizard, as he set a spell of binding on the tavern door.

Striding across to the man that had been tossed out, he saw the wounds.
"Do you need me to fix that?" Offered Voldorf, extending a hand to the man in a dirt-spoiled cloak.
"My name is Voldorf. I am the wizard of this land. The planes pf magic is my speciality. And when I say speciality I mean... unmatchable." Volodrf glanced down at the man.

"Now", he started. "You had better tell me what happened - and let me warn you - it better be worth my Serendipian Summer Taste going cold. Or there will be trouble." Voldorf grinned, ignoring the sounds of slowly splintering wood as the tavern inhabitants attempted to force their way into the street.

Ethereal-Star

Having found her way to this quaint little village, Scarlet was about to head over to the tavern there-which unfortunately seemed to be the only tavern in this town. Oh well. The orange-haired girl with black boots only came by for a short visit, to grab a drink for herself and to get away from the dusty dryness her life seemed to have become at this time. So off she went, searching for a new horizon to stop at, kick her feet up, relax, chillax and whatnot, see the sights and meet the people, hoping for a little more excitement along the way.

It seemed the girl was soon to get her wish for as she walked along the cobbled roadside, she spotted a gaunt, thin man with wild red hair and an eye patch, obviously Serenian like herself, get kicked out literally from the tavern door she had spotted earlier on her examination of the village. A tavern brawl no doubt, she thought, shaking her head. Why people thought force over words was necessary she would never fully understand.

As the event unfolded, another person, most definitely a mage of some sort with gray hair and a staff came by, did some magic on the door of the tavern, sealing it shut with the inhabitants trapped inside! Scarlet frowned at this. She supposed that was one way to stop a fight, but then those inside were at the mercy of the mage who performed the magic to be let out whenever he felt like it. And from the looks of things, they might be in there awhile, cracking wood not an issue.

The Serenian aspiring magma mage then leaned against the side of a nearby building watching the showdown commence, crossing her legs at the ankles and folding her arms, one eyebrow arched up in curiosity at the scene before her. Scarlet would wait to intervene, right now she wanted to see what would happen first without her direct presence, although all things considered she was in plain view of the two anyhow. And so she waited, ready for the opportunity to toss in a few words their way whenever they noticed her, that was. Her black short skirt and light purple/orange shirt accentuating her figure, Scarlet continued to watch the proceedings, ever eager to butt in with her honest opinion on what she was observing.