Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Wait, Tell Me More

Started by Alegretto, January 14, 2015, 09:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alegretto

((OOC: @Red Irish Dragon here you go))

Turnrin sat hunched over his notes, editing an older piece that just didn't read right now that he went back over it. A particularly loud laugh caused the monk to look up from his work in irritation. The tavern that he currently inhabited was a last-resort kind of place for a man like him. If it wasn't raining out and if he wasn't carrying so many notes on the way back to the monastery...

But it was no use worrying about it now. At least his work was mostly dry, even if it was hard to work in here. However even as he thought that misfortune struck. Someone jostled him from behind and the monk spilled his glass of beer on part of his work. He sighed slightly, perhaps Kia had panned for him to get his notes wet today, one way or another.

Still, the monk was more than a bit peeved. He turned around and called to the person nearest to him, one of the serving girls, with uncharacteristic heat in his voice, "Hey, please be careful about where you are walking, you caused me to spill my drink."

RedIrishDragon

Even in the noise of the tavern, the anger in the older man's voice stopped her heart for a moment. With a hard swallow, Nadezhda made her way over with rag in hand to clean up the spill. Unlike the other barmaids, she had proven quite inept at handling the large trays laden with drinks. She needed two hands to hold most trays, making it impossible to navigate the tables as needed. Instead, she was set to cleaning duty, a less glorious task she actually preferred as it kept her further away from often drunk, handy customers.

She had to dodge one such customer on her way to the table, patting the table and papers with the rag to mop up the beer. "Pardon, sir," she noted as she gently pressed on a page, peeking under the cloth to see how much was left beneath the cloth. After a few pats, she noticed the writing on the pages, instantly becoming curious. "Should... should I get you a new table, sir?" Nadya asked as she looked up momentarily, trying to swallow the curiosity about what the man was writing. The feeling lingered in her pale golden eyes even as she looked down again, continuing to wipe up the mess as best she could. She still found herself pausing to trace the ink lines on the pages, only to quickly continue drying the table off.