Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Scales Upon Scales [M] [RHIIIII]

Started by DaGlobster, February 26, 2015, 10:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaGlobster

Oh, such a bother, all of this was.

Of all the things Stygia was not enjoying right now, it was the weather. She was in her fully human form, walking down the streets of the wealthy part of Ketra, hiding from the heavy snowfall beneath a black velvet parasol.

She was on the hunt for a young, succulent little nobleman, and she was dressed to kill, as well. As always, Stygia was the model of fashion, with a tight, red dress that really made her curves pop and her obsidian hair curled just right so it bounced on her shoulders oh so energetically. Her fair skin wasn't powdered, however, since that was the one thing she never really liked.

And so she walked on through the streets, hoping to come across some kind of prey. Preferably the kind who'd invite a cold beauty such as herself into their home...

Rhindeer

There was a ball--which she had learned was just a fancy word for party--going on in the noble district, and parties generally meant free alcohol and revelry. Tanith had heard the news earlier that day, for it was rather the talk of the town, and it had piqued her interest, so she asked about it and was...told someone like her couldn't attend? That it was apparently only for a special group of people?

Bullshit.

That only made her want to go more. What was so special about these people, anyway? She was a motherfucking dragon! These Adelans were supposed to worship her kind!

And so she'd tracked the place down and marched up to the gates where a group of guards were checking parchments the guests presented them. She certainly stood out among the other guests; they were all in fancy, expensive clothes while she wore her usual breeches and tunic, with an ankle-length coat pulled on to keep warm in the snowy weather, the hood covering her horns. As she approached the guards, pushing past the other guests (with much protesting from them!) and straight to the front, they looked up in bewilderment and she saw several hands settle on the pommels of their swords.

"Is this the ball?"

"Do you...have an invitation?" one guard asked, while the guests standing around her spoke amongst themselves, complaining of her rudeness.

"The paper thing? No."

"Then I can't let you in. Be off with you, now."

"What do you mean you can't let me in?"

"No invitation, no access. Be gone before we throw you out. Next!"

"Do you have any idea of who I am?" And Tanith, who had been slouching with boredom, drew herself up to her full height then, squaring her shoulders and flexing her fingers, her lip curled in a derisive, fang-baring snarl. Her hood fell back.

And the man paled as his eyes followed her, taking in her sheer height. It wasn't really her size alone that startled him, though--it was her curling ram's horns, the way her fangs flashed when she spoke.

In seconds, he and the other guards had their weapons drawn from their scabbards. "No, we don't, now be off with you before we throw you in a cell!"

"What?" she growled, bristling. "But I'm a dragon! You're supposed to fucking love me. Or something. This is...this is gross misconduct, I'm sure!"

She could make a scene. She could. She could take those squishy human guards and show them what for, each and every one of them, in this form alone! But there were a lot of people around, a lot of unarmed people staring at her in horror, and though she wanted nothing more than to throw down with these bastards--she did always make a conscious effort to avoid collateral. There were too many squishy, unarmed humans around to take the risk.

She let out a huff.

"Fucking whatever. I didn't wanna go to your stupid ball anyway. The name's dumb."

And so, turning on her heel, she marched with a huff away from the stupid guards and their stupid ball, chose a random road to start down--

And as she whipped around a corner too fast, like an angry bull on a mission, she went crashing right into another body.

With a jolt of surprise, she reacted automatically, hands shooting out to stabilize them both as she scooped the other woman up before she could knock her to the ground, catching her in a sort of clumsy dip and staring down at her, blinking as she took in her pale features, dark hair--

And the unmistakeable scent of dragon.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

Stygia frowned. No dinner as of yet, no sources of excitement. She lamented that she wasn't able to attend the ball. A magnificent presence such as hers surely wouldn't be unwelcome, but...well...

It was kind of hard to get an invitation, seeing as how she lived in a ruined castle off in the Adelan wilderness. She still found herself trawling that area, though. It'd be rife with nobility, all gathered up in one part of town. Sooner or later she'd run into somebody she could wink out of an invitation, right?

Run into someone she did. Or rather, someone ran into her.

Stygia let out a squeak quite unfitting of her true nature, and began to pitch backwards, when she was caught, and held in a dip. Her hands had instinctively gone to the shoulders of the one who'd bumped into her. Stygia could unmistakeably smell the dragon on this woman.

She could see the horns in her hood, too, but that was besides the point.

Instead, she played the flustered game, for now. She brought a blush to her cheeks, and just sort of stared right back up at Tanith.

"Oh, eh...excuse me?" she said, half-smiling innocently.

Rhindeer

With a small jolt of surprise, because it just wasn't often she ran into other dragons masquerading as humans, Tanith blinked back down at her.

Not only was she a dragon masquerading as human, she was a pretty one, too. And when the woman blushed all prettily (how did some humans do that?! She always felt like a bloody unflattering tomato when her human form did that!) and excused herself, Tanith, for a few seconds, forgot she was supposed to be saying or doing things. Probably.

"Uhhhh."

Probably something other than holding her in a dip and staring at her dumbly?

Lifting the woman, who turned out to be even taller than her, Tanith set her back on her feet and brushed some snow flakes from her shoulders. Wasn't she cold in that dress? Then again, maybe this one ran hotter. Fire, unfortunately, wasn't Tanith's element.

"That's fine," she said, and straightened out her own coat. "I knocked you over, after all. Fucking human bastards got me all riled up so I just--" She clenched her fists. "Can you believe they wouldn't let me in their stinking party? Even pulled weapons on me! What the fuck."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

Stygia smiled quite nicely when Tanith straightened her up and brushed some snow off of her shoulders. Adjusting her parasol so she was shielded from the falling snow, Stygia shivered slightly.

"I'm sure it wasn't that much of an exciting party, anyways. Who're they to deny a dragon a little excitement? It must've been boring if they didn't want someone like you there." Stygia concurred, giving Tanith a good sizing up. She turned in place a little, glancing down the alleys around them, using it as an excuse to give Tanith a good view of her from the side.

Stygia's piercing red eyes locked onto Tanith's, and she smiled, giggling slightly.

"What are the odds, hm? Two dragons, wandering the streets, looking for excitement..."

Rhindeer

"RIGHT?!" Tanith threw her arms up with a huff, quite glad to have someone around to validate her! "Such utter bullshit, but you're right. They probably couldn't handle a bloody dragon, the fuckers. I wasn't really that interested, anyway. I just wanted the booze. And food. Parties usually have free food."

Letting her arms drop back down, she shrugged. "Hmph, well, maybe this was supposed to happen. I met another dragon this way, so whatever. What are you doing over here? Were you trying to get in, too?"

DaGlobster

Stygia's eyes never left her new...soft spoken friend. She was quite attentive, but inattentive at the same time. She looked like she was on the lookout for something, although she was quite passive in that regard.

When Tanith finished, Stygia nodded.

"Yes, actually. I was in town, and I was looking for an invitation. Or rather, a young nobleman carrying an invitation. It seems I'm quite late, though."

She twirled her parasol idly, eyes going up and down the street.

"I'm going to go get some wine. I know a place that's got amontillado to kill for. Care to join me?" she asked, batting her eyelashes.

Rhindeer

Tanith gave the other woman a look, eyebrows raised and head slightly cocked, a "did you even have to ask" sort of look.

"I'll go wherever the booze flows," she said. "I could use it after today. I fucking swear, the initiate that tried to impress me today? Fucking idiot. She's got no business being near a dragon. I could smell her fear for miles, and she babbled like a dolt. Such a waste of time." She shook her head, long braid swaying, and fell into step beside the woman.

"Then there was the usual rules talk. Like I don't already know. I'm not an idiot. But whatever. I'm done. Letting it go. Hey, what's your name, anyway?"

DaGlobster

"Stygia, dear. Call me Stygia."

Perhaps there was still some sport to be had in all this. It'd been a while since she'd preyed on other dragons. Too much effort to kill, really. There was usually so much that could be derived from them, really, that killing other dragons was more of a waste.

Of course, this never stopped her from getting hungry, and killed other dragons she has.

"Although, it's usually the scared ones that are the most fun. Although, I'm not sure she was without reason, you look--" Stygia sized up Tanith quite quickly, eyes flashing over the rowdy dragoness' figure.  "--fierce. Indomitable."

Rhindeer

"The scared ones are fun?" Tanith repeated, giving Stygia an odd look that was half scowl, half disbelief.

"I don't know about that. I don't really find it fun trying to hold a conversation with someone who can't get a fucking word out without stuttering. It's annoying." Of course, Tanith's idea of fun wasn't intimidation, exactly. She liked putting someone in their place when they were being obnoxious and stupid, but there was little she hated more than spinelessness.

Still, she puffed out her chest at what she considered to be a compliment. "Of course, they're not wrong to be nervous. A little healthy respect is a good thing. I'm Tanith, by the way."

DaGlobster

"A pleasure, Tanith."

Stygia directed her eye at her as she walked, brushing some of her hair out of the way. She pursed her lips slightly, giving her parasol another bored twirl.

"I feel I need to reiterate, slightly. Obviously, the blubbering cowards are no fun. It's the ones that try to be brave, but are still visibly afraid that are amusing," she said, giggling slightly at that.

"Say, you're with the dragon knights, right?"

Rhindeer

Now that was something Tanith could get down with. The ones with all their false bravado and forced swagger were just hilarious.

But Stygia's question jerked her mind away from that topic, and her grin broadened. "Ooh, good guess. Hah, yeah, I sure am! And I'm guessing you're not, since I've never seen you before, and since you look kinda..."

She flicked her eyes over the woman, a quick but thorough look that took her in head to heel. She arched both brows. "Well, you're kinda dressed too sexy for that. Not that us dragon knights aren't sexy. I sure fucking am."

DaGlobster

Stygia was waiting for a compliment, and when she did, a perfectly applied false blush appeared on her face, and she demurely took her eyes off of Tanith.

"Why, I appreciate the compliment," she said, smiling lightly.

It'd stopped snowing by this point, so Stygia furled her parasol back up, and held it to her abdomen.

"You are correct in that regard, though. I'm not really from around here, you see. Civilization, I mean. I'm a wild dragoness who happens to have a certain...interest in civilization. And, if I may supplement you claim..."

Stygia's eyes met Tanith's.

"You are pretty sexy."

She stopped walking, just as they came across a fancy-looking tavern.

"This is the place. Shall we?"

Rhindeer

"Oh my fucking gods, FINALLY!" Tanith said, pumping a fist. "Gods! Thank you! Thank you for being bloody normal about shit! Do you know how many human women lose their fucking tits when I pay them a compliment or hit on them a little? Just 'cause I'm also female?"

She snorted, casting a glance up toward her horns. "And 'cause I have horns. I guess. And sharp teeth, probably. But seriously, fuck! So many goddamned prudes. Apparently only males and females are supposed to flirt? Or something? Shit if I've figured it out."

Heading to the door, she pulled it open and held it for Stygia, waiting for her to enter first. "After you, m'lady."

DaGlobster

"It might be horns, I think," Stygia said teasingly, as she approached the door, holding her parasol straight down so she could enter through the door. Of course, this form of Stygia's being the most human-looking, she didn't have her horns or teeth visible, but she could relate to that issue.

"Would it be so much to assume that you're hitting on me, Knight Tanith?" Stygia continued, as she passed by her and into the door, making sure to put a little extra sway in her hips as she did so.

Rhindeer

"Uhh, I think it'd be safe to say there's no assumptions here, 'cause yeah, I'm totally flat out hitting on you," Tanith said as she followed Stygia in, making no secret to the fact that she was getting an eyeful of her ass. That tight dress hid little.

Niiiice.

As in all things, Tanith was about as subtle as a brick to the face. She didn't understand humans, and how they just danced around issues. If she liked someone, she said so. If she was flirting, she was pretty obvious about it. (Though so many people thought she was just joking? The fuck?) If they didn't like that, and told her so (or gave off body language that said as much), she backed off with no hard feelings. She was blunt, and expected others to be the same.

"Also, feel free to keep calling me that. I like that. Knight Tanith. Ser Tanith also has a great ring to it."

DaGlobster

Stygia knew Tanith was slowly becoming putty in her hands, ever so slowly, and she made it her purpose to seem aware, yet ambivalent about it at the same time. After all, the best part about the hunt is the thrill, and the more build up to it, the better.

"I like your honesty, Ser Tanith. There are so many who would read a dull poem and speak flowery words to me," she said as she approached the bar and deposited her fine self down onto a cushioned stool. Her eyes flit up to Tanith, inviting her to sit by her side as she crossed her legs.

Of course, the invitation was unneeded, but Stygia liked the effect it usually had. Her body language had been leaning towards the positive, slightly more and more with each passing minute.

Rhindeer

Tanith pulled a stool back with one hand and plopped down onto it. She rocked on the stool a bit, scooting it back up to the counter, and rested her elbows atop it. Manners were definitely not her forte.

"Yeah, I don't do the flowery shit," she said with a toothy grin. "Fuck, I think I'd punch whoever tried to pull that with me. That shit's obnoxious. Do people even like that stuff? Who talks like that?"

DaGlobster

"The same prudes who...how did you word it? lose their tits when you flirt. That's who," Stygia smiled, giggling a bit more and putting on her own grin.

She reached onto the counter and authoritatively tapped on it with her nails, and the bartender approached.

"A bottle of the amontillado, please," she asked, and the bartender nodded before walking off to retrieve that.

Stygia turned to face Tanith more.

"So, do anything today apart from dealing with that cowardly initiate? Any redeeming factors?"

Rhindeer

"Well, there was training," Tanith said, turning in her seat to face Stygia properly, without having to wrench her neck. She rested her cheek on her hand.

"You know, I kick real ass as a dragon, but this form? It's like learning how to fight all over again, like being a fucking hatchling trying to waddle about. I can still out-punch any human, though." Yeah, she was kind of bitter that she wasn't outmatching her human sparring partners when it came to swordplay. She was competent now, but she was no master.

"So yeah, there was training, the annoying initiate, then I got bored after all that business and heard about the party, so I came here...I'm still annoyed about that, too, but at least it had a good ending."

And she winked at Stygia as she said it, because shit, Stygia was giving her all the receptive signals, so maybe she had a chance!

Tags: