Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Scales Upon Scales [M] [RHIIIII]

Started by DaGlobster, February 26, 2015, 10:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaGlobster

"A good ending?" Stygia repeated, and she loosened up her posture a bit, a great sign for Tanith. The bartender appeared with the bottle of wine, and Stygia wasted no time in grabbing the bottle and coaxing the cork off of it. Two glasses were set down, and Stygia filled them both up to halfway.

She took a sip, smiling as it ran down her throat. Amontillado was no wine for prissies! It was sharp, bitter, and dry. Just how Stygia liked it.

"What I never understand, is why they insist on teaching a dragon how to fight with a sword. That sounds completely inane."

Rhindeer

"Oh, there's a reason for that," Tanith said as she lifted her glass and took a draft of the wine, before she sipped some down. As far as booze went, Tanith was a heavy-weight with a steel stomach. The stronger, the better--because it took a damned good amount before she even felt it!

"Not all dragons are shifters, right? I'm one of 'em. Obviously. So I mean, shit, I can go some places and do some things I can't do in my full form. Like doors. I can go through fucking doors. I can go through doors as a full dragon, too, sure, but then I go THROUGH them, know what I mean? I wreck the door and the fucking house. What I'm saying is, they teach me how to fight in this puny form so I don't destroy the goddamned city. Use the least amount of force necessary to accomplish the goal and all that shit. If I don't need to be a full dragon, no need to be a full dragon. I can wreck my foe with my fists and a pointy blade."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

Stygia listened attentively, nodding whenever appropriate. Her drinking companion here was quite the talker indeed!

"I don't know, it sounds like something you can get a human to do. But what do I know? I've never had to worry about collateral damage," she said, swishing the wine in her cup around. She'd sipped a few times from the cup now, a much faster drinker than she let on, given her slow, calculated demeanor.

Rhindeer

"Yeah, well, you know what they say: you want something done right, you better do it yourself. Plus, you know, better than literally biting someone's bloody head off. I guess. That's rude or something, I dunno."

Tilting her head back, Tanith downed the rest of her wine in a single long gulp. She set her empty glass back down and flashed a sharp-toothed smile. "This stuff's fucking good. You got good taste, m'lady. Though that was already obvious, 'cause you invited me."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

"Well, what can I say? I have a taste for the finer things."

Without breaking eye contact, she poured Tanith another glass, and she switched her legs over. She adjusted herself, and sat in a way that her chest was pointed out towards Tanith, and she was quite expertly pretending that she wasn't aware of the great cleavage view she was providing.

Rhindeer

Tanith looked like she was about to reply, but her eyes dropped down to Stygia's bust instead, and she lost her words. Reaching for her wine glass, it took her several fumbled attempts to grab it, because she was trying to do it while studying Stygia.

Stygia may have been trying to be all subtle and suave, but that was definitely not Tanith's skill set.

Niiiiice.

She took a long gulp, managing to find her mouth somehow. "I can see that," she said. "Like that dress. You really make that dress...pop."

DaGlobster

Of course, Stygia was playing with Tanith. After all, for a woman, Tanith acted strangely like a man, in a couple ways. It only meant it would be easier for her, of course.

Of course, she noticed her stare, and smirked at her, batting her eyelashes.

"I do? I've got to say, it's the first time I heard it phrased like that. And how exactly do I make this dress...pop?" she asked, placing a hand on her chest, right above her breasts.

Rhindeer

"For one," Tanith said, and took another sip before continuing, still happily appreciating the view. "You're about ready to pop right out of that dress."

DaGlobster

Stygia's eyes narrowed rather seductively, and she switched her legs back over again. She chuckled demurely again, and moved her hand back down to her lap. She finished off her glass of wine, and slowly licked the rest off of her lips.

"I had a feeling you'd say that," She purred, and stood from the stool, taking the bottle by the neck.

"Shall we finish this upstairs?"

Rhindeer

"Uh, fuck yeah?" Tanith said, as though that were absolutely obvious, before she pushed the stool back with a loud screeching of legs against the floor. She rose to her feet, happy to cut to the chase. It had been a long and frustrating day--a long and frustrating week, for that matter!--so she was rather eager to blow off some steam with someone who got it.

Hopefully, if she was lucky, she'd get a lot more than sympathy and understanding!

Taking her glass, she finished off the remainder like it was a shot, bit back a burp, and offered Stygia her hand. "I hope you got some coin, 'cause I don't," she said. "But I guess if upstairs doesn't work, pffft, I dunno about you but I don't really care where we go."

DaGlobster

"Coin?"

Stygia giggled, and turned around, passing a finger tantalizingly under Tanith's chin as she led the way without taking her hand. She made for the stairs, and an employee of the tavern made to stop her, what with her not renting a room and all.

The young man got within a few steps of her, before Stygia directed her eyes at him, and he just stopped, letting her pass without moving or saying anything else. His pupils were abnormally wide, a side-effect of Stygia's power.

"Who needs coin these days?" she said, looking back at Tanith and beckoning her up the stairs behind her.

Rhindeer

Tanith looked at the man as they passed, her own eyes narrowing suspiciously.

That was...strange.

And Tanith was no fool.

"What did you do to him?" she asked as she followed Stygia up the stairs. It was more curiosity than anything, because the guy didn't look hurt--but still, even if some of the human rules were stupid and confusing, paying for shit (paying for everything!) was one of those basic rules she'd learned pretty quickly. This was stealing, wasn't it? And while Tanith was down with throwing her weight around, taking away someone's autonomy was one of those...

Not so gray areas.

But she didn't sound angry as she asked, because while she might have morals, she also had eyes, and her eyes were currently fixed on Stygia's rear.

DaGlobster

"Oh, nothing too major, just...made him forget about us. He'll be right as rain, Tanith," Stygia said, obviously not as bothered by what she did as Tanith was.

And in the end, wasn't it pretty much harmless? They were only going to use the room for a bit, it's not like they were going to spend the night, or anything.

She reached the top of the stairs, and turned to face Tanith, looking down at her as she leaned rather invitingly against the wall.

"Of course, if you're not comfortable with my methods of appropriation, we can always go somewhere else."

Rhindeer

"Naw, it's whatever," Tanith said with a shake of her head and a wave of her hand. "Damage is done and we're already here, so fuck it. Just don't do it again. With the controlling people thing. That's bad shit."

Once at the top of the stairs, she opened the door yet again and held it open for Stygia. There were a few human rituals she kind of liked, and this was one of those minor, silly ones: holding doors open for people. She didn't get it at first--why couldn't people open their own damned doors? But apparently it was a chivalrous thing or something, and while she only really noticed men doing it for women they liked, she didn't see why the fuck she couldn't do it. People seemed to like it alright, even if the men got a bit annoying about it and kept insisting she go when she'd opened the goddamned door for them, and then it was some sort of bloody standoff!

...Humans were weird.

She shot Stygia a sly look. "Though, by rights, I should probably punish you for that."

DaGlobster

"Cross my heart. It won't happen again, Ma'am," Stygia said teasingly as she made an "X" shape on her chest, walking past Tanith and into the room. It was a rather plush affair, with such luxurious amenities as a couch with a coffee table, tray of wine glasses included.

She stretched her arms out, and waited for the door to close before turning to face Tanith, a mischievous smile planted firmly on her face. She opened the bottle of wine back up, and stepped over to the couch, lowering herself onto it. She allowed some of her disguise to fall away, revealing her rather large, magnficiently curling horns. She grinned, and her perfectly straight human teeth were replaced with perfectly curved fangs. Her pupils went from round balls to delicate, narrow slits, and they focused in on Tanith as Stygia patted the cushion next to her.

Rhindeer

Tanith kicked the door shut behind her as she stepped inside, and she let out a low whistle at the posh setting.

"Nice digs," she said, and swiped a finger along the table as she took a seat next to Stygia. She rubbed her fingers together, finding the surface dust free (quite the change from some of the places she'd stayed in before!), and then leaned back against the couch with her arms resting along the backing. It was also an excuse to rest her arm behind Stygia. You know. Set herself up good for making a move later.

"Nice horns, too," she added with a grin, flicking her eyes over Stygia. "If you're anything to go by now, your true form must be fucking stunning."

DaGlobster

"Oh, you just never relent, do you?" Stygia giggled, putting on another false blush as she poured them some more wine, handing Tanith her own glass as she sipped from hers.

"You must be quite the charmer with the other dragons..."

Rhindeer

"Heh, yeah, well..." Tanith ran a hand through her silver bangs and crossed one leg over the other, ankle resting atop her knee, positively devouring the compliment.

"I sure do try! And sometimes," she said, walking her fingers forward until her hand came to rest lightly on Stygia's shoulder. "Sometimes, I succeed."

And with another wink, she took a sip of her wine.

DaGlobster

Stygia's small smile grew slightly wider, and her body language shifted into something slightly more relaxed. She let her posture loosen up, and stuck out her chest a bit more. Stygia brushed a little more of her hair out of her face, and leaned slightly towards Tanith, placing her own hand just inches from her thigh.

It would be quite clear, even to someone like Tanith that the slow, sensual approach was the supposed key to Stygia's heart. Stygia took another sip, and laid her glass down on the table.

"And what would be your prediction for tonight, Ser Tanith?"

Her eyes beckoned Tanith to take the next step, and she licked the wine off of her lips again.

Rhindeer

"I like to live in the moment, m'lady," Tanith said as she began to stroke the back of Stygia's neck with slow, gentle caresses, her fingers lightly playing with the hair there. "Never was a planner. Keeps things exciting, keeps my options open. And who knows? I might be surprised..."

Growing a little bolder, she ghosted her fingers up along the side of Stygia's neck, letting her sharp claws drag harmlessly over her skin. Her thumb trailed along her jaw before, finally, she cupped her chin.

"I do love surprises," she said, meeting Stygia's eyes and leaning in closer, licking her own lips. For a moment, it looked like she might kiss her--but instead she flicked her thumb over the corner of Stygia's lip and drew her hand back. Her tongue darted out to lick her thumb, and she grinned.

"You missed a little wine, there."

Tags: