Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Friends Among Fiends [Bastus]

Started by Gaius The Solemn, March 09, 2015, 09:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaius The Solemn

It was such a nice night, the moon showing it's ugly face to Gaius. The seawater shoving itself into his armor, pushing against his skin. It sent a rather bitter feeling into him. Even so, it was still a nice night for him, well earlier it was. The ship had so many nice people on it. Many among them thought Gaius to be a knight for their protection. Nobody questions him when he looks the part of a protector. He started to move his hands, albeit slowly, he felt so drained after that terrible time in the sea. So many monsters wanted to eat him, it was such a hassle to dispose of them.

"Well, it was a nice night. I guess I'll just.. get moving in the morning."

He rolled onto his right side, the clamour of his armor would be enough to wake anybody up if they had been around. The waves continued to pour over Gaius, continually splashing him with cold sea water. The sandy beach plugging itself into every small hole it could in his armor. It was a warm night, a nice night to sleep just about anywhere. At least it was for Gaius.

The night would crawl on slowly, nothing would move; with the exception of the waves. The palm trees curving out to meet all that come from the water. This was just what Gaius asked for, a relaxing time. The moon slowly sank into the horizon, the sun creeping up to replace it in the sky. Gaius was in such a deep state of sleep, almost nothing can wake him at this point. It's one of his favorite aspects of his life; not caring where he is.

Bastus

It was a quiet night, much like the ones before Hym arrived at this island. He needed an escape of society, the capitals. He never regretted moving away from society, but at times he wonders what is happening. He used the lizards that were on this island as a way to gain nutrition from keeping him from going completely hollow.

" A place where I can rest my blade without being disturbed. "

Hym remained in his palm tree dozing off here and there, when he's just about to doze off again, he hears the clucking of metal hitting each other then gentle snoozing. He quickly put a spell to send a cloak of invisibility over himself. He climb down the palm tree trying to not make a noise. Hym peered out between the palm trees to try to make out an image. It was a man clad in golden armor lying down on the shore. Assuming that the man was sleeping, he started to scavenge the body about any news from the capitals.

Gaius The Solemn

Gaius felt the pokes and prods, each a signalling to his brain to wake up. The sand was so warm though, he didn't feel like moving just yet. One of the foreign started to pick through the small bag he has on his hip. That was enough for Gaius, that was his bag, nobody can touch it. His right hand jerk up in a clumsy fashion, merely knocking the hands of his vultures high into the air. He followed up with his left to push his opponent back.

He turned his head to face this vermin. With drowsy eyes and a throat filled with saltwater he mumbled, "Yeeaah, don't touch that."

As he spoke, splashes of water dribbled out of his mouth, coming out of his face plate. The ocean continued to roll out onto the beach sloshing over the two, his armor reflecting the minute amount of moonlight. Gaius started to take note of this opportunistic bug, dark robes, and nothing much else to see. His back was to the moon, so darkness shrouded his face.

"Now just scurry along, that is, unless you want to die now.." He had spit up the last of the water, but his voice was still deep, and somewhat ragged. He was somewhat happy with this intrusion, he might get a midnight snack out of it. So he waited for the bug's response.

Bastus

Hym stood there facing the knight, unsure of what to do. He placed his hand on the hilt of his blade, ready to unsheathe his sword if things got out of hand. He took his hand an clasped his fingers around his hood to reveal his face. Slowly, he began to pull away his hood. The hood dropped to his the back of his neck. Hym's skull glistened in the moon's light.

"Death is the least of my worries. What is your name, warrior?"

Gaius The Solemn

When the pest had removed its hood, Gaius was a little surprised. Most of the undead in this world were at the mercy of some form of magic user, that was probably the case with this one as well. He slowly lifted himself out of the sand. Bit of the wet sod loosed itself from his armor and splattered on the beach. His armor reflecting what little light was there. He turned his body to face this skeleton and raised his left to his faceplate, mimicking scratching his chin in thought.

"Now, now, you must be around here somewhere," he pulled his hand away and shrugged, "if I break your toy, another might show up though."

He gestured towards the skeleton with his right hand, index finger pointing, "Just show yourself, I don't like to waste my time with maggots!" 

Another wave splashed over their feet, and a spark dripped form Gaius' extended finger. His eyes scanning the trees for some sign of movement. It wasn't long before he lost all of his patience and it had only been a minute or so.

Bastus

Hym glanced around him, puzzled from what the knight said. This man was insane, he thought. Hym began to snicker, but quickly collected himself. He began to shamble towards the knight.

"Enough of these foolish games, tell me the reason why you're here."

It wasn't long before Hym was in arms length of the knight. He kept his hand on the hilt of sword in case the knight attacked him. 

Gaius The Solemn

The response was just what he wanted to avoid, but nevertheless, a smile cracked across his lips from behind his plated helmet. A beautiful night for more death it seemed to Gaius. The sparks that dribbled from his finger tip started to fade and he put his hand down. The puppet was arms length from him at this point. He slowly lowered his arm to his side and shrugged in the most nonchalant manner he could. Keeping his eyes on the plebeian Gaius spat out another tired note,

"No... no games. Now could you tell me where here is?"

He had hoped that the sudden drop in hostilities would throw off his new pest. The moon was still high in the sky, and he knew that by morning he was going to have ended this ordeal, in one way or another. A necromancer's soul must be tasty.

Noticing the hand that held a strong grip, as strong as a skeleton can grip, on the blade on Hym's waist. Gaius gestured to the hand,

"Just relax, do I look like I have any weapons? You had your bug go through my pockets didn't you?"

Gaius just liked the idea of getting right to his prey, without a chase. So diplomacy would be the best way to go for now. He took a couple of staggered steps back and bowed on the hip, as he ascended his introduced himself,

"I am called Gaius the Solemn, my ship was attacked by some raiders and I was knocked into the ocean, thus my being here."

Bastus

Hym tries to smile, but lack the ability to do so, so he lets out a small chuckle to show that he is cheerful for his cooperation. His grip loosens from the hilt of his blade and lets his arm fall back to his side.

" My name is Hym, or in some places I'm known as Hym, The Skeleton."

"Sadly, I do not know of the name of this location, I merely arrived a few days ago. So, I'm just as oblivious to this area as you are. "

Hym eased his shoulders and let out a sigh, he was far to tired to hold anymore conversation with the nuisiance. He began to trek back to the palm trees to try to regain a restful state. Hym's boney fingers clasped a nook in the tree's bark and pulled himself closer to the leaves. He found leaves pressed into the bark, the area he was slumbering before. He laid his body onto the matted leaves and gazed at the stars, lulling him to a sleep like daze.

Gaius The Solemn

Watching the skeleton walk back Gaius began to follow, just a few steps behind, then the skeleton sat down and just began sleeping. He stood there in front of the minion, the wave still smoothly rolling in in the background. Was the master supposed to come out? Was this just a trick on the part of the necromancer? Gaius told it to bring him to his master, but he is just sitting there, sleeping.

He took another step closer, keeping his eyes on the skeleton, but also trying to keep his sense open to the little patch of tropical trees behind it. He had a couple choices, and he wanted to make his decision quickly.

Hm.. 1st choice, whack the damn bug and break it and find the fucker on my own. 2nd choice, walk away, there's bound to be more souls around here. 3rd, sit here and wait for something to happen.... fuck it.

Gaius kept his vision locked on the skeleton, making sure it wasn't going to try and make a move. A few arcs of electricity began to jump across the knuckles on his right hand, slowly he curled his fingers into a fist. He cocked his arm and back as far as it would go and launched it towards the skeleton.

As the punch flew towards Hym, bright flashes of electricity arced to the ground and the surrounding flora, creating little burn marks upon contact. His fist flew straight into the skeleton's helmet knocking the being's light body far into the left patch of trees.

"When I told you to bring me to your master, I wasn't joking."

He turned towards where the pest had flew. His armor halfway reflecting the moonlight, he started his slow plot towards the landing site.

He yelled out in his deep, gravelly voice, "There's more where that came from, that is, if you're still alive!"

Bastus

Hym laid in the floral, letting the greenery seep over himself.

Did the fool just hit me?

Shrouded in disbelief, he moves his boney hand to examine the damage that has been done. Running his hand up and down his skull, he couldn't find anything noticeable, but while shifting his hand to back of his head he he found something- a large crack running along his face, ending at his cheek bone.

How dare he! That fuck!

Hym began to well up with glee and ecstasy, he even let out a small chuckle only for it to burst into an ensemble of laughter and giggles. It's been a long time since Hym has been struck that it has became laughable.

But, if I was struck by the little cunt, then maybe Gaius was someone worth fighting. After all, that golden suit of his does seem pretty noble, maybe a royal, a knight? Bah, it doesn't matter! The scumbag hit me, it doesn't matter who he is!

Hym began to pull himself out of the greenery, brushing off the debris that landed on him. He staggered to his feet and scanned the area to find the rat. He peered over to where he was dozing off before and there he found Gaius standing over scorched floral.  His eyes focused on the floral, puzzled as to why the was singed but, then he saw a strand to light nip a flower, burning it to a blackened mass. He followed the light till he found its source, Gaius.

An electric user, ah? No bother, it won't be useful once he's dead.

Hym began to sprint towards Gaius, or as fast as he could. He pulled out his bejeweled sword, screaming like a banshee. He aimed it towards the fuck's arm, can't use magic if the fuck's arm is severed, right?

"You little, ignorant, brain-dead, fucking disgrace! How dare you hit me!?!"

Hym raised his sword to the skies, preparing for a downward slash towards Gaius. When he was in arms reach of the fuck, he swung his blade down, trying to hit the cretin's arm but ultimately failed. Instead of hitting the fool's arm, he instead slashed his chest, spewing black liquid all along his blade.

Gaius The Solemn

Gaius quickly jumped back after the cut and retreated to safe distance. The skeleton had taken a route that he did not expect. Most can't handle one of his punches, but this guy was different.

Placing his right hand to the wound on his chest, Gaius started to feel the familiar heat of rage building inside him. It wasn't a deep wound, his armor had stopped most of the force. It was impressive that a blade could even penetrate his fine armoring.

He curled his hands up fist and readied his stance, putting most of his weight back on his right leg and his left in front. He wasn't in the best shape to be fighting, but this bug would be sorry for damaging his beautiful shell.

The sand shifted beneath his feet as he readied himself to lunge forward. The bug might have some meat hidden in those bones, but it was still just a pawn. No mere skeleton could survive another good blow.

"You little bug! I hope that blow was worth it!" Bellowed Gaius as he launched himself at the skeleton. More bright yellow lightning started to jump off  the entirety of his being in random arcs, glassing the sand beneath his feet.

He lurched his left arm forwards in the same fashion in which one would when stabbing with a blade. Speaking through his teeth, Gaius growled, "Fulgur Mucro Undo!" As his arm drew closer to Hym rods of lightning started to take the shape of a crude blade.

He reached his arm further, almost to the point of contact, when in close enough range. The blade split into a mass of different arcs of lightning, rolling through Hym's skeletal body. He retracted his arm and jumped back from the bug.

Nothing is able to stand after that, flesh or not. Thought Gaius as he watched Hym, he enjoyed the pockets of smoke were rolling out of his hooded opponent. He kept his hands ready, just in case. He wasn't going to get hurt again.

Bastus

Hym erupted into a flurry of flames, engulfed in a casing of lightning. The electricity nipped and singed Hym's cloak, rendering them asunder and to the ground it fell. The attack obliterated everything around Hym, glassing sand and turing floral to cinders. Once the attack subsided, all that remained was a skeleton tinted with a slight grey hue.

Hym collapsed to his knees and looked at the burning cloth that was once his clothes. The man's ability was completely unfathomable. Even over a century, Hym never found such power; a power reserved for gods. Even if this man is god-like, he's just a man in golden armor. Hym grabbed what was left of his cloak and slipped the ashened cloth over his head, barely covering his shoulders.

"If you think that petty party trick will do such damage to me, you got something else coming..."

After a quick examination of Gaius, Hym was off to destroy him; starting will a slow shamble, then progressing into a light run leaving footprints in the wet sand. Hym wrapped his bony fingers aorund the hilt of blade and drew it out to his side, pointing to the ocean. "Aoratos." Hym said quietly, and let the tip of his shimmering blade slam into the wet sand. Hym had turned himself invisible, and was no longer visible to Gaius.

Hym trekked towards Gaius, preparing for another slash. When Hym was only a few feet of the vermin, Hym let out a devastating blow, only to stop himself before he made contact with the cretin's shiny armor. The spot that he had slashed early has healed, or more or less had closed up with the black ichor that spewed from him. After further examination, Hym had noticed that the ichor had hardened on his blade as well. This knight was no normal man, or whatever he was once was. He was an abomination, a creature of sin.

"I shall grant you death."

Gaius The Solemn

Every bug has its own adaptations to survive. This bug just happened to have an especially annoying one. Gaius could barely see through his helmet as is, but a minion with a shroud of invisibility. That is a very annoying bug. He watched as the footprints quickly pressed into the ground, waiting for his moment to strike.

It was when the pressure wave of Hym's blow pressed into his armor but with no blade to back it, Gaius had an understanding of his adversary. He grabbed where he thought the blade would be and not to his surprise, his hand made contact with the cold metal of the blade. The jagged design of it slowly cutting through his armor and into his palm. This causing more of the black fluid to leak down the sword. This was a minor inconvenience for Gaius, but he simply did not care.

A moment of silence washed in with the newest wave. Gaius leaned in close to where he thought Hym's head was and growled, "No such thing shall happen."

It was then he lurched back into position, his left hand firmly locked onto the invisible blade. Gaius shot his right arm back, gearing up for a heavy punch. Another grotesque smile split his lips and he whispered, "Die, bug."

His arm flung forwards toward Hym, smacking directly into the right side of his skull. He could feel the bones bend under the force of his fist. Such force would at the very least break a few vertebrae in the skeleton's neck. He would have to find out when he reappeared.

Bastus

Hym blasted through the air once again, leaving a small trail of broken bone and teeth as he went. He landed face down in the sand, kicking sand up into the air. He tried to lift his head up, but it proved no good. He tried again, only to realize what had just happened. Gaius had blasted Hym’s skull clean off his shoulders.

How did he know I was in front of him?! Some kind of power, a sixth sense?

A wave surfaced and caught Hym in the midst of it, pulling his skull out of the sand. There, he was able see the beheaded body of himself still standing, his hand clasped to his sword. Hym was enraged, screaming as each wave slowly brought him out to sea. Hym tried to control his beheaded body but, it seemed almost impossible. His body let go the sword but, it was as if his body had mind of its own, walking around aimlessly, flailing his arms around. His body was a walking madman.

Sif

With a light, yet surely alarming movement, Tel'reoth lowered the very tip of his monstrous blade to barely tap Gaius on his likely gold-crested shoulder plates. The gaping hole of his hood emitted an everlasting darkness, though remained deathly still. Finally, now among the shining devil he sought so long since their encounter at the library in Uthlyn. Out of the stillness of Tel'reoth, his head cocked suddenly to the side, catching a brief but careless glance of the cindering robed skeleton.

The shadow garbed menace began to lift his swinging arm, outstretching for momentum to bring the blade down for a decapitating blow. The second the sword reached appropriate clearance for a slash, Tel'reoth broke his persistent silence with a singular chilling whisper.

"Die."

Gaius The Solemn

When Gaius retracted his arm, he took a moment to look at his ridiculous opponent. A headless skeleton writhing in the sand in front of him, comical. It was then he felt the tap on his shoulder, he knew if he attacked the bug more would show up. He is going to kill that cowardly puppet master yet.

The following moment of silence felt cold. The malice in the air was almost intoxicating, it was something he had felt before. The new opponent might actually worth fighting, it really didn't matter, he would take down as many as needed to get to his food. Upon hearing the death of death, he froze a moment. In most cases, Gaius doesn't care if somebody threatens his life, but he knew this voice. When that one word slinked out of his new opponents mouth, Gaius knew he had to react quickly to survive this.

With an almost mechanical motion, Gaius flung his left arm back releasing the skeleton's blade backwards towards his new foe. The blade spun rapidly lengthwise through the air, tearing at the air that restrained it. Now with both hands free, Gaius lunged at the wobbling body of the skeleton.

His left hand grabbed the neck of the skeleton while his right clutched the spine right below the rib cage. He lifted the skeleton off the ground and flung it over his head, barely catching the top of his helmet fixtures. As he threw the beheaded bug, he was able to confirm his suspicions, it was that black robed maniac from the library.

Gaius lifted his hands back up, his fingers tightly bound into fists. This was not going to be a quick fight.

Sif

As a seemingly full bodied skeleton came hurling towards the shrouded Tel'reoth, his cocked arm began to unwind. The sword came clambering with a mighty swing that connected at the center of the foe's body. From bare eye-shot, you might have guessed that it was the skeleton's torso separated from his lower body as they flew oppositely into the dense forestry. Tel'reoths' blade halted after the blow sunk, and adjusted his sights. The skeleton projectile was evaded, but alas his devastating blade tore at the locks of his blackened garb. His hood now ripped at the seem of his voided face drooped to the bottoms of his shoulder plates.

At a glance it was not easy to decipher whether this brewed ferocity within Tel'reoth. It was simply him, standing in silence. Again the man readied his blade, fixed on the golden vigilante. His arm bearing the sinister blade raised up, pointing at Gaius. The free arm on Tel'reoth instead went low and close to his belt. From Gaius' standpoint, he could only see his evil gauntlet disappear behind him. There they were, another stand off. Tel'reoth waited, silent as ever.

Bastus

Echoes of horror traversed throughout Hym as his most feared dream became reality, the absolute destruction of his precious body. The very thought of such a thing mesmerized Hym, blurring out everything around himself and sending him into a spiraling frenzy. Powered by sheer animosity, Hym began to scream vulgar slurs and curses to his heart's content, even if most of it was incoherent ramblings of some lunatic; he didn't care. All that he cared about was his precious, precious body from staying away from harm and nothing can stop him from doing that, not even the shrouded death or the golden god.

Ontas

Yerm laid up out of the tide, spitting up water and all things alike. Much like before, he has no idea where he's at, or even how he's gotten there. Most likely he fell asleep on some beach and the tide carried him away to here. Alas, his appearance here will forever be a mystery to Yerm. He didn't mind not know where he was, besides it looks like a nice place to be. Lush palm trees, the cool breeze, and the insane man shouting and cursing in the distance. If he didn't just wake up, he'd probably take a nap on the wet sand. It's not like a man can get carried away by the sea twice. Yerm stood up, brushing seaweed off him as he walked to the shore.

Looking around where he was at, he assumed that civilization was far from here. He had two choices: Ask the trees for directions to the nearest town or the screaming lunatic.

Most trees don't give good directions to travelers, so he wandered around listening to the screams. Even though the man is mad, he came from somewhere. As he drew closer to where the man could be, the words he was saying underneath all of the screaming came clearer. He screamed harsh words and slurs, making it very clear that he was mad. Clearly delusional. He wandered into the tide to find the source of the screaming, but it wasn't really a man screaming, but a skeleton. At least, what's left of it. Floating in the water was a shouting skeleton's skull, the lunatic. Bewilderment filled Yerm. How common is it stumble across a talking skull? Only one thought went through Yerm's head, I want one. He didn't seem to notice Yerm. He reached out, clasping the the skeleton in his right hand, fumbling his fingers around smooth bone surface. He observed the the skull for a second, seeing burns and cracks on the right side of his face, practically a miracle it's still intact. He stared deeply into the skeleton's eyes and said, "Hello, what's your name, skeleton?"

Gaius The Solemn

So many questions started to fill up Gaius' head:

How did that man find him? Was he on the same ship as me? Was he already on this island before I washed up? Did he swim across the ocean just to chase me? Who is this man?

It was very unlikely that he would get answers for any of his questions, so instead Gaius balled his fists up even further, keeping his attention on this blasphemous pursuer. He also took note of the writhing body parts of the bug. Even though it had been chopped clean in half, it continued to writhe on the ground. He could hear the head of it not too far off, screaming as loud as it could.

Gaius watched Tel'reoth's hand slip behind his back. The number of tools that the shade could have at his disposal left Gaius somewhat perturbed. The fiend had already surprised him too many times in the short interactions they have shared.

It was very unlikely he would be brought down in this fight, but there was something about this shrouded fiend that irked Gaius. Tel'reoth's existence made Gaius' mind fill with unnatural rage, as if something inside Gaius was telling him to slaughter his opponent.

Gaius hada thought on how to fight this beast. He lifted up his right leg and plunged it into the wet sand, proceeding to do the same with his left. Now with both his feet ankle deep in the ground, he raised his arm and pointed at Tel'reoth, mirroring his stance.

A growl surged up Gaius' throat, "I am going to kill you..."

Sparks began to rapidly appear from the tip of his pointed finger, Gaius started swirling his pointed arm in small circles in the direction of Tel'reoth.

Fulgur Pilum

4 arrow-sized bolts of lightning burst from Gaius' fingertip. Two of them were heading directly towards Tel'reoth, while the other two were heading for either side of him. This is done so if Tel'reoth were to dodge left or right, then he would get hit with one of the askew arrows. Gaius lowered his arm, expecting to land at least one shot.

Tags: