Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What is happening to me?! [Open]

Started by WildsFlower, March 12, 2015, 08:35:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WildsFlower

After being chased from her home and running herself ragged, Maria had somehow ended up in a lush forest with no idea where to go.  She was still unsure why her brother thought she was a monster, how was it her fault bandits attacked him!  It's not like she had mind control or something.  Her thoughts traveled back to the story about the monster in her blood line.  Could it be...
  Her thoughts were interrupted by a growl from her stomach. 
"Guess its lunch time."
Maria let her backpack slide down her arms, set it in front of her, and unzipped it.  Carefully she rummaged through the supplies her mother had given her.
"There has to be more food in here somewhere."  She mumbled nervously.  Unable to find any by rummaging she dumped her bag on the ground.  She scanned her belongings.  Throwing knives, skinning knife, shirt, pants, flint and steel, rope, a canteen, her stuffed bear, and her shoes.  She took the shoes and put them on her feet mad at herself for not rationing her food better.  She stuffed all of her belongings back into her bag leaving out her throwing knives.
"Time to catch some food."
Her brothers had taught her to hunt.  She looked around the area she was in, looking for signs of a rabbit or other small creature.  As she was examining the ground she heard a rustle.  Turning fast on her heel she saw a bush moving.  Without hesitation she threw one of her throwing knives where she saw the movement.
She heard a yelp as a wolf cub tumbled from the bush.  Marias eyes went wide, where there was a cub there was a mama or worse a pack.  She scooted back slowly, hoping the small creature wouldn't see her and call for help.
"Umf." Oh no she had ran into something, hoping it was a tree she turned to climb, face to face with a medium sized wolf all of the blood drained from her face.  As it snapped its jaws at her she tumbled backward.  Laying on the ground she was fair game.  As she watched the wolf leap to land on her, it was as if everything was moving in slow motion.  She felt a strange feeling inside her and suddenly she was acting on instinct again.  She rolled over onto her four legs and darted for a hole in the roots of a tree.
It was happening again, the world seemed different.  Her smell was better and her eyesight keen.  She saw the wolf looking confused, sniffing at her cloths and backpack laying on the ground.  Marias eyes went wide, why were her cloths over there?  She looked down at herself and saw that she was covered in fur.  Terrified she let out a scream that sounded more like a growl.  What was going on?!

JackieCat

Kirl sighed happily and lifted her face to the breeze.  How could she ever have wanted to go back to the town she had been banished from?  This life was a hundred times better!  Wandering the lands, fighting evil!  It was just like in the storybooks she would read as a child.  She had been banished from the village she had lived in when she was only twelve.  Sh had been banished for taking care of a Hyena pup, which were seen as demons in her village.  She looked down at Oax and laughed, the Brown Hyena was rolling in the grass, her legs kicking and sticking straight up as she tried to reach an itch on her back.  The hyena looked over when Kirl laughed and she jumped up and ran to the teenager.

Kirl pulled her leather pack higher onto her shoulder and the two continued on through the forest.  They had been enjoying the nice day and walking for a few more minutes when Oax stopped in her tracks.

Kirl stopped as well and looked at the hyena, her hackles were raised and she was stiff-legged.  Her teeth were bared and her ears were pricked forward.

"What is it?" Kirl said, then she heard it too, a loud growl.

Oax growled quietly and slowly stalked forward.
Kirl followed, walking silently behind the hyena.  After a second they appeared at the edge of a small clearing.  Lying in the center there was a set of clothes, and lying next to that there was a green backpack. And then, standing behind that there was a wolf.
Kirl didn't know what to think, had the wolf killed the owner of those clothes?  No, there was no blood on the clothes, and no sign of a body.

Kirl saw the wolf looked up as it smelled them approach.  Kirl stood there, looking the wolf in the eyes.  She willed it to carry on and leave, she had a way with animals, an almost telepathic ability.  The wofl lowered its head and walked over to the wolf pup that was sitting on the other side of the clearing.  The wolf picked up the pup and walked away into the woods.

"Now where did these come from?" Kirl wondered aloud, walking towards the clothes and backpack.  Oax followed, but she didn't relax.  Kirl knelt next ot the clothes and Oax stood stiff-legged next to her, staring at the roots of a tree and still growling softly.

"Something still there?" Kirl got to her feet and walked over to the roots of the tree."Hello?" 
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

WildsFlower

That noise, what was it?  Maria could smell the scent of the wolf slowly moving away, but there was a new mixture of  smells and that sound. 

"I know that sound". Maria thought to herself, still utterly confused and lost in her lion club like thoughts.  She heard the word echo in her head, then her thoughts started to clear as everything clicked into place.

Being the overly trusting girl she was, she jumped from the roots in hopes this person could tell her what was going on, she was so confused.  When she landed and looked up with hopeful animalistic eyes, she was face to face with something she had never seen before and it terrified her.

A howl of fear escaped her mouth and she leaned back on her haunches and began to back away, hackles raised. 

"Don't hurt me" she tried to say but only a soft whimper came out.

JackieCat

Oax growled at the cub that had just approched, her sharp teeth bared and her hackles raised.
She barked and took a step closer to the cub

"Oax!" Kirl said sharply to the hyena as Oax growled. "Come here, don't scare it!"

Oax backed up to stand next to Kirl, but still her hackles were raised and a snarl on her muzzle.
Kirl looked at the cub, and was more confused than before. What was this cub doing here?  Where was its pack and who's clothes and bag were lying on the ground behind her?

Kirl took a step towards the cub, and then crouched, slowly reaching out a hand towards it.
"Now where did you come from?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

WildsFlower

Maria's mind was reeling.  Why was this lady so big.  Maria was used to being smaller than everyone but this was an extreme. 

Maria tries to speak to the lady with the kind eyes but only growls and moans come from her mouth.  Maria ran i tithe space between Kiri's legs terrified at the noise.  When she turned around and saw there was nothing there a sad howl of realization left her.  She was a monster, this is why her family hadn't wanted her anymore.

A moment after this realization consumed her with sadness her fur reseeded and her lion cub shape shifted back into her small body.

She lay there barley touching Kiri's legs, curled up in a ball sobbing. 

JackieCat

"Whoa!" Kirl leaped back as the lion cub turned into a little girl!  That's where the clothes had come from.

Oax yelped and leaped back, her ears up and her eyes wide.  She walked over to the crying girl and sniffed her, then licked her shoulder.  Then she sat down next to the brown-haired girl, staring down at her curiously.

Kirl watched Oax, the hyena didn't seem cautious of the girl, and her hyena was usually a pretty good judge of character.  Kirl had seen many interesting things during her travels, including people turning into animals, but a little girl who could turn into a lion cub?  Kirl hadn't seen that coming.

The young woman picked up the clothes from the ground and walked over to the girl.  She crouched next to her and put a hand on her shoulder.

"Are you okay?" she asked softly. 
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

WildsFlower

Maria strangely found comfort from the Hyena, just having an instinctual  feeling that it wouldn't hurt her.  Maria looked up at Kiri tears still streaming down her face, she wasn't as big as she remembered.

Remembering....  A new sob slipped through her lips as she shook her head no. 

"I...I'm a mo...mo...MONSTER."  Maria sobbed out, utterly devastated. 

JackieCat

"A monster?" Kirl asked the girl. "You mean that beautiful lion cub just there?  I didn't see a monster, I only saw a great gift that just needs a little fine-tuning."

Kirl smiled at the girl and Oax lay down next to her, curling around her.

"Look at Oax, she likes you already." Kirl said, laughing. "She was a bit nervous when she saw you as a lion, but see her now!" Kirl held out the girl's clothes and smiled even brighter. "Do you want to get dressed?  I can't imagine that you're comfortable!"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

WildsFlower

Maria sniffled as she took her cloths.
"Lion?" She asked still crying but not as much.
Maria pressed her face into her cloths to wipe away some of the tears.

JackieCat

Kirl frowned. "Yes, you were just a lion cub." Kirl's eyes were filled with concern. "Don't you remember?  Just a moment ago you were a lion.  You came out of the tree trunks, and then turned back into a girl."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

WildsFlower

Maria looked at Kirl with confused eyes.  Her eyebrows pushed together as she began to pull her pants up her legs. 
"I remember hiding in the tree from the wolf" Maria spoke slowly as if trying to figure it out herself "but I don't remember a lion.  Are you sure your eyes were not just playing tricks on you?  I mean" Maria looked down at her body as she shimmed the rest of the way into her pants "do I look like a lion?"

JackieCat

"You don't now," Kirl said. "But I know what I saw.  My mind didn't conjure a lion turning into a little girl."

Kirl took a step back and surveyed the girl, she looked like was five, but here eyes were wiser than those of a five year old, and Kirl was sure she had been a lion.
Oax had gotten up with the girl and was sticking close to her side.  The hyena was taller than the girl, and she looked at her, her head cocked.

"Oax saw it too," Kirl said. "She tells me that I wasn't imagining it.  Well, she didn't actually talk to me, she can just let me know what she wants me to know, its not like she's talking in my head."

Kirl shook her head, frowning. "You say you remember hiding from the wolf, but not being a lion?  You remember nothing between when you hid and now?" 
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

WildsFlower

Maria pulls her shirt over her head while wearing a contemplating face.  She runs her hand along Oax. 
"Well I kind of remember but it's blurry.  I remember smelling some strange things that I have never smelled before, and getting a head ack from all of the loud noises,and being very scared, but the rest is... I am not sure".
Maria looks into Kirl's eyes with a very concerned look on her face.  "Am I going crazy?"  Her eyes began to well up again.

JackieCat

"No, no, I don't think you are," Kirl said comfortingly. "I saw you as a lion.  And what you say you remember fits.  The heightened sensed of a lion, the confusion of not knowing what was happening.  I've heard of this type of thing before.  When someone has a power and they start to discover it it can be very overwhelming."  Kirl smiled. "And Oax has a very good sense of who's crazy or not!  And she's telling me you're just troubled, not insane!"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

WildsFlower

As Maria thought about this her mind wandered back to that day with her brothers.  She looked up with haunted eyes.
"Do you think I could kill an almost grown man?"

JackieCat

Kirl frowned, "Physically?  Possibly, but if he was trying to defend himself then I think that you wouldn't be able to kill him.  But if he was unable to fight at all, and you bit his neck or face, then. . .". Kirl bit her lip. "But I don't think that you could, even confused and scared in your loin form, kill someone that you did not want to kill.  Even if you tried to kill someone, I think you would have trouble."

Oax nuzzled the girls side and grunted.  Kirl looked at the girl searchingly.  "Why do you want to know if you can kill someone?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

WildsFlower

Maria looked down at the ground where her foot was twisting back and forth on its toe in that childish way.
"My family chased me out of my home" Maria began in a very small voice "my Mommy told me to run while my brother was yelling that it was my fault that my oldest brother was dead" she paused for a moment to keep the tears from spilling over. 
"I remember how mad he looked as he yelled that I was a monster."

JackieCat

Kirl's eyes grew wide, and she bit her lip. "That's, that's horrible!" she said, then she put her hand on the girl's shoulder.  "I was cast out of my town," Kirl said, "because I took in Lax when she was a pup." She shook her head. If you tell me exactly what happened maybe I can help you.  I know that this might be hard for you, but you need to tell me how your brother died, and why your other brother was mad at you.  Then I may be able to help."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

WildsFlower

Maria chewed on the inside of her lip thinking. 
"My brothers and I were out in the woods to collect fire wood I think."  She started in a small voice filled with memories and sadness.  "Then this guy who looked drunk came up with a knife.  My brother he.."  She sniffled a little and took a deep breath before going on.  "He pushed me into a hole in a big tree and told me not to move.  But I... I could see everything!"  Unable to hold back the tears anymore she let them wet her face again.  "There was more than one man and it all happened so fast." 
As she remembers the next part of the story her eyes sparkle with a small bit of hope but sadness is still dominant.  "My oldest brother was dead with a knife in his chest.."  She says this with that slight hint of hope and realization, she had chose not to think of it since it happened.  "My other brother was getting his face beat in.  I don't remember much after that, the taste of blood and then waking up very cold.  When I got back to my home my mother handed me this bag and told me to run and my brother yelled I was a monster."
Maria looks up at her with hopeful eyes sparkling with tears.
"Can you help me?"

JackieCat

"That makes no sense," Kirl said, shaking her head. "If your brother died by a knife, how could your other brother accuse you?  You did nothing to hurt him.
Kirl started to pace. "You said you tasted blood when you woke up.  You transformed, obviously, and the blood?  Hmmm. . . The blood. . . oh." Kirl's eyes widened. "You attacked.  You attacked the men who had killed your brother.  Your other brother saw that, and in his fear his memories could have been, well, scrambled.  His little sister had turned into a lion right after his brother had been killed.  It makes sense, emotional and physical trauma."

Kirl stopped pacing, and the frown that had been on her face as she thought disappeared as she saw the girl's expression.  Kirl walked up to her and knelt down so the girl's face was even with hers.

"You asked if I could help you.  I'm not certain, but I know one thing sure as day.  I will try to help you with everything in my power to do so."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor