Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The World Beyond (Closed)

Started by Aleron, April 09, 2015, 01:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackieCat

Thank you so much, Kilarhas and my connection to each other is so strong that in his state I don't know if I could leave him, even for a short time.

"No problem," Lorin said, standing up and looking over at Kinn and Aleron. "Okay, let's try to catch some food!  Note:  The key word is 'try' here, people!"
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Aleron

(OOC: so, will we catch anything or will we return empty handed?)

JackieCat

(OOC: Doesn't matter to me, whatever happens)
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

JackieCat

Lorin started into the forest, Kinn following. "So," Lorin said. "Anyone have any idea how to hunt?"

Kinn shook his head. "Not a clue."

"Well, I can be pretty quiet, so if I sat in a tree and waited, something would come along eventually.  I'm a crack shot with my daggers too, I'd probably be able to hit it in a vital point, the neck probably, depending on the size.  I'll do that, you continue on."

So Lorin promptly climbed a tree and Kinn walked on, careful to remember which direction the camp was in.  Soo he was out of Lorin's sight.

"Do you know how to hunt at all?" Kinn asked Aleron.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Aleron

"Well, I hunted just yesterday with Kilarhas, before all that jazz with the demon." He shuddered as he remembered the night prior. "I can hold the deer still for you to kill it, and maybe I could kill it on the spot but other than that I haven't really. I've killed a wolf, if that helps."
He chuckled a little and ducked under a low lying branch. The air was chilly, and the forest had lost it's glow of warmth. He heard some rustling up ahead.
"Hey hey hey hey hey!" He whispered, crouching and putting his hand in front of Kinn. "I think there's something ahead."

JackieCat

Kinn crouched down behind some long grass and looked at where Aleron was pointing.  Indeed, there was something there.  It was a huge buck with a pure white coat, almost silver.  At first Kinn assumed it to be an albino deer, but then he realized it was not.  If was albino, the insides of it's ears and the tip of it's nose would be accentuated pink, this deer was accentuated in silver.  He was also much too big to be a normal buck, and his antlers were muck larger and they were silver, as well as his eyes.  He was grazing, his large, soft, eyes alert and his ears twitching, listening for any sound of danger, but all in all, the deer was considerably relaxed.

"We can't hurt him," Kinn said, putting a staying hand on Aleron's arm.

(OOC: Sorry I haven't posted for so long!)
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Aleron

(OOC: No worries!)

"What is it?" Aleron whispered, mesmerized. Whatever this beast was, it was more than a deer. It was so graceful, and majestic. It stood elegantly in the waving grass, light sparkling across it's silver antlers and white coat. It's eyes looked about peacefully, observing the forest.
It made eye contact with Aleron and he froze. The docile creature stared deep into him, and he felt exposed, as if it was reading him. He did not move and was stuck in an awed trance, keeping the intense link between them alive. Whatever this creature was, Aleron felt it was a force of magic. Whether that was light or dark was a mystery.

JackieCat

"It is a Anima de Silvestre," Kinn whispered.  "A Spirit of the Wood, and a very powerful one at that."

As the creature made eye contact with Aleron it started to walk forward slowly, coming nearer and nearer to where the  two were crouching.  Kinn didn't move, and he motioned for Aleron to stay still as well.  The deer was not even two feet away from them when it stopped.  It was huge, and beautiful.  It looked from Aleron's eyes into Kinn's, and the mage jolted as if electrified when they made eye contact.  He fell backwards and then deer dipped its head to Aleron, and then dipped its head to Kinn.  Then it looked over to the other side of the clearing.  Kinn followed the deer's gaze to a doe standing away from them.  It was a normal deer, and it wasn't too big, but it wasn't too small.  It hadn't noticed them, and it was grazing peacefully.

The buck looked back to Kinn and Aleron and then it started to disappear.  It started to disperse into silver mist that was blown away by the breeze.

"That deer over there?" Kinn said, looking at the doe. "We can hunt her."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Aleron

"Alright," Aleron whispered. He quietly snuck through the talk grass until he was about ten feet away from the deer. "Can you shoot it?" He asked. "If you can't, I'm sure I could manage to get it."

JackieCat

Kinn followed the other mage until they were very close to the deer.

"I can get it," he whispered, and summoned a ball of magical energy in his hands.  The doe looked up as she heard the crackle of magic, but it was too late.  Kinn fired the energy and it hit the doe right in the chest, she fell without a sound.

"Great!" Kinn said, walking out into the clearing to the deer.  He stood over it. "Now we have to lug it back to camp, I guess I could do a levitating spell, but with all the trees and underbrush and stuff. . ."

He looked up ate Aleron hopefully. "You're stronger and fitter than me, you can carry it?"

"Hey, you guys got anything?"

Kinn looked over to see Lorin walking towards them, the elf woman carrying a large buck over her shoulder. "This thing is heavy," she said. "Let's get back to camp."

"What are we going to do with two deer?" Kinn asked, and Lorin rolled her green eyes.

"We're going to give this one to Keyne, she needs to eat too, you know."

"But she said she could go on without food for days, ah well, I'm sure she'll appreciate it," the mage looked back to Aleron. "Can you carry this one?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Aleron

"Yeah," Aleron beamed. "I could give some levitation a try. But if it doesn't work, I'll try to lift it."
He turned and crouched by te deer, placing his hands on it's furry side. Concentrating, he began to fill it with energy that he could lift. The grass around him bgegan to tingle, swirling more as he began to lift. The deer lifted into the air about a foot, the bushes and grass rustling wildly. The grass began to rip from the ground, hovering in the air. Aleron let go of the deer and it dropped to the ground with a thud.
"I think I'll just carry it," he said. He lugged the dead beast over shoulder, wobbled for his balance, then headed off to camp.

JackieCat

When they got to the camp not much later, Keyne was happy to see the buck, and she ate it fairly quickly.  The doe was another matter.

"Does anyone know how to skin this thing?" Lorin asked, her hands on her hips. "I mean, seriously, was Kilarhas the only one who knew how to do any survival stuff?"

Kinn shrugged. "I'm a mage, not a ranger!"

"I might be able to get it done," Lorin said. "But not efficiently, I bet a lot of meat would be wasted.  Aleron, do you know how to skin a deer?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Aleron

He shrugged. "Not a clue."
He stared at the dead animal, arms folding across his chest, and pondered. It couldn't be any harder than sheering a sheep; it'd just mean sheering the skin off, too. But like Lorin said, he might waste a lot of meat.
"Could Keyne do it? I mean, she has sharp claws that could maybe get it off." But of course, there was a chance meat would be lost during that process as well.

JackieCat

The dragon nodded. I would be able to, just bring it over here so I do not have to disturb Kilarhas.

Lorin dragged the deer over to the dragon, who, using her razor sharp claws, easily slit the deer open and started to gut it.  Within minutes it was done, and Lorin doubted a scrap of meat had been lost.  The dragon ate the remains that human or elf would not like to generally eat, and then Lorin put the meat on a spit over the fire.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Aleron

Aleron sat on a stone, not sure what to do. He watched Lorin cook the deer, it's meat simmering oh-so-deliciously. He thought of Kilarhas, who was injured. He didn't seem to be doing good, or at least that was what Aleron perceived.
He wished he knew how to make potions, and how to choose ingredients and mix them to make different concoctions. There had been a shop in Edersden that sold potions. Oh, if only he had bought a healing one! That could've helped out so well now.
But there were none, and he knew nothing about alchemy. They needed a way to find some, though, h thought. Maybe there was a village somewhere nearby? But how would they know?
Suddenly, he remembered the anime de silvestre. It had shown them the deer that they would've never seen otherwise; maybe it could show them the way to a village, or at least a plant that could heal Kilarhas!
He shot forward from his stone suddenly, eyes wide and face beaming.
"What if we found some sort of leaf or potion that could heal Kilarhas? I mean, like how the anime de silvestre pointed us to the deer. What if we could somehow summon it again and it could show us the way to a plant, or, or a village!"

JackieCat

The others looked up at Aleron's suggestion.  "We may not be able to summon it again," Kinn said, now having almost completely forgotten that these people had actually captured him.  "Spirits of the Earth are the most free-spirited and wild of all spirits, the Anime de Silvestre may not like being asked to be summoned."

If it will help Kilarhas, you will try.. Keyne sent firmly, and Kinn nodded.

"It is a very powerful being, and will only come if it wants to, I cannot force it here."

Then Kinn stood and walked over to the edge of the clearing.  Where he started to make a perfect circle on the ground with sticks and acorns and leaves and other natural materials he took from the ground.  Then, using the same materials, Kinn made designs around inside the circle.  Then he knelt down in the middle of the circle and started to quietly mutter under his breath.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Aleron

Aleron watched, biting his lip. He hoped it would work; he was growing tired of the forest and missed the villages; he couldn't remember the last time he was in one. It couldn't have been that long, but still it felt like ages. And, well, at the very least, Kilarhas needed medicine, and anything that could help would be greatly appreciated.
He watched Kinn give the incantations, and began to wonder how they had met. In fact, now that he thought about it, he couldn't really remember how he met any of them.
He slightly remembered Lorin robbing him of his coins, of the old, blind air wielder named Gen who sard his money. But how had they joined together, traveling as a single party across the land?
Well, and why were they even traveling? Here was Kinn Dice,  mousy young Mage, yet where did he come from?
And it was then that Aleron, shaken to the core and mouth agape in dread, realized he couldn't even remember where he came from. This was wrong. How had he forgotten it all, with just hazy images of the clouds as they soared upon Keyne and the rich manor he had snuck through?
He looked about him, suddenly the pulsing murmur of Kinn fading into the distance. The world became an overwhelming roar of bird calls and rustling leaves and the breeze. A black crow cawed, and fluttered down like the Reaper himself approaching to his victim, giving him the grim message that death was waiting. It landed on his bag, cocked it's head to the side, and stared at him with a Brady black eye. He could swear he saw the glimmer of a smile grotesquely spread along its charcoal beak.

It was the forest.

This enchanted forest, of which had just been tropical and now as the touch of death; the woods of wandering demons and sicknesses that fall upon its travelers, and roaming Spirits of the Earth.
Somehow,  primal instinct over took him, telling him that they had to leave the forest, for whatever fate awaited them inside the towering trees and shuddering leaves was not good.
"We need to leave the forest," he whispered, then repeating it louder. He looked to Lorin, the thief-turned-friend. "This is an evil place. I think the sickness of spreading, not in the same way, but spreading nonetheless; I can't remember anything."

JackieCat

Lorin noticed immediately the change in Aleron.  She got to her feet, watching him, Keyne looked up when she saw Lorin rise, but Kinn was too deep in his spell-casting to notice.

"Aleron," Lorin said, stepping towards him.  Then a crow landed on his back, and Lorin took another step forward. "Aleron!"

Keyne stood, but then Aleron spoke.  Lorin nodded. "I agree," she said, not asking about him forgetting everything, now they needed to get out of this forest.  She turned to Kinn, to tel him that they had to go, but the mage was standing, and standing in front of him was the Anime de Silvestre, and it was not alone.

With it stood a whole herd of the spectral deer, all large, nearly as big as a horse, and all looking serenely at the companions.

Kinn turned to Lorin and opened his mouth to speak, but then the wind started to blow faster, and faster, and dark shadows started to appear, twisting around the trees and the companions.  Lorin drew her daggers, but before she could act, the deer charged forward, scattering the shadow demons and making a circle around the companions, protecting them from the darkness that had descended over the forest.

"We need to go!" Lorin shouted over the rushing wind, and Kinn nodded.  Keyne stood, positioning Kilarhas onto her back, and one of the spectral does walked up to Lorin and stood next to her, another went over to Aloron and nudged his shoulder.

"They want you to get on!" Kinn shouted, climbing onto the back of one of the other deer.  Lorin nodded, and climbed onto the magnificent creature.  It felt strange under her, not like a solid animal, but not completely ghostly either.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Aleron

The howling wind rushed through his hair. Lorin shouted, almost incomprehensible. He quickly took to the magical being, climbing onto its back and clutching onto what he could. The shadows, stretched grotesquely across the trees and brush, swirled around the circle of anime del silvestres, howling eerily as they tried to penetrate the wall and harvest their prey.
Aleron looked around, barely able to keep his eyes open as the gusts of wind increased in strength. Trees groaned and leaves exploded from the branches, filling the world with chaos.

JackieCat

As soon as they were all mounted, the deer took off, Keyne following close behind.  The dragon flew after them above the trees, even in the darkness the dragon could see the bright shapes of the deer through the trees.  The sky was dark now as well, covered in black swirling clouds.  They ran on and on, and Lorin looked behind them to see the shadows still in pursuit.  Some leaped up to try and grasp Keyne, but she flew higher, always evading their touch.

Then Lorin saw a light ahead, the edge of the forest.  She looked behind them again, the shadows were getting closer and closer, they had to hurry!
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor