Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Winds of Change [Liooon!] [M]

Started by Rhindeer, April 16, 2015, 02:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

"You'll have to teach me their laws so I don't accidentally offend the wrong person. I don't wanna wave 'hi' at someone and get stabbed 'cause that means 'you smell like horse dick' to them," Jayari said with a wrinkle of her nose.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Lion

"I'll make sure you aren't lashed or collared," he said with a smile and reached for her hands, cupping th.between his hands.  "If you're ready to continue, I'm ready as well."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Rhindeer

"Whoa, wait, what?! Lashed or collared? That's a thing they do there?" Jayari said, mouth agape as she stared at Ki'adan in budding horror, her hands tight around his.

And then, realizing what a cowardly reaction that was, she puffed out her chest and sniffed.

"I'd skewer the person who tried." With a firm nod, she released his hands and turned toward his horse. "Let's go, I was born ready!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Lion

Ki'adan was just staring at her, wide-eyed, a  small smirk gradually grew and he chuckled lightly.  "I'm sure you will. Woe be to anyone that tries to tangle with you."

They stood and strode over to the horse.  As tired as the mount was, he was ready to continue on their journey.  Ki'adan hopped onto his back and pulled Jayari up after him.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Rhindeer

Jayari couldn't tell if he was being sincere or sarcastic, but she decided to take it at face value! Pulled up onto the horse with him, she poked him in the side.

"That includes you," she teased. "Which reminds me, you owe me a sparring match."

Lion

"If I lash and collar you, I promise it's because you deserve it," Ki'adan laughed and rode on.  "I think you know who'd win that match anyway."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Rhindeer

"Well, duh. Me," Jayari said without missing a beat.

Lion

"And a princess never misses an opportunity to flaunt her...assets as it were," Ki'adan laughed.  "You would win only because I am injured and weakened."

The horizon came closer the more the steed trotted on, but these small conversations kept his mind from what they had done.  And he hoped so for her sake as well.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Rhindeer

Jayari snorted at that and rolled her eyes at his back. Assets, indeed!

"I wouldn't spar you wounded," she said. "I'd let you heal up first, so it'll feel more like a fight and less like punching a baby. And, you know...to let you believe you've got even the ghost of a chance against me." And she flipped her braids as she said it, eyelashes fluttering.

Just keep talking, just keep talking! The banter was working to keep her mind off other things, things she had yet to process and likely wouldn't even begin to accept as real for a bit. Haughty boasting and teasing had always been her best coping method and best distraction.

She knew that, eventually, she would have to face reality.

She just hoped by then she wouldn't feel quite so much like screaming.

Lion

It was better than dwelling on the past. It would catch up with them anyway.  For now however, it was just the two of them.

"Jayari I would put you down so hard, you'd skip breakfast, lunch, and dinner for three days because you'd eat so much dirt," he laughed.  "When I'm all healed up, I'll prove it to you."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Rhindeer

"Pfffft! As if! I've got youth and beauty over you. I'll bet your joints are already starting to creak and pop!" Not that he was much older than her really, and certainly well into his prime, but...poking fun at age differences always seemed to get folks riled up.

Lion

"Hey! I'm not an old man.  I've lived a full life that's all," he murmured, cutting her a playful look.  "Besides that would mean you jumped an old man's bones.  Blagh!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Rhindeer

"Which would mean you robbed the cradle!" Jayari shot back with a smirk. "Perv."

Lion

"No!  Don't try to turn this one me," he cackled.  "Or I'll have you on the ground faster than you can blink."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Rhindeer

"Oh, you'll have me on the ground, will you?" Jayari said and leaned against his back, chin propping on his shoulder so her lips were near his ear.

"I think you already did. Peeeeeeerv."

Lion

"Hey!  I'm warning you.  Don't push it," he said, trying to ignore the chill that coursed down his spine from her whisper.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Rhindeer

"You say that like it's an incentive to stop," Jayari said with a light laugh that likely tickled along his skin. She gave his ear a quick nip.

"If you were feeling better, I might keep pushing and see where it landed me!" After all, it wasn't like such dalliance mattered anymore, she realized with a sharp pang.

Lion

"I'm too dignified to respond to that in the way I'd be most pleased to do so,"  Ki'adan said with a haughty laugh.  "Let's find a place to make camp soon.  The horse is tiring and I'm on the verge of collapse."  Words that were followed by a yawn.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Rhindeer

Jayari decided to take that as a win, and she leaned against him and held on as they continued over the plains.

She pointed over Ki'adan's shoulder to a sparse cluster of trees. "What about over there?" she asked, and frowned. "Or is that too exposed?"

Lion

"That will do, for now.  Even a temporary camp there will be better than trying to lay low in the grasses," Ki'adan said and pushed his horse off in that direction.  Feeling the animal move underneath him, even tiredly made him reach down and pat Jayari's leg.

"I'm sorry we left behind your mare.  If I had the choice, I'd have her here with us.  No Duhjari should be parted from their horse.  That's what my father used to say anyway," he said with a sigh.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn