Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Winds of Change [Liooon!] [M]

Started by Rhindeer, April 16, 2015, 02:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Ouch.

Jayari stiffened at his words. Until this moment, she hadn't even stopped to consider her mare. All of this was still a confusing, overwhelming mess in her head, and she had yet to come to grips with everything she would be losing--

And all the people she would be leaving behind.

She hadn't even thought about her horse. Her horse, that she had helped birth and trained herself, who was as much of a friend and companion to her as any person. Her throat tightened, and she sucked in a slow breath.

"Oh...it's...it's okay," she said slowly, steeling herself. Be strong, Jayari. She'd already cried enough, and she didn't want Ki'adan to think her weak. "It'll be fine. She's a good horse. My father will take good care of her and...and it'll be fine."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Lion

Ki'adan could feel her pain.  Hitama was as precious to him as her horse had been for her.  A horse was more than just a mount for a Duhjari.  Where they were useful beasts that could haul plows or wagons or carry a man far into battle, to the Duhjari they were apart of them in nearly every essence of being.  They were as essential to life as the very beat of their hearts and breath in their lungs.

He said nothing to the matter and instead kept going until they found a suitable spot in that copse to make camp.  It would give them a concealed location long enough to at least get some rest for the time being.

"Are you hungry or thirsty?" he asked, settling down and finishing the fire.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Rhindeer

"Equal parts both, I think," Jayari said tiredly as she joined Ki'adan at the fire, plopping down onto her butt with a small puff of stirring dust. "But I don't think you're in any condition to hunt right now, and me? I didn't have time to grab anything. Considering I didn't know I was going on a trip," she added with a wry smile.

She fiddled with a braid, rubbing her fingers along the beads in a self-soothing sort of gesture. "If you've got any weapons on you, lemme borrow them. I can fetch us something. I'm the better shot anyway."

And her grin was impish as she said it, hearkening back to their earlier hunt. "I clearly won last time, after all."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Lion

What a snide little remark, and made a time like this?

He gave her a sharp look but the grin that played on his lips was more than evident.  "Yes.  You won.  And your prize was to ride the loser," he said with a wink and pulled his bow out before him.  He handed them to her, knowing he didn't have to teach her much of anything.  If one thing was for sure was that the Chief taught his daughter well.

"Just don't shoot me, okay?  I'm still recovering.  And it wouldn't be much of a victory," he chuckled.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Rhindeer

Jayari snorted a laugh at that, her face heating. Ride the loser she had, and boy had he been a loser. She'd ridden him, all right, and what had he gotten out of it but a beating? But once again she shoved the negative thoughts from her head. If she went hunting with a cloud of negativity around her, she would catch no game. She would be her own bad luck charm.

"I'll try not to. Tasty as you look..." And with a saucy grin his way, she winked at him and tossed her braids, then turned and tromped out through the grass with her his bow in hand and a quiver slung across her back.

She wasn't gone too long. The plains were plentiful, and soon enough, she returned carrying a slain, fat rabbit by the ears. She slung it down at Ki'adan's feet.

"What do I win this time?"

Lion

Ki'adan, honestly hadn't been expecting much.  Oh he had no doubt she was an excellent hunter, but just out of spite he wanted to starve.  And yet somehow, he was so so glad he was proven wrong.  Would he ever concede she was the better hunter?

Hell.  No.

He could, however, be an excellent loser. 

Ki'adan looked at her and took the fat rabbit in hand.  "Win?  This wasn't a competition," he said smugly. 

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Rhindeer

"Everything's a competition!" Jayari announced, hands on her hips. "After all, life's one big game, one big challenge full of smaller challenges. And I won at this one! Admit it. I'm amazing. And a winner. So what do I get?"

Lion

Ki'adan just stared at her with a raised brow and set the rabbit down beside him.  Goodness she wouldn't let this go, now would she?
Despite rolling his eyes he looked her over and kept his smug expression.  "How about my appreciation and some dinner?  That's good enough yes?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Rhindeer

"Nope!" Jayari said, and she plopped down next to him.

"I killed that deer, saved your butt, and got us dinner. So admit I'm amazing! And the best."

Lion

Ki'adan made an audible sigh, loud and obnoxious just as he intended.

"You're the best.  And amazing," he droned, not sounding like he at all meant it.  "There?  Happy now?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Rhindeer

Jayari let out an exaggerated huff and crossed her arms, bottom lip poking out.

"Nope," she said. "You're not very convincing."

Lion

He chewed idly on his bottom lip.  And rose to his knees, shuffling a little closer to her.  He leg a hand touch her leg.  "And what do I have to do to convince you?" he asked, looking up at her.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Rhindeer

Jayari glanced down at his hand, and fiercely shoved back the small, subtle thrill that went through her. Stupid, stupid, to get all excited just at a mere touch. But she hadn't lied to him; she'd fawned over him before, and she still did. Even after everything.

Instead, she feigned nonchalance and gave a shrug. "A little enthusiasm would be nice."

Lion

Ki'adan snaked a hand up at the back of her leg and grinned up at her. "Oh thank you, Jayari.  You are truly my savior!" And dramatically threw his arms around her thigh and kissed at her hip.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Rhindeer

...Well, that was a definite improvement!

Jayari stared down at the top of his head in surprise, and then bit her lip hard to hold in the bubbling laughter wanting to burst out. Her shoulders shook with the effort, and her breaths came out sharp through her nose like repressed laughter, but finally she cleared her throat, lifted her chin regally, and gave him a singe pat on the top of his head.

"That is acceptable," she said in her most arrogant voice.

Lion

Oh he knew she was being condescending.  And when she pat his head he leaned his head in and planted lips firmly on her thigh and blew hard, forcing the air out in a farting noise.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Rhindeer

The act crumbled instantly.

Jayari collapsed into squealing, flailing laughter, gasping for air and thrashing to get away. Gods be damned, that was NOT FAIR! That was one of her most ticklish spots!

"You BUTT! Ahaha, stoppit!" she wheezed, giving him a playful shove.

Lion

Ki'adan didn't let her go, not before giving her another one on the same thigh and keeping persistent.  His lips stayed there until it turned into a sucking kiss, leaving a trail of hickies along her sensitive skin.

He leered up at her, lips still wounded, face still very much bruised, but persistent nonetheless.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Rhindeer

...Oh!

Jayari's struggles soon stilled when those raspberries turned into something else, something a little less ticklish and far more pleasant. And soon she was squirming for an entirely different reason as his lips left behind kisses and darker marks, her giggles turning into a breathy gasp.

That...that wasn't fair at all!

"Ki'adan, what...?" She dug her fingers into his hair, staring down at him as her face went hot. And that look! Oh, he was a demon, all right.

She squirmed again, this time to try and free her leg. "That's just mean!" she said with a huff.

Lion

"What's mean? I just wanted to show my appreciation is all," he breathed, gently lapping his tongue in wet kisses closer to her inner thigh.  He paused and glanced up at her expectantly.  "Why did you want me to stop?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn