Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Breaking the Sky (M)

Started by Lion, April 22, 2015, 01:00:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

Castor stared at her strangely.  "You're upset because we're finding something it seems we need.  But you forget this is my mission, Xala.  You wanted to come along.  So why are you the one complaining?"  He sniffed and went off stalked up the stairs, peering up and over the labyrinthine passages and stairways all over this massive tomb.

He held his breath as if somehow that would reveal the way.  He squinted, and something glittered in the dark.  It was large, definitely.  And he started off in that direction.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Draconian

Xala just frowned at him.

"You get missions given to you." She sneered out after a moment, looking down at her messy hands. while he walked up the stairs she followed him closely enough, "We're complaining because this entire stupid castle-whatever is bullshit." Xala kicked at a stair and went silent when Castor held his breath. Did he see something?

Leaning to look around him, she saw him stare off into the dark. So she did too. However, she saw nothing and instead took a few steps to stand beside him and gentle elbow him. "What're you staring at?"

Lion

It was bullshit, that much he agreed.  But what other choice did he have but to endure it?  He shook his head of the thought.  Lingering on anything that was further negative would only put him in an even worse mood.

"There's a door, a large one it looked like, that gleamed through the other side," he said gently, gesturing for her to follow him.  "Best not to dawdle."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Draconian

Xala grinned widely.

"Dawdle."

She repeated, followed him.

"We didn't know you were secretly an old lady," She cast a glance at his groin and then slowly raked her eyes up his body. "Dawdle." She muttered again shaking her head and finally in the distance she saw the door. A deep frown set in on her features and she pat at the keys in her pockets. "Think the keys are for that door? We guess we'll see. Want us to put them in? We imagine gripping things is had when you have metal fingers."

Lion

"Usually keys means there's a lock that it opens," he sighed and just shot her a grin.  So far she'd been useful as a packmule.  If anything it was easier to have someone around that didn't crush things.

"We'll get to it soon.  Just a few more flights of stairs."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

"We know we look weird and we can't read but..." She just glared at him, the stairs causing the glare to be centered on his ass, "We know what keys are for." The words were clipped and haughty and Xala followed him up the stairs as close as she could without touching him.

Lion

The door was coming closer into view than he thought and he saw that it was large enough to be as tall as the chamber, and there were at least 7 slots where it seemed keys needed to be placed.  He entertained the possibility of being wrong, but it was worth a try.  Anything here was worth a try.

"Let's see where they fit," he murmured and went about inspecting where each key ought to be placed.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

Seven.

Xala frowned at her pockets and then back at Castor.

They did not have seven keys.

They didn't even half half of seven keys.

"Well, let us know when you find one and we'll put it in the slot for you." Another moment to eye his hands, "You don't have the best... Grip." A hard truth. A hard truth he hopefully accepted.

"So, while we search, what are the cons to those gauntlets?" A tilt of her head, "Besides the whole Not Wanting Them thing. You're stronger. You don't have to worry about things biting your hands off." A shrug, "Seems like a sweet deal."

Lion

Despite not quite having all they need, Castor was determined to find the rest of the keys.  He would scour this entire tomb from top to bottom.

"Huh?"

He was lost in thought, having nearly forgotten Xala was tagging along to begin with.  He gave her a frown.  "I guess...if I wasn't careful, I'd go through a lot of shirts.  I can't ever feel with my hands anymore.  That sucks.  And I could turn you to mush without any effort."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

Xala stared at him for along moment before she tipped back her head and laughed. The wickedly sharp teeth on display for a few moments before she just grinned at him, "Mush us without any effort?"  Slowly she turned back to the key holes and gave them a nasty look, knowing that they'd have to find the rest of them.

But from where?.

"You'd need some effort. You're still human in those gauntlets. We are not human at all." She rose her fist at him, the scaled one with the sharp claws. "We look so different from you, we're surprised you forget." Another pause and she looked from the door to his hands, "You can still feel though, just..." A tilt of her head and she smiled, remembering how he'd felt the scales at her back, "Press your face against it."

Lion

Eyes flickered to her, looking her over, deep in thought.

"I don't think it matters," he said, looking at his palms, frowning.  "You're still...squishy."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

Xala eyed him up and down, looking at his legs and his chest.

"You're squishier than We are." A snap of her teeth at him, another smile, "It entertains us that you think you're better. You're a human wearing toys you can't control." A look at the gauntlets with her slitted eyes, "Probably for the best. Those things are dangerous."

Xala paused, "Are you sure we can't just rip off your arms? Humans grow those back, right?"

Lion

He frowned.  "I never said I was better.  I just know what I can do."  He wasn't comfortable talking about this kind of thing, not with anyone.

And he turned away from the door and observed upward, toward anywhere he guessed a key might be.  The only way to start was to keep going.  He walked away, gesturing Xala to follow, scampering up the steps.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

"We know what you can do, too."

Xala grinned at him, gave her eyebrows a waggle and pocketed all the keys again. Not wanting to lose them.

Maybe it would be a better idea to put them into the door? So they wouldn't get lost?

Nah.

A loud sigh and she followed her companion up the stairs, looking around all the while. What an interesting trip and how much of nothing there was to show for it except for a lost coat and ruined clothing. A grin and Xala caught up with Castor quickly, standing not quite shoulder to shoulder simply because of a height difference. "So, we have.. What. Three? keys? And there were seven locks? Do you know what's behind the door? Is it gold?" Another look down at his gauntlets and she pursed her lips, "A way out?"

Lion

"I don't know what's on the other side of it," Castor admitted.  "It could be anything.  But I do know it's something I need.  Something pertaining to the gauntlets."  He closed his eyes, concentrating.  "I...I think I remember a watery passage, much like the tunnel we went through to get here.  At least it sounded like water.  We should try to find something like that.  Perhaps another key is in there."

Castor hated that he felt as if he really was going around in circles.  After all there were creatures lingering around this place, and it was all dank and terrible and something smelled faintly of oil.  Castor pushed west, just looking and listening, until he heard something that sounded like droplets.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

Watery?

Xala visibly winced, not enjoying the idea of water.

Still, the last time they'd split up had been nothing but bad news and she followed him like a duckling. "Didja run past a map? Maybe there's a map somewhere." Finally she asked when she too heard the droplets.

"Remember. We can't swim." A weary look to Castor and then to his hands, "Can you float?"

Lion

"I can swim just fine," he said, patting her shoulder with his arm.  "I won't let you drown.  Not intentionally I mean."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

Xala frowned, giving Castor an unpleased look.

"Thanks. Really. If we drown are you going to breath our air for us again?" She pursed her lips and waggled her eyebrows at him.

Lion

He shook his head, serious.  "No, but I'll give you a pleasant burial.  Now what's all this lollygagging for?  I recalled where I must go.  Are you still keen on helping me or not?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

"Please don't bury us in the water. Or that hall of mirrors."

Xala gave him a look, smirking before she held out her arms, "Lead the way then! We're helping you, we're letting you know we can't swim. We nearly died in two feet of water and We don't know what's going to happen with... Where ever we're off to next." A hand moved to shake in whichever direction he was on his way to.

"Go! We'll follow."