Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Breaking the Sky (M)

Started by Lion, April 22, 2015, 01:00:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

"I don't think what did this to me is behind that door. I have dreams of things that terrify me when I'm asleep.  They're often of a man suffering, tortured by...I don't know... His enemies I guess?"   Castor shrugged and led them back the way they came.

The trek was quiet for the most part save for whatever small talk came between them, and finally they were at the massive door, it's golden sheen reflecting partly in the mystic light. Castor felt his belly ache, anticipation overwhelming him and he gestured her for the key.  "You can reach those other locks can't you?"

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Draconian

Other locks?

Xala frowned at the key in her hand.

It was tempting to just shove it at Castor and tell him to have a nice life. However, no doubt he'd drop the key. Xala couldn't remember a way out anyway. It felt like she'd been stuck in here for years already.

Carefully, she put the key into one of the locks, giving a quiet sigh when it clicked open. The other locks clicked and she gave the door a nudge. It moved easily for something so massive. "Castor?" Xala started, her voice going soft, " what exactly are you looking for again?"  Another nudge and the door moved further, curious and hesitant.

Lion

Hearing those clicks brought a level of satisfaction to what had already been an exhausting journey. Castor hated admitting to himself that he knew this was only the beginning. There was no way he was going to be free of these gauntlets. He didn't expect Xala to bother understanding any more than she did. She was simply here for the ride, wasn't she?

The door opened and he stepped in closer, the darkness opening up before him. "Relics," he said.  "I don't know what just yet. But I suppose I'll know when I find it.  These iron hands are all that guide me. I'm sorry. I wish I had better answers to give you."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Draconian

Xala licked her teeth, frowning ever so slightly.

Relics. but he didn't know what they were. That was some hot bullshit. A lift of her eyebrow and she looked away after a moment, looking both unimpressed and perhaps a little irritated. Xala followed after Castor, lips tight, pupils giant black orbs from the lack of light.

"Smells old in here," She said, voice echoing, "Will you know?" She asked softly, curious, "Will you see it and just know? Or do you just... Never know."

Tags: