Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

You tapped the wrong barrel guys (Spice & Cobalt)

Started by SilmeriaElemred, May 17, 2015, 11:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilmeriaElemred

''Since I am not trusted. What will be espected of me Priestess of Inima.'' the boy asked. Giving her a few more stray pieces of written parchment. Although they had basicly lain in gore and blood making it most likely unable to read them fully.

Oblirin in the meantime however used his long whip to bind the old mans hands.

''Eathen... you... you are my son. You can not let them take me... I... I did this for you.'' he started to plead on which his son raised an eyebrow.

''I would have rather starved then knowing I was fed with money you made by selling what was not yours to sell. He mentioned head gem right? Was his pain worth curing your bone illness and look younger? Like I said. I can not give a damn what will happen with you and doubt that even if I would care and plead to our Gods for mercy they surely would not give it. So why should I.'' He looked at Zea again awaiting her answer.

Cobalt

Zea watched the family drama unfold open-mouthed. The kid seriously was going to let his father die convinced his son hated him. Either this Eathen was seriously so gripped by pains of conscience that he cared more for justice than his own family, or he was one seriously cold-blooded bastard who'd do anything to anyone to save his own skin. Definitely more interesting than his father.

"At this rate, I expect that your father will be pressured to do the honorable thing. Especially since you're still around and presumably want to have some kind of future here, right? This is going to completely ruin your whole family's chances unless dad makes a very permanent apology."

Best if he did that in Khan custody, though. It'd spare Zea an exhaustingly impassioned speech urging that the family's honor had been redeemed and the son deserved to live his life.

"If he turns out to be too much of a coward to make things right for you, though, I'd say your family's going to be down to Untouchable."

SilmeriaElemred

''I feared as much.'' Eathen spoke with a sigh. ''I assume I will need to accompany the both of you to the Khan?''

''Most likely. But like I said. I am not to familiar with the culture. But that Untouchable does not sound good.''

''It basicly... it's a status for dishonerable people.'' Eathen said and walked to the broken cuffs and chains that held Oblirin for so long. ''Others may wonder where father is though if he does not come back with the research. He was sent to pack all the parchment. I was merely along because he did not want to carry it all by himself. But would indeed he not restore the honor he has casted into the pit for something as simple as wealth... I will not have a really enjoyable life.''

''I do not understand though why you would be punished like that for his mistakes.'' Oblirin said.

Eathen looked at Oblirin. ''No need to understand. It is the way it is.'' he said simply before looking at his old man whom had his lips covered in blood.

''Do not worry the fungus will remain in his lungs and die with him when he dies. It is not contagious either but I will remove it if Zea wishes me to do so.''

Cobalt

Once Zea had compacted the pile as best she could, she tied knots between the corners on the left and right side to create a carrying bag. Maybe Eathen could get the rest, since it seemed like Oblirin had taken charge of old man blood merchant.

"I actually had worried about contagion so thank you for clarifying. Since it's not likely to spread I think we should leave him a little weakened until we can get him to any half-decent Khan."

Hopefully then Eathen and Zea could guilt dear old dad into seeing himself out of the world. Few people would want to be associated with his recent activities then, lest their own children find themselves in Eathen's position. Zea wanted this affair stained as badly as possible, and she wanted to be seen on the right side doing it.

She looped her arms through the straps she'd knotted into her cloth and adjusted it to make sure nothing would fall out the bottom.

"I guess we'll see soon enough. I'm good to go. Everybody else?"

SilmeriaElemred

Oblirin nodded. The old man was silent. But really pale and shivering. ''Don't be a sissy. The fungus is in your lungs, not your bones. Walk like a man.'' Oblirin said as he pulled the man up and looked around once more. Two years. He stayed here for two damn years. Surely not long compared to his life spam but it were certainly the longest years in his life.

I think it is not needed to put the  cover back up?'' Oblirin said once they were outside, refering to the wooden floordoor and stones that had covered it before.

''Actually would be better if we would. If any of the others come here they will not be tipped off just yet.'' Eathen suggested.

''Good point.The research is done so they would think your father had simply packed everything up according to plan.'' Oblirin replied.
''I imagined dragons were smarter...'' Eathen started in a bit of a jestery tone.

''Superstition lad. Some dragons can barely say babaa or seperate a rock from a rabbit'' Oblirin said as he waited for Zea to exit too.

Cobalt

Zea watched Oblirin, and Papa Dickhead, to see what Oblirin thought of a particularly masculine walk. She didn't consider Oblirin to have an overly macho gait, but maybe he'd invested a lot of effort into studying paragons of biped masculinity and ensuring that he could only ever be mistaken for the beefiest and most rugged.

She headed out with the boys, making little adjustments to her pack as she climbed the steps. She helped cover the trapdoor with a layer of camouflage comparable to its prior one.

"All right then. Let's unload this pigdog and then we'll see about everybody else he knows and cares about." She added, "Present company excepted, naturally. ....Probably."

SilmeriaElemred

Oblirin gave the handle of the whip that held the old man to Eathen so he could close the hole back up.

''Lady priestess. I am sure if we put him in front of the Khan they would want the research as well for evidence.'' He ignored his fathers pleads to release him so they could run away together. Clearly his old man got more frightened by the minute. Although the thought crossed him it was amusing going to see his old man fail miserably at outrunning a dragon.

Cobalt

So much for not trusting Eathen. Then again... if he released Pa Crazy, where would they even go? How far would they get?

"We'll see," Zea said. "If they're willing to make a decision based on victim testimony and that of a priestess in good standing who knows a thing or two about legitimate medical research, I'm just going to let them do that. The fewer people familiar with this dead end, the better."

If it were any kind of sustainable improvement to Zea's species, of course she'd distribute it. But this? This was just a few merchant laymen with delusions of expertise. Just so much profitable rubbish.

SilmeriaElemred

''There we go..'' Oblirin said after finishing covering up the hole put the stones back on and took back the 'reigns' from Eathen.

''Oh... question to you.'' he said. ''What were those things you guys put so closely or even against my spine. I noticed Silver is not really my best friend but those inscriptions were a bit odd to me.''

''Release me and we will talk.'' the man hissed. Oblirin shrugged. ''Then I won't know.'' Oblirin said simply on a tone as if he did not care. ''I suggest to start walking oldie. I would not want to grow fire moss in your feet.''

This at the least got the man up again and made him walk.

Cobalt

"Actually," Zea said. "Technically."

This was always a combination of words she liked to follow with a breath or two of silence, because as far as encouraging conversational segues... this ranked quite far down the list.

"Funny thing about spirits. Once people die, a lot of them get so desperate for a little connection with the living, a little touch of being an individual who matters, that they will do just about anything for a little bit of focus and attention from the living. Now naturally we don't let this happen to ancestors or neighbors or other members of the community who deserve our love and care. That would be callous."

Would Pa Crazy have anyone willing to care for him?

"But I'm just saying it's a theoretical possibility that there's more than one kind of release that'd persuade you. Since you brought it up."

SilmeriaElemred

Eathen chuckled a little at Zea's words. Oblirin at the other hand did not completely get it on which Eathen explained what Zea meant; Oblirin had a lot to learn considering Zea's manner of speaking.

''I would not mind driving my sword really, really slowly and for the first few hours not fataly through your body. It most likely will make you talk when I promise to then kill you swiftly and I am a dragon of my word. But somehow you would get off way to easy. I do suppose I need to compliment you guys for one thing and that was keeping the wounds from festering for such a long time.''

Cobalt

Oblirin sure did talk a big vengeance game. Maybe he'd be okay. If he'd been a nice person before, for his own sake Zea rather hoped she was right and he wasn't one now. Good. If she'd wanted to responsible for anybody's wellbeing she'd have had a half dozen kids by now.

"Most people will say whatever they think you want to hear during torture," Zea retorted. "You can get anybody to confess to anything if you hurt them enough, especially if you hurt them the right way so that you break them. Then they're yours for pretty much anything."

A beat.

"Not that I'm recommending it, mind you. Just saying. If you wanna torment someone, it should be for the joy of it. It's probably not going to get you much of anything else. Anyway." Zea pointed in the general direction they were walking. "Onward?"

Tags: