Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Target Running (massimo scaffaldi)

Started by JackieCat, June 15, 2015, 06:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackieCat

OOC: Tags to @massimo scaffaldi

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ew ew ew ew ew!" Sieera stepped gingerly through the mud, tiptoeing but her shoes were still getting muddy.  "I was just taking a walk!  Just taking a walk!"

She had been, she had been taking a walk through the streets of Arca and had stepped into a muddy alleyway.  Her family was rich, but not very influential, and Sieera had just been taking a stroll through the richer part of the city.

"I just have to get out of this alley, and then I'll be fine," the young woman told herself.  She carefully made her way out onto the main street, and when she got there, she wasn't as muddy as she had expected to be.

"Well, now that that's sorted out, I'll get back home."  She looked up from her shoes and then realized she didn't really knwo where she was. "Oh no!  Oh no, oh no, oh no!" she cried. "I knwo I should have brought some guards along with me!" She too ka deep breath. "Well, I can't be too far away from home, I haven't been walking for to long."

She knew if she went back though the alley she would be on a street she knew, but there was no way she was going through that mud again.

"I'll just have to go around."

But she had a terrible sense of direction, and after ten minutes of walking in one direction, she realized she was still as lost as before.  And it was getting dark.

"I'm almost there," she told herself. "Almost there."

She started walking again.  She was going to ask for directions, but there wasn't a person in sight.  And why did the houses look so tumbledown. . ?  She looked around some more, and realized with a jump of fear that she was in one of the few very poor, very shady parts of the city.

She wring her hands in worry and fear, what was she supposed to do know?  She couldn't ask for directions, who knew what kind of people lived here?  Murderers, probably, and thieves and other criminals!

She felt tears spring to her eyes, she had to get out of here!  She started running, and running is not a thing you want to do amongst thieves.  Some take running as a weakness, an easy target. . .
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

massimo scaffaldi

Claiomh walked briskly through the rat infested hole he found himself in chasing the thief of his prized weapon's blade.  Such scenes made him itch all over and begged to be erased from existence.  But now was not the time for burning cities, it was a time for focus and vengeance.  The blade could be anywhere by now.  Proping up a less than fitting easel for some two bit artist crafting a less than admirable painting.  It could be a less than perfect fireplace ornament.  Or gods forbid some fool put it on some inglorious hilt to be used for butchering wild game for feeding some filthy family.  The thought of such things made him shudder with rage and disgust.

Looking farther on, he saw a lone girl with captivating features.  Quite a stunning creature adorning this ghastly neighborhood.  As he grew closer, he was even more horrified at her beauty.  Cleaned up of course, her beauty might even rival his own.  While a welcome change of scenery, this would simply not do.  He had toiled many long hours honing his perfect form, surely this mere pretender could not acquire naturally what he had strived so hard for.  She must have a secret to her appearance.  A glamour or perhaps some strange concoction in her arsenal.  Whatever it might be, it would surely be his soon.

"You my dear are quite the improvement in my dreadful afternoon, might I inquire your name?"

JackieCat

Seeira shrieked in fear as she heard the voice.  She spun around to see the man walking towards her.  Well, he didn't look like he belonged here!  In fact, he looked quite rich, and his looks were indeed different from most people Seeira had seen in her life.  All the same Seeira was still pretty afraid of him.  She took a few steps back from the man, her sapphire blue eyes wide.

Despite her fear, she spoke, though it may not have been the wisest thing to do, Seeira was going  to tell him her name.  In a shady part of town such as this, the smarted thing to do would probably be to lie about your name, and pretend to know what you are doing.  Put on a tough facade, act confident.  Seeira didn't know that. "My-my name is Seeira Vielin.  I'm lost, can you help me get out of here, good sir?  And may I ask what your name is?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

massimo scaffaldi

Arrogant little vixen, who dares make a request of their better in such a casual manner?  Certainly manners were not included in her recipe for perfection.  Be that as it may, cutting her down for her insolence would be doing the world a disservice in the name of beauty.  Swallowing his displeasure, he remained steadfast in his effort to discern the origin of her glorious form.  Perhaps if he led her to her residence, he could question her about such things as they traveled.  Were she to be distracted, she may just have a slip of the tongue and reveal what he desired.  Failing that, he could simply ransack her residence for the source of her power.

"I most certainly could my dear, tis a trifle really.  As for my name, you are in the presence of none other than Claiomh Alainn.  And I am all any man could dream of being."

Claiomh bowed flamboyantly, whisking his hand through the air producing a subtle whistle from his fingertips.  Following that, he stepped well into anyone's comfort zone and brushed the back of his fingers across her face.

"If I do this for you, would you be so kind as to share some of your beauty tips with me?  Tis a rare opportunity amongst the grotesque people of this land, I hardly ever find one as gorgeous as you to converse with."

JackieCat

Seeira recoiled as he touched her face, but she tried to to be too impolite.  She giggled uncomfortably. "Well, it's, it's very nice to meet you, Mister Alainn."

She said this despite the fact that it wasn't actually very nice to meet him, he was kind of creeping her out, but she needed to get home.

"I live on Mattly Lane," she said. "Do you know where that is?"

When he asked if she could share some of her beauty tips with him, she laughed again, uncomfortably. At his compliment she smiled polity. "Well, thank you, but, I don't really have any tips for you, I'm sorry, sir.  I don't really do anything to make myself look like I do.  It's natural, I guess.  All I do is wash my face every night, besides regular baths, of course."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

massimo scaffaldi

We will see about that you pretender.  I'll have your secret one way or another.  Claiomh thought to himself for a moment and decided to postpone needless bloodshed and give the matter some time to improve.  Perhaps she would reveal her secret in time.  Against his better judgement, he gestured towards the street beside him.

"Well we could ask at that quaint looking tavern down the road.  Certainly some of those loveable rouges could enlighten us to the location of your residence."  He stepped behind her and placed his hands on her shoulders.  "Don't worry your pretty-little-head, we will have you home even if it takes all---night---long."

JackieCat

Seeira's eyes widened as he stepped behind her.  Man, he was really freaking her out!  But she really didn't know how to get home, so she suppressed a shudder and walked towards the tavern.

"I, I don't really think that the people in there will be willing to help us," Seeira said. "Wouldn't they be more likely to steal from us?"

She laughed nervously, wishing with all her heart that he would take his hands off of her shoulders.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

massimo scaffaldi

Claiomh stepped back for a moment and patted her gently on the head as he laughed off her comment.  Dispite the seething hatred in his eye's, he passed off as giddy quite well.

"Steal?  Why no my sweet, for one as beautiful as you?  Why they will more likely shower you with gifts of adoration as you waltz through the door." 

Foolish little brat, a thief only just steals from someone thay can't fight.  You'll probably get killed or worse.  I might get some measure of enjoyment from seeing it happen to such a selfish glory stealing witch.  He stood towering over he as he placed his hand against her back and subtly shoved her toward the door. 

"Fear not darling.  As long as I'm here none shall touch a hair on your head.  Except me, huhu." 

He chuckled for far too long as they approached the ramshackle dive.  Upon arriving at the door, he bowed slightly and guestured inside.

"Ladies first."

JackieCat

Seeira was getting a very bad feeling about this, despite his manner, this man didn't wish her well.  She was scared of him, and as he learned to the door she was hesitant, but when he stepped back to let her go in first, she accepted the offer.

As soon as she was inside she in knew it had been a mistake.  The large room was dim, only lighted by a few dim lanters and candles, there were windows, but the grime encrusting them let no light into the room.  The barroom was very crowded with all sorts of unpleasant people, many were talking, and arguing, loudly about all manners of things, from murder to their drink, and those were frightening enough, with there sinister eyes and weapon-encrusted belts, but the ones that Seeira was most afraid of were those that sat in the shadows and dark corners.  They sat silently, most with the hoods of their cloaks pulled over their heads, playing with knives in their hands.

"Let's go," Seeira said in a quite, fearful, voice. "I shouldn't be here!"

She turned to leave.

My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

massimo scaffaldi

Claiomh stood an imposing fortress in the doorway preventing her departure.  Placing both hands on his hips, he threw back his hair in all its sparkling splendor and dawned a serious yet not quite aggravated look on his face.

"Young lady, there is little more insulting than window shopping.  These vendors present their wares laid bare and for the world to see in hopes that you would spend your hard earned wages on the finest services they have to offer.  Wanting nothing more than to see you smile with a piece of themselves in your hands.  And it is your duty as a proper young woman to accept what they offer.  Even if you do not actually enjoy what is presented before you, you must accept it with a smile on your face."

The well lit doorman gave Claiomh a disturbed look as he dug into his briefs for a moment.  Claiomh presented a sizeable bag of gold from within and tossed it to Seeira.

"Now see what these men have to offer, choose the best looking thing on the menu and at least pretend to enjoy it.  While you do that, I will see if any of these gentlemen know where you live.  Do not forget to smile dearie."

You will not get off that easy you little harpy, not until I know your secret.  He gave her a wink and a smile as he shooed her towards the bar.

(OOC: I am terribly sorry for this.)

JackieCat

Seeira felt like crying when he blocked her path and spoke.  "No, really, I think we should go," she said, but he wouldn't let her, so she cautiously waled up to the bar and sat down, trying to keep as far away from the other patrons. She stood out like a flower on dirt, her bright clothes contrasting the blacks, grays, and brows of the people around her.

The bartender walked up to her and leered at her with a toothless grin. "What can I get ye, missy?"

"Um, I'll just have some ale please, and, Sir, do you know where Mattly Lane is?"

"I might, and I might not," the old man said, still leering creepily at her. "And who's your friend?" He motioned to Claiomh.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

massimo scaffaldi

Claiomh puffed out his chest and smirked at the foolish question. As if he did not already know.  "I am Claiomh Alainn.  A rose by any other name would smell quite dreadful, would you not say so?"

The bartender paused to gawk at him for a moment, then returned to his uncouth drooling over the beautiful young woman at the bar.  How dare you ignore me you insufferable barbaric wretch!

"Ahem, sir, it is customary to state your name when I state mine.  That is just plain rude."

Claiomh looked over at Seeira with an agitated curl in his mouth.  This tart forced me into conversation with these lowlifes.  I'll make sure she feels the same indignity.

"And remember to smile honey, do not be rude as well.  You must lead by example."

Partially ignoring him, the bartender just changed the topic to avoid any more conversation with the hulking pink weirdo.  Even as spoke, he never broke eye contact with Seeira.

"Whatever ye say Cleopatra.  Ye gonna buy somethin' or what?"

Claiomh's mouth was left agape at this man's complete lack of civility.  Were he not trying to win this little vixen over, he would have painted this hole in the wall with his own blood.

JackieCat

"Please don't call me that," Seeira whispered when Claiomh caled her 'honey' she realy wanted nothing more than to get out of here, and as fast as she could.  She smiled nervously.  The bartender looked back to Claiomh insolently. "I don't need to give ye me name unles I want ta, and I don't want ta."

He looked back to Seeira, "Now, mi' dear, ye gonna buy anythin'?"

Seeira looked at Claiomh and bit her lip. "Um, yes, I'll just have some, water, please."

Everything here was creeping her out, this whole bar, the barkeep with his scary beady eyes, but mostly Claiomh.  Despite his looks, the man was, in Seeira's opinion, a monster on the inside.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

massimo scaffaldi

The doorman stumbled over to the bar next to Seeira with a toothless grin.  He smelled of the dankest moldy cellar with a splash of grain alcohol.

"Dunchu wurry bout yer maw sweetnesh, frownsh er flowersh we'll take yuh ethurh *hick way.  Uh-her a-her."

He gargled up a chuckle as he reached for her shoulder only to be stopped short by Claiomh's gargantuan hand gasping his wrist.  While mostly unintentional, a series of small cracks could be heard from the inebriated man's forearm as he wailed in pain.

"Did you just refer to ME as her mother?"

The man simply moaned loudly as Claiomh's grip tightened.  The entire bar sprang to their feet in reaction to his sudden burst of violence ready for a fight.

"I am truly sorry, but you have crossed my threshold of tolerance.  Your uncouth conduct is simply intolerable.  Begone from my sight."

With little effort, Claiomh slung the drunk across the room and through every table on his way through the back wall with an earth shattering crash.  Most of the patrons began to scramble away.  The rest looked on in fear, stunned from watching the bouncer being tossed like an empty bottle.  He looked back at the terrified bartender and regained his pleasant demeanor.

"How much will these repairs cost?  I will pay for them now if that is alright."

He shook his head violently at his question.  "Nu-No! Um, No charge.  That's quite alright, uh sir."

Claiomh smiled viciously.  "Splendid, now might I please purchase some of your finest wine for the road?"

The bartender scrambled for the top shelf and grasped as many bottles as he could at once.  "Of course, yes, uh here!  On the house!  Y'all have a nice night now."

Claiomh took the bottles off the bar and placed one in Seeira's lap.  "See my dear?  Nobody stole from you, you are showered with gifts of adoration and not a single hair out of place.  Being beautiful should be a crime, of course they would never lock up such glorious creatures even if it was."  He giggled softly as he massaged her shoulder with his free hand.

JackieCat

Seeira leaned away from the bouncer as he stepped close, and then shrieked as Claiomh grabbed the man and threw him across the room.

"Oh!  Please stop!" she cried, and she looked on in horror as Claiomh asked for wine and the bartender gave it to him.

"No!  No, I don't want any!" Seeira said when Claiomh gave her a bottle.  She set it onto the bar and stood up, looking defiantly, and fearfully, at Claiomh. "You're terrible!" she said to the man. "You just destroyed this man's business, how could you?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

massimo scaffaldi

Claiomh looked confused at her statement, surely his handling of that situation was nothing less than impressive.  Odd, perhaps this irritating little flower had too much to drink before we even met.  No matter, I will use this instance as a threat if I am forced to get physical.  She will tell me sooner or later where her near perfect features originate.

"Destroyed his business?"  He looked around at the several other equally sized holes in the wall.  "I was certain those holes were there for atmosphere, if anything I made this place look and smell far better than when I arrived.  And if I am so terrible, why have I followed through on every promise I have made thus far?  Certainly a terrible person would have simply left you to wander the streets unaided.  Also my dear, you should never raise your voice.  It is very undignified."

The bartender swallowed hard as he reached out to grab the bottle Seeira placed on the bar.  Claiomh turned suddenly back to the bartender who ducked down desperately trying to stay out of sight.

"Now sir, if you would be so kind as to answer my friend's inquiry into the location of her residence, we shall depart.  It is long past her bed time and she needs her beauty rest.  You look like you could use some as well."

JackieCat

"Look how many tables you've wrecked!" Seeira cried.  "And that hole must be fixed, else the weather will get in during the cold seasons!  And you also may have killed the bouncer!  I agree he was a frightful man, but nearly no one deserves death!"

The bartender, shaking with fear, nodded at Claiomh's question.  "Mattly Lane is pretty far from here, but if you go straight West down this street, then take a right on a street called Broadstreet, which is pretty far down, then from Broadstreet you'll turn left onto Mattly Lane, a few blocks down."

The man flinched as he finished, hoping this information was enough for Claiomh,the poor man just wanted the large man out of his bar.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

massimo scaffaldi

The situation was making Claiomh mildly irritated.  The tables were falling apart as it was and the bar was in shambles likely long before his arrival.  These complaints were irrelevant and her incessant screaming was beginning to bore holes in his brain. This little brat's lack of proper presentation is driving me mad, I will have to teach her how to be a civilized adult seeing as her parents lack the fortitude.  At least I will have more time to find out exactly what she does to come off so pleasant, though it certainly is not her etiquette.  Claiomh frowned and loomed over Seeira with an aura of pure indignation.

"Sweetie, I have already told you once to not yell.  I am right here and listening, there is no need for it.  If you continue this rude behavior, I will be forced to correct it."

He returned to a passive stance and crossed his arms still mildly agitated.

"I asked this man how much he needed to repair the damage, to which he replied nothing if you do not recall.  Were he to need assistance, would he not have accepted it when offered?"

He glanced at the bartender who shook his head violently in confirmation.

"And do not worry about the drunken fool.  I did not kill him because it was not necessary.  Check for yourself if you do not believe me, though I can not fathom why you would not simply take my word for it.  Have I been anything other than completely honest and helpful thus far?"

JackieCat

"I can shout if I want to shout!" Seeira said, and loudly, too. "And has it ever occurred to you that the bartender didn't ask for help because, first, you are the one who wrecked his place, and two, he's completely terrified?"

Seeira took her purse from her belt and handed it to the bartender, pressing it into his hand. "Keep it," she said. "And don't go creeping out young girls anymore."

She looked back to Claiomh. "And you've been honest, but that still doesn't mean I have to like you!"

She started for the door. "Now let's go."

Seeira wasn't usually outspoken and defiant, but this whole situation was getting to her.  She was scared and angry, and just wanted to get back home.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

massimo scaffaldi

Claiomh sighed heavily as he shook his head.  How utterly disappointing.  Nobility simply is not what it once was.  If this woman is left to lead anything, chaos will surely ensue.  As Seeira opened the door, Claiomh placed his hand on her shoulder and lightly pushed her outside.  Once there, he spun her around knelt down, bringing his face mere inches from hers.

"I of all people wish that the world was perfect, but the fact remains it is a predominantly unsightly place.  When met with adversity and desire, you must not simply run away.  Playing the sheep will lure wolves to hunt you down, and if you can not defend yourself it will be your undoing.  People like me will not always be there to come to your aid." 

His face showed no sign of anger, mostly just a grim disappointment and worry.

"As for adoration of me, I would not expect you to immediately.  We just met and one should always be wary of strangers, that is a given my dear.  However, you should accept that if I meant you any harm, I would have certainly done so already well out of view of anyone when we first met." 

He handed her his coin purse in place of the one she needlessly spent on the inconsequential damage caused by his outburst.  His expression then changed to a smirk, oozing with swagger and pride.

"You will continue to make this world a much more beautiful place, I will see to that.  Your responsibility will be to learn how and apply what you learn to your everyday life.  If I must instruct you, then I shall."

Claiomh stood tall once more and adjusted his dislodged silk drapes.  He stepped into the street and beckoned her to follow as he went.

"But first, let us return you to your home."