Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Pick a Card [visualspice]

Started by Anguish, June 20, 2015, 07:33:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anguish

He couldn't tell if this woman was flirting with him to distract him from the card game or if it was something more. It was a common trick that women often used when gambling, and Sylas was well familiar with it. For now, he would let her think she had him distracted. There was no harm in playing along, right?

Sylas chuckled and shrugged his shoulders. "Perhaps. A lot of good comes from being good with your hands."

He dealt each of them two cards and looked at his briefly before letting them fall completely face down once more. "You know, you can learn a lot about a person from how they play a game of cards."

visualspice

"I see." She hadn't bothered to look at her cards as she looked at him expectantly, presuming he'd make the first move anyway as she shifted in just a way that nearly had her spilling out of her dress.
"Do you play cards often?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Anguish

It took him a minute to collect himself after admiring the woman when she shifted around, but soon enough Sylas was thinking just as clearly as ever. "Often? I suppose you could say that."

He had given the woman and himself both pretty bad hands so that it would really come down to "luck", or at least it would have if Sylas played fair. His hand was a two and a six, and he had given her a seven and a nine.

He burned a card then flipped three over. There was now a six, seven and a jack face up on the table. "And what's a pretty girl like you doing getting involved with such things?"

visualspice

"Involved? Have you not met a woman who plays cards with tea? If not.. " she smirked and placed a hand beneath her chin. "Now you have."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Anguish

"Most women don't play for themselves, if they play at all." Sylas said with a smirk. "It's sad to say not everyone plays fair."

He burned again and flipped over a three, then leaned back in his seat. "Women are often used as distractions during card games. I think it's pitiful. A smart woman can play just as well as any man."

visualspice

Still not making any moves, she gave him a coy smile and leaned forward as she proposed, "Oh? And what about a dumb woman? Would she fair as well as a dumb man?"

Anguish

"If you're not smart you don't fare well in cards." Sylas said with a chuckle. "That's all there is to it."

He burned again and flipped the final card over. It was another six, giving him three of a kind. "Would you like to look at your cards before we settle our bet, miss?"

visualspice

She only continued to give him that cool smile she had dawned since she sat down. But her eyes did sparkle more at his question.
"I'm going to try my luck. What's the worst I can lose?"

Anguish

"Fair enough." Sylas said as he flipped his hand face up. "I have 3 sixes."

visualspice

Her smile twitched as she looked at him. She didn't even look at his cards, nor her own as she turned them over.
Jack, Three, Eight.

Anguish

"Well that was fun, wasn't it?" Sylas asked calmly as he motioned over to the innkeeper. He ordered a drink and then looked at the woman expectantly, waiting to see what she had to say.

visualspice

"Oh? Did I win?" Though her feigned ignorance was obviously feigned as she looked at him, also expectantly, but there was a playful glint to her eyes. She then turned to the inn keeper. "Ill have whatever hes' drinking."