Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Flight Fit for Two (Draconian)

Started by Thia, June 21, 2015, 03:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thia

@Draconian

Brightly flitted about the riverside, leaving a golden brown trail of glowing fairy dust behind her, peering in the water at all the fish. She was almost disappointed that she wasn't a water fairy but it was enough for her to look at them and their pretty scales. She had meant to visit towns in this area but it seemed that they had a dislike for her, sending people after her with cages built to trap her. She didn't know what she could've done wrong, she had only said hello! Sure she was naked but that was hardly ever an issue!

Her trail of thought was interrupted when she spotted a big turtle and she flew up to it immediately. "Why hello-" she frowned as he popped in his shell and she peered into the hole where his head was. "Come now, don't be shy! I won't hurt you!" She cooed, smiling brightly and coaxing him out.

Draconian

It felt odd to be content. He'd eaten, he'd slept.

Now he watched. Avery frowned at the slow rock that moved, it was interesting... But terribly slow. How did it survive? As still as he'd been sitting this whole time, it only just now popped it's head out and began walking along.

Only for a sparkly bug to make the Slow Rock hide again. Avery tilted his head slightly, watching the sparkly bug speak to the slow rock. She wasn't going to hurt it? Well that was good. "Does the Slow Rock understand what you're saying?" He finally spoke from his seated place not far away. With how still he'd been, it would be easy to miss if you weren't looking for him.

Thia

Brightly yelped and joined the turtle in diving into his shell, peeking out at who had spoken. It was a quite large purple man. Well. It couldn't of been a man because he had wings. And horns. "Oh goodness..." she said quietly, a bit scared. "Stay here turtle." She said to the turtle, patting its head with a smile as she flew out slowly towards the purple man. Her speech towards him would be understandable but very high pitched.

"Of course. But it's my duty to protect animals so if you're here to hurt him I'll be here to stop you!" She proclaimed, puffing herself up as much as she could. More quietly she said, "Also he's a turtle."

Draconian

Curious.

The little Sparkly Bug thought she could protect the animals.

He had no interest in harming the Slow Rock and he was interested as to why she thought he would. Perhaps he was intimidating looking to everyone. There was no surprise there and he simply watched her. "I have no plans on hurting the Slow Rock." Another look at the... Turtle? Silly name.

"How do you protect things when you're so small?"

Thia

Brightly sighed in relief as he said he wouldn't hurt the turtle. Or Slow Rock as he called it. Actually now that she thought about it, that was kinda cute. She smiled at him happily, giggling a bit. She stopped as she heard him ask how she could protect things. With an adorable pout she said, "Well..umm cause I'm a fairy! An animal fairy! I'm supposed to!"

She fluttered back to the turtle and said softly, "Its ok sweetheart, he won't hurt you and neither will I." As she backed up for the turtle to come out, she smiled at him and asked, "What's your name?" With a slow gurgle that sounded to only her like "Dohefk", the turtle went to continue its business.

Draconian

That...

"By that logic..." Avery frowned, was he supposed to ... Not be kind to Slow Rocks and Sticky Stars simply because of what he was? Carefully he watched the little fairy go about her business and speak to the Slow Rock. Turtle. "Did you think I was going to hurt the Slow Rock because of how I look?"

Thia

Brightly nodded at the purple man, flying up to his face now that her job was done. She placed her tiny hands on his scarred eye, feeling the spot gently. It wasn't a job for her. She couldn't fix it, she could sense it. As she moved around his head and body she fluttered up to his missing horn, stroking the spot. Now this, maybe she could fix this. Horns were technically animal parts after all.

She moved back to his face, hovering just in front of his nose with fairy dust floating down around his face. "I could try to fix your horn sir. I'm not normally the best at healing but if it's an animal or animal-like part I can do the best I can!"

Draconian

Avery's hand went to his horn, touching the broken piece before he tilted her head, "but it's not an animal part." He pursed his lips but offered her a gentle smile, "it's an Avery part." His hand dropped down but he held it out flat in front of himself in case she wished to rest. "What are you called, Sparkly Bug?"

Thia

Brightly tittered at the man's reply, settling down on his hand and looking up at him. Avery? It must have been his name. Or his species? She'd never heard of an Avery. But then again she hadn't explored everywhere just yet. She let out a short laugh at his habit of calling things well exactly what they were. Sparkly Bug. Slow Rock. It was almost adorable. "My name is Brightly! You are...Avery?"

Draconian

A nod confirmed that he was indeed Avery. "Yes. I am Avery." Now with the Sparkly Bug - Brightly - in his hand he simply watched her. "Why are you so small?"

Thia

Brightly blinked at his question and shrugged her tiny shoulders. "I don't know. I was just born this way! Why are you black/purple?" She asked the last question absentmindedly as she tried to concentrate on her magic. Since she didn't know the exact extent of her fairy magic, she always tried new spells whenever she could. Panting, she tried to pour all her fairy dust and magic into growing bigger and for a moment it looked like she was succeeding.

And then in an explosion of fairy dust, she was thrown against his chest as her spell failed and exploded on her.