Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Playing the Pipe (OPEN)

Started by Greenery, June 29, 2015, 08:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenery

Finnick sat himself against a tree as he played the pipes. A couple of the birds had decided to land on low hanging branch and sing along with the tune as well as a young doe, resting her head on his lap. A smile crept across the satyr's face as he continued to play. He was enjoying this immensely and wished it to never end. The day was beautiful with only a few clouds in the sky. A light breeze rustled through the treetops, causing his ear to twitch slightly. Nothing was better than being here, away from humans and developed in the nature herself.

JackieCat

Kirl walked through the forest slowly, the young woman pulling back the hood of her cloak, closing her eyes, and tilting her head up towards the leaves on the trees, letting the dappled sunlight shine onto her face.  Her hyena companion, Oax, sat down next to her and leaned against Kirl's leg, grunting softly in happiness. 

The young woman opened her green eyes as she heard the faint sound of pipes playing a distance off.  She walked towards the sound silently, her years in the forests teaching her how to move without a sound.  Oax followed right behind her, also silent, her ears priced forwards, listening to the sound of the music.

The music got louder and Kirl knew she was going in the right direction.  After a few minutes of walking she came to a clearing in the trees, and sitting in the clearing, and doe resting her head on his lap, was a Satyr playing the pipes.

Kirl and Oax stood there, watching him and listening to the music, not interrupting and waiting to let him notice them.
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Greenery

After a while, a couple more animals ventured into the small clearing, even a fox, A smile came across his face as the animals listened or either sang along. Finnick wanted to get up and dance as well, but decided to sit and let the doe rest on his leg. Everything was going good until the doe looked up and perked it's ears toward the girl and hyena before jetting off. All the other animals looked in their direction and either ran or flew away, leaving Finnick with a confused look on his face. Turning his head, he saw the reason and quickly got up on his hooves, backing away slowly, reading to run.

JackieCat

Kirl held up her hands, palm out, to show him she meant no harm.  Oax sat by her side, unmoving, looking attentively at the satyr to see what he would do next.

"Wait, wait," Kirl said, seeing that teh satyr looked like he was ready to run. "I'm sorry I startled you and the other animals, I just was walking thorugh the woods and heard your music, so I came to investigate.  I'm sorry I disturbed you, though your music was beautiful."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Greenery

Finnick sniffed toward her, looking at her still backing away from her. The satyr took his pipe from his lips and finally spoke up. "Thank you..." His voice was soft, not threatening in anyway. His ear twitched again, looking down at his feet, then at the hyena, Please, I tell your master I don't have anything He stated telepathically before scratching his right shoulder with his left hand.

JackieCat

Oax cocked her head to the side.  Then she sniffed the air in the satyr's direction.

"'Tell your master I don't have anything?'" Kirl said, as Oax had sent the message to the young woman. "What do you mean?  You don't have anything?  I don't understand."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Greenery

When he realized that the hyena had sent the message to the woman, he became more restless. "I-I don't have any money.." Finnick said aloud, backing up again.

JackieCat

Kirl bit her lip. "Ummm. . . Okay?  Why are you telling me this? Oh!"  It came to her that he could think she was a thief, and she wanted his money. "If you're thinking I'm a thief, you're wrong," she said quickly. "I'm an adventurer, and a ranger.  I don't want to steal from you!"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Greenery

Finnick nodded slowly, looking at the woman. "You won't hurt me?" The satyr didn't trust humans. He felt like all they did was hunt, invade, and destroy nature so his cautiousness toward the woman was only in defense.

JackieCat

"What?  Hurt you, of course not!" Kirl said, holding out her arms at her sides."I'm not going to hurt you.  I despise violence."

Oax stepped forwards towards the satyr, her ears forward and nose sniffing.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Greenery

He didn't know what to do. On one hand, she was human and humans usually brought trouble. However on the other hand, she didn't seem that frightening. 

Finnick looked at the hyena and back at the woman. "I'm sorry. I just become nervous around humans..."

JackieCat

Kirl sighed. "I completely understand, some humans are ignorant and shun those who are different from them for no good reason."

Oax slowly walked closer to the satyr until she was right in front of him.  She stepped next to him and sat down, leaning heavily against his leg and looking up at him, her big brown eyes wide.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Greenery

Finnick nodded in agreement and watched as the hyena walked toward him and rest her body on his leg. What's your name? He asked, rubbing the top of her head hesitantly.

"That's why I stay out here...or at least try to. I just feel better away from villages and cities." He stated kneeling down some to get more on the hyena's level.

JackieCat

Oax rubbed her face against his shoulder and sent to him that her name was Oax.  Kirl laughed. "It looks like she likes you, and Oax usually has a great sense of character, so if she trusts, you so do I."

The young woman walked forward, but still kept her distance from the satyr. "My name is Kirl Moonharber."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Greenery

He laughed a bit and continued to pet her head, sniffing at her. Finnick glanced up at the woman and smiled lightly. "I'm Finnick Grounderling. I'm a satyr not a faun...sorry some humans don't know the difference. He looked back down at Oax.

JackieCat

"It's pleasure to meet you, Finnick," Kirl said.  "And I could tell you were a satyr," Kirl said, not trying to sound cocky. "I've met some before.  Do you live in this forest?"

Oax barked playfully and rubbed her head under Finnick's hand, prompting him to pet her more.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Greenery

Finnick looked up at Kirl. "For now, yes. I don't usually stay in one place for too long." He pointed out before using his other hand to rub the side of Oax, smirking. "She really does like me." He whispered, smiling a little bit more. "What about you?"

JackieCat

"What about me?" Kirl asked. "If you're asking where I stay, it's all over the place, I travel, I adventure with Oax.  I go after criminals and try to talk to them, I try to get them to become better people.  f that doesn't work, I try to bring them to a jail or prison, and if that doesn't work. . ." Kirl trailed off.  If that didn't work., she would be forced to kill them.

"Anyway, what do you do for a living?  Or do you just live in the woods here?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Greenery

He had finally sat down on the ground, allowing Oax to lay over his legs. He ran his hands through her short hair. "That's noble of you. I mostly just roam around...not really having any type of job other than taking care of the animals."

JackieCat

Kirl smiled when he complimented her. "Thank you-!"

She was cut off as Oax leaped to her feet, her hackles raised and her ears pricked forward.  She stared at a thick clump of bushes not moving.  Kirl's bow was in her hand and strung before one could even blink.

"In those bushes, bandits," Kirl whispered, as Oax had told her mentally.  Sure enough, a second later an arrow whizzed out from the bushes.  Kirl rolled aside and the arrow lodged itself in a tree behind her. "Quickly!  Here!"

Kirl rolled behind a huge fallen tee, Oax following her behind the cover. "Come on, Finnick!" Kirl cried to the satyr.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor