Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Alone and Unworthy(visualspice)

Started by JackieCat, July 14, 2015, 04:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackieCat

The rising sun cast a golden glow over the valley below, causing everything to look as though it had been touched by the heavens.  It was indeed beautiful, but Ariznim felt none of the warmth or happiness that the rising sun brought with it.

The mosquito looked down into the valley at the village below.  She was standing just within a forest, hidden in the shadows, the sun's rays reaching for, but not touching, her.  Th town wasn't far away, and Ariznim could see it waking up.  It was a market day, and the people were rising with the sun.  They were bustling about, setting up their market stalls, ready to sell their wares.  When the stalls were set up, more people started to filter into the streets.  Children ran and played in the streets together, dogs barked and the villagers bought and sold their wares.

Ariznim bit back tears. 'I do not deserve that sort of life,' she thought, though she longed for it. 'I am nothing compared to them, I am a parasite to them, a pest.'

She jumped when a sharp voice sounded behind her. "There it is!"

She turned around to see three men running towards her.  They were bounty hunters, after her from the last time she had been spotted. She felt more tears fall and her wings buzzed into life.  She jumped into the air and started to fly away from them, but she heard them running after her through the woods.  She knew she could fly much faster than they could run, but she heard the twang of a bow, and she cried out in pain as an arrow pierced her wing.  She continued to flap her wings, but she couldn't fly any longer.  She tumbled to the ground and got to her feet as soon as she could.  She started to run.  Her wing was bleeding profusely, but she continued on.  She could hear the men crashing through the underbrush after her.  They were no doubt stronger and faster than her, but they were also much bigger.  She slipped under branches and between bushes whilst they crashed behind her, the underbrush greatly slowing them down.

After many minutes the sound of their heavy footsteps faded behind her.  The sun was higher now, but within the forest it was still dim, only a soft dappled light filtering through the leaves.  She continued to run.  She caught her foot on a rock and went sprawling to the ground.  She cried out in pain as her injured wing hit the ground.  The arrow had fallen out of the wound, and it was still bleeding.  Ariznim lay on her back, her wing sticking awkwardly off to the side, breathing heavily for a few moments before she drifted into unconsciousness from exhaustion and pain.
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

visualspice

She might of heard it before she slipped into the unconscious, but a grumpy grumble from up above could be heard. There, above the injured mosquito girl, laid a nestled white cocoon set high within the trees. The being taking residence in such a thing had taken pain staking processes to ensure the cocoon was sealed well from rain and noise, and was in the most secure location he could think of-
But it seemed just as he was dozing off to sleep for the day...
A noise woke him up. The frantic pain filled yelps jolted him from whatever lulled him into sleepiness and now made hims restless and grumpy. Angered he was so close to drifting off into a peaceful slumber, he wriggled around and found a small opening in his cocoon so as to inspect the area for what the heck was going on, and when he saw someone laying beneath him, he felt himself bristle as his growl deepened.

"Hey.. hey you, can't you find somewhere else to sleep?" he shouted down at her after vacating his sleeping cocoon. But when she didn't move, he growled again and moved to get closer to her.
"Hey!" But as he drew near and noticed she had wings, he froze in place. Were those... insect wings? From a distance, she seemed like some normal human girl, maybe about his age, or size, at least, but now he could see she was anything but-

But when his eyes caught sight of the blood and arrow that caused it, he was soon holding his breath when he heard men moving through the forests.

"That thing I think went this way! Come on!"

"Oh, I see it! There's a trail of blood!"

Miersck panicked and turned to kneel down beside the young woman.
"Oh rotting acorns, this can't be happening! Hey... HEY!" he said, giving her shoulders a rough shake. "I think those hunters or whatever that might be after you are coming this way.... Hey.." He continued to shake her. "WAKE UP!!!!"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

JackieCat

Ariznim groaned in pain as the boy shook her shoulders.  Her eyes fluttered open, and she looked up at him. "Wha-?" then she heard another shout as the men drew nearer, and she pushed herself into a sitting position.

"We-we have to get out of here!  They'll kill me, and maybe you too!"  Using a nearby tree for support, Ariznim dragged herself to her feet.  She stood there for a moment, her head reeling from the blood loss and pain, until she took a step away from the sound of the men.  She took a deep breath, she could hardly stand!  Then she ripped the hem off of her skirt and pulled her wing around to try to bind it.  Her blood was falling freely, and as she tried to bind her wing she started to walk away from the men, she may as well try to get away.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

visualspice

Seeing how she was juggling her injuries and the frantic desire to get away, Miersck swore over acorns again and grabbed her hand.
"Don't worry about your injuries! We need to run and to run now! Come on!" And he gave her hand a pull, practically dragging her behind him. He just hoped she had the strength to run, he hardly thought himself strong enough to carry her!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

JackieCat

Ariznim did her best.  She gasped as he pulled her forward, but she quickly regained her footing by flapping her remaining uninjured wing.  She ran after him, stumbling every once in a while but never falling.  She could hear the men behind them, but they weren't moving very quickly, but neither was Ariznim and the teenage boy.

The mosquito looked closer at the boy, she had noticed he had wings earlier, how could she not?  But they were not like hers.  They were larger and they looked. . . Softer, powdery, like a moths wings.  That's what Ariznim assumed he was, a moth-type being.  She was jolted out of her thoughts as she tripped over a root and almost fell.  She managed to grab a tree branch and pull her self upright.  She continued to run.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

Seeing her nearly fall made Miersck stop in a panic. He could have caught her, shoulder have caught her, but upon seeing her run again, he released a frustrated growl and urged, "Come on!"
But come on to where? Running was supposed to be the easy part, but how were they to loose these men?

JackieCat

Ariznim looked behind her, and could see the men not far behind.  if they didn't get to a safe place soon, they would be caught for sure.  Ariznim skidded to a halt as they emerged out of the forest, right on the edge of a cliff.

Ariznim looked frantically around for a way away, but the cliff stretched for miles in either direction, and then she saw the way down. "There!"

She was pointing to a group of vines growing up the side of the cliff. "I can climb down, and you can fly!" she said. "The men will be too heavy for the vines, they would fall if they tried to climb down!"

Ariznim rushed to the edge of the cliff and started down.  At the bottom the forest started again, and she would be hidden from sight if the men were to look over the edge of the cliff.  She reached the bottom and stepped from the vines.  It would take the men a long while to find another way down the cliff.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

Miersck grit his teeth. He knew he'd regret this, every second that idea was drilling inside his brain, but he was soon flying after her, shouting, "Wait up!" Because, despite probably not being able to just carry her as he flew, he felt a bit strange she at least didn't ask. Though he just counted it as him being lucky. He didn't like interacting with others if he could help it, anyway.

Once on the forest floor, he was gritting his teeth again, wings twitching irritably.
"Rotten acorns," he growled under his breath. "Looks like there's a path those idiots can take to get down here." At least that road would take longer. Without thinking, he grabbed the girl's hand roughly and gave a pull. "Come on!" And he began to guide her through the thick forest, which was  not navigable without shoving vines, ferns and other plant life aside.

JackieCat

"Wait!  Wait, slow down!" Ariznim said, gasping for breath. "We can keep moving, but I can't run anymore, I can't!"  She looked back at her wing, which was still bleeding. "And if we don't stop my wing from bleeding the men will have a clear trail after us once they reach the bottom of the cliff!"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

Miersck growled. He hated that she was right, but didn't stop as he found himself snarling, "And bind it with what? Stopping a wound from bleeding takes time."
And time wasn't a luxury they could afford! But she was right...
she was bleeding everywhere, and though it wasn't gushing out like a river- a good tracker could easily pick up their trail.

JackieCat

"I know," Ariznim said, flinching back at his snarl. "But if we don't we'll be found, and possibly killed."

She started to rip off the bottom of her dress, she had pants on, and since the fabric was already so old and thin, her dress ripped easily.  She reached behind herself and started to wrap the fabric around the wound, but it wasn't going so well.  She looked briefly up at the moth boy, she was not used to asking anyone for help, usually, people wouldn't even stay with her fir this long before leaving her alone.  But now, she really needed the help, for both of their sakes.

"Can-can you bind it, please?" she asked timidly.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

For a moment, he was frozen. Had she... had she really just torn some of her skirts. He had enough,a nd snatched her wrist suddenly.

"What are you doing!? That won't do! Look... just... hold still!" he commanded, keeping her roughly in place. He reached a hand back, and scraped along the soft fabric of his wings. His hand came back, powdery as he moved it towards her wound. With his other hand, he removed the loose bindings and began to pat the powder over the blood.

"This'll stop the wound entirely from bleeding," he went on, still grumpily growling as he spoke. "But you'll still want to be careful with it- the powder takes some time to work, you know."

JackieCat

"Oh!  Thank you," Ariznim said when the moth-boy put the powder from his wong onto hers.  he was quite grumpy, but he was kind, Ariznim thought, despite his rough demeanor.

"I am Ariznim, what is your name?" the mosquito asked.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

Once finished, Miersck paused to observe her with a frown. He sneered.
"Miersck." And awkwardly, he shifted and told her, "Okay, Ariz.. Ariz..nim?" He frowned as he fumbled over her name. "Just look- you gotta relax, do limited movements until this powder sits. It's not exactly easy to come by, either! Even though I might have made it look like it were as easy as picking acorns." He still frowned but kept her in his gaze, anyway, and in his hold to keep her in place at least!

JackieCat

"Oh, okay," Ariznim said at the boy, Miersck, told her about the powder.  She carefully sat down on a large rock.  "Thank you again," she said, "it is good to meet you Miersck."

After a moment of silence, Ariznim looked back at the boy. "Where are you going now?" she asked him.  She wondered if he had a home, a family, even, and if it was near here.,  Or perhaps he was traveling, or homeless, like her.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

Miersck looked souredly away, grumbling something incoherent beneath his breath. However, at her question, he bared his teeth irritably.

"Going?"

Rotten acorns! As if he knew!

"Just- somewhere. Why? Does it matter?" he went on, defensively.

JackieCat

Ariznim drew back at his harsh tone. "I-I was just wondering," she said. "I'm sorry if I insulted you in any way. . ."

She trailed off, goodness, this boy was strange.  Ariznim had come across many people who hated her and wanted to harm her, but this one seemed to want to help her, though at the same time his tone was fierce, and his face sour.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

Miersck bristled, still feeling defensive, but also feeling a bit guilty to have this girl nearly quivering.
"Look, I won't pry into your life if you stay outta mine, okay? We're just traveling together until we're both safe," he went on grumpily, avoiding her gaze.

JackieCat

"Oh, okay. . ." Ariznim trailed off, and they sat in a rather uncomfortable silence for a few moments until Ariznim looked at her wing.

"Is it set by now?" she asked rather timidly.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

Still stiff, he sighed a moment before turning to her.
"Here, turn so I can have a look." He was trying not to be too rough with her, but his disposition was soured. "Not sure it would, but you're not exactly human so the powder might work quicker on you."
She did appear, at least, a similar specie to his own.

Tags: