Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Knight, the Kraken and the Kiwi

Started by OreoEater, July 18, 2015, 02:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OreoEater

Drool slid down the corner of his mouth. Boi sucked it back in and coughed. He was at the end of his rope. The aftereffects of days without food wracked at his stomach, eating him from the inside. A priest engrossed in his chipped nails stood next to a massive church.

It reminded Boi of cheese. He wandered over to the man and held out his hands.

"You food sir?"

The priest glanced up at boy, then back down. "Here, you work for your food, boy. I don't know where you're from," and here he gave Boi a  paternal glance, "-but here, nothing is free." He paused, and sniffed. The wonderful scent of fresh-baked dough swelled and languished in the noonday sun, bringing tears of joy to the starving boy's eyes. The priest nodded sagely. "That, my boy, is the smell of my lunch. Now if you'll excuse me-" the man departed.

The drool was back with a vengeance. Boi staggered into the gigantic church, following his nose. Upon stumbling inside, he gasped. Stained glass windows filtered light in color-tinted waves, bathing the wooden pews. And atop a lone pew, like some Holy Thing awaiting Boi's arrival, balanced a perfectly sliced kiwi smeared with golden honey. A shame it wasn't his...

Boi inched forward. Just one bite. One tiny, itty-bitty kiwi-sized bite...

Draconian

Sunniva had always found sandwiches an easy food to eat. Put it to your mouth, bite, carry on and be done. There was no directing a forkful of whatever to your mouth with the possibility of it falling off or stabbing yourself in the lip on accident. Unfortunately she wasn't hungry and she didn't want to waste it so she took a bite anyway and choked it down. It was an odd sight, the inside of the church and Sunniva was off to the side, her hood drawn up, covering her empty eye sockets to keep people from staring that those.

Aah...

Someone was gazing at the offering.

Sunniva tilted her head, pausing for a moment before she made her way out. The gazing at the kiwi. Memory kept her from bumping into things and with her free hand she guided herself to the church, towards the area with the person.

"Hello." She said simply, a vision in a white robe. A vision in a white robe holding a sandwich with a bite out of it. "You're staring at that kiwi," she stated, taking a few steps. Unable to see the boy, Sunniva took steps closer and held out the sandwich, "I've eaten some, but God teaches us to give and while the kiwi is indeed there as an offering it is not an offering to you." Her tone was a little snappish but she held out the bread and meat anyway. "I can offer this to you, as a kind gesture."

Which was kind of a selfish gesture because she didn't really want it, anyway. "Are you a beggar?"