Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A black and white Tail (Ethereal-Star) Niahi Woods

Started by SilmeriaElemred, July 27, 2015, 01:09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilmeriaElemred

''At least give it a honest start!'' Sicillica pouted. She was faster in this form them humans were but would certainly not match that of Chestnut. ''Just be careful where you walk!'' she said and started running too. How on earth did she get involved with this fourlegs with a personality that seemed in many ways opposite of her own.

Her own family were very serious people usually as well. So most likely it was just due to that.

A lot later then Chestnut she reached the ruins. ''Rotten mushroom huh... I do suppose it is a name I had not slung at my head before.''

Ethereal-Star

However, Chestnut was nowhere to be found. If Sicillica were to look closely at the northern most crumbling pillar off to the right, she might see a horse-shaped shadow emanating from behind it, no doubt cast by a certain unicorn in hiding.

Chestnut did his best to remain quiet, trying not to chuckle and give himself away. The shadow moved only a tad as he shifted his weight, waiting to jump out whenever she would come on by. Just a little prank on his part, nothing more.

SilmeriaElemred

Sicillica sighed. ''You say you are ancient but you act like a fowl...'' she pouted. Not just that, having fun was not really something she was an expert yet. She did not see the shadow either. After all she did not know what to look for.

She did saw a shadow move but it could be the wind moving something. She closed her eyes instead and focussed. Where the wind blew, plants grew and... ahh there he was.'' she picked up a flower and when close enough threw it towards Chestnut. ''Found you''

Ethereal-Star

Catching the flower in his mouth, Chestnut grinned. "Aw, you cheated!" he whined, but in good humor no less.

Looking at the flower he held Chestnut saw it was a violet, a most beautiful one at that. "May I present to the fair lady a most gorrrrrrgeous flower?" he stated, purposefully drawing out the 'r' in the word 'gorgeous'. "It is a fine sight, just like you yourself." Grinning a most goofy grin at Sicillica whilst holding out the flower for her to take in teeth of gleaming white.

SilmeriaElemred

She felt her cheeks redden. Never before did a unicorn tell her she looked nice. Or they did and let it be  followed by the words 'Pity that she is a black unicorn though'.

''Well thank you kind sir.'' Sicillica said as she accepted the flower with a bow. She did not keep the flower though. Instead she let it regrow it's roots and made sure the flower would live long and beautifully.

She started to walk towards the entrance of the collapsed castle. ''Want to go in further?''

Ethereal-Star

"By all means." Chestnut bowed his head to the ground in a gentlemanly way. "Ladies first."

As he waited for Sicillica to take the lead, he looked around the ruins and admired their craftsmanship, even as dilapidated and time-worn as they were. Surely this must have once been a grand castle in ages past. A time even before Chestnut himself had been born, or at the very least before he came to the mortal realm from his divine home in the heavens.

At the front, there were the remains of a drawbridge, no doubt also fantastic during its days of glory, heralding newcomers and inhabitants alike within its grand halls of wonder. Peering closer, he saw the rusted remnants of a armored statue, now reduced to nothing but a pile of debris and tarnished metal. It was kind of a surreal feeling that swept through him then, gazing about at all the fallen grandeur around him and the other unicorn.

SilmeriaElemred

Sicillica stoped when they reached a point the floor was open. Below where the floor was open parts of the basement and even the dungeons were visable. The black unicorn knelt down and placed her hands on the cold mossy pavement. Thick sturdy vines started to grow and started to form bridges.

''There we go.'' she said with a smile. ''Do not worry. They will hold you just fine.'' she said as she took a few steps on the vinebridge and jumped up and down on it. It did not give way at all.

Ethereal-Star

Chestnut waited for Sicillica to cross first, before he in turn went on in, the vine bridges indeed holding up as they were of pretty strong magical make. It was a bit dark in the ruins so he allowed his horn to act as a light source for them to see by, the white light illuminating everything within ten feet with a bright glow.

"I thank you for the sturdy bridge, good madam." He said, saluting her with his horn in a flourish of dancing white, shadows being cast about as he moved it. Peering ahead, he gazed into the interior of the castle. "Let's see what great wonders await, shall we?" And off he went to go check it out, but not getting too far ahead of Sicillica either.

SilmeriaElemred

''Plantgrow magic at it's finest'' Sicillica said with a chuckle. ''I can basicly grow every plant that has ever lived. Although I shall refrain from growing enormous hostile venus fly traps... they did not really catch flies when they were bigger.'' she looked around with a smile. Despite she had been at these ruins for already a few days she had not actually entered them.

''Do you think there would be a treasure room in a place like this?'' she asked after spotting a few skeletons in decayed clothes.

Ethereal-Star

"I should think so! Grand castle this once was and all..." Chestnut looked around some more, the tapestries on the walls nothing more than rotted rags of mildew and decay now.

"The real question is, is there any treasure left here or did bandits and treasure hunters get to it first?"

A crumbling set of stairs wove its way upward some several yards away from them, many of the steps broken or simply not there anymore. Getting closer, Chestnut eyed these stairs with a frown. Unless Sicillica used her magic again, he didn't think they would be safe enough to climb. Especially not for a handsome steed like him.

SilmeriaElemred

''I got it.'' she assured making more steady vines grow. After leaving though she'd have to make sure these vines would stay. They had wovem themselves in the stone for support after all and removing them now would most likely tear whatever was over of this castle.

''Seeing the amount of bones I'd dare to say people either turned on eachother or starved to death before getting out.''

She fixed the stairs too on each step. Reinforcing the rock and giving good ground for Chestnot to stand on so he would not slip.

''Although treasure rooms were usually below right?''

Ethereal-Star

"I think you may be right." Chestnut eyed all the corpses and bones lying around, complete with rotted weapons. "Makes you wonder just what happened here."

Trotting up the stairs now with the steady growth in place, Chestnut didn't pause in his stride. "Let's see what's up here first, yes?"

The stairs continued up for some time, around and around they went, the darkness being lit up by the light of Chestnut's horn. "Stairs...gotta love 'em." he jested playfully.

SilmeriaElemred

''Ahw.. want my vines to lift you up?'' Sicillica asked with a teasing voice. Her steps were certain but could imagine it was not pleasant for Chestnut to be walking here.

''As for what happened here. Do thieves not often work together despite being strangers? One or more do not hold up the end of the bargain and mistrust grows as the goal gets closer. Blinding them from the realisation they need one another to pass through the ruins?'' there had not been new bodies and she was not suprised. Barely a soul came here. She stumbled on this place on accident really.

''So Chestnut what things interest you? Or what things would you like to do?''

Ethereal-Star

Chuckling at her vine-lifting comment, yet looking a bit uncertain at that all the same, Chestnut harrumphed in response. "Can those vines of yours carry my full majestic greatness?" he teased.

"As I do not get involved with the likes of thieves and all their friends, I wouldn't really know. They all seem to be a rather greedy, cut-throat bunch. With a few exceptions." he quickly added in, not wanting to sound prejudiced. "Although there have been tales of some of my kin falling to temptation and whatnot. I suppose the shine of jewels is indeed a hypnotizing sight." he surmised.

They continued on up the stairs, still no end in sight. Although it was rather slow going for those of the four-legged variety who could not morph into a bipedal form. "Do these stairs ever end?" he whined, a slight whinny to his voice.

"I like many things. As you've probably noticed, I am rather a fun-loving steed. Jokes and pranks are a specialty of mine." Chestnut chortled a little at this, remembering some good ol' times he had had. "Good times, good times..."

SilmeriaElemred

''I could learn some from you then. Fun was not exactly a big part of my life. Or any part really.'' Sicillica replied. They did eventually reached the end. There were no bodies here and through the mossy glassless windows light casted its light in the tower. The wooden floorboards were rotten so she simply made vines to make sure they would not fall through. ''I am sure that my vines can carry your full magneficent self. Maybe I am a little magnificent too.'' Sicillica teased.

The room had been undisturbed for a long time. The remains of the tables and silver plates, cutlery and fine detailed silver goblets were laying about as the table had collapsed over the years. Remarkably a part of it was still standing. The tablecloth was one rotten rag though.

'''How did... this castle come to an end. Left behind? At the least the persons could've brought the silverware along...'' she said pondering.

Ethereal-Star

"Now that's a downright shame. No fun in your life? Hmph." Chestnut sighed in relief as the top of the stairs came into view then. "It's never too late though to change your ways." he commented, a note of faith and certainty lacing his words.

As the plant growth steadily and sturdily covered the floor, he chuckled at her comment. "Well, then we can be magnificent together then."

Taking a look at the partially collapsed table with silver dishes and eating utensils on them, ghostly remnants of a once great feast that had taken place here long ago, he frowned a bit in confusion. "Indeed, they could have taken some of this stuff with them. Why they didn't, who knows?"

Wilted flowers caught his eye then, obviously once having been part of an extravagant garland at one time, now reduced to nothing more than faded colors and moss. He recognized the flower remnants as being a type of Star Glory, their red, yellow and white hues still somewhat evident after all this time, being that this particular flower was a rare magical type not often seen much nowadays. It was purported to have extreme longevity, passing many a test of time. However it seemed even its long life was not enough to last forever. All things that were not truly immortal eventually came to an end. It had been quite some time since Chestnut had seen some of these flowers. They were common enough in his home plane though.

Picking up the garland in his mouth, he draped it over his head and grinned at Sicillica. "Now I am that much more awesome, yes?"

SilmeriaElemred

''Moment.'' The black unicorn touched the flowers slowly but surely giving them new life. ''If we plant them somewhere perhaps they can continue to bloom rather then having been plucked for a temporary goal. As for me and fun...  I could try. You do not happen to know a place what accepts black unicorns though do you other then your home. Then again...'' she wondered if she would be ever able to actually live among her kin.

''Your... herd or group you were born into... do they 'adopt'?'' she asked. A blush of embarresment was on her cheeks. She was used to live alone and she was used to it but she did always miss something. If what he said was true, black unicorns being accepted in the part he grew up perhaps she could come there from time to time.

She stepped away and smiled. ''Perfect'' she said with a wink. You are even extra fabulous now'' she dared to smile and giggle.

Ethereal-Star

Chestnut tossed his head about playfully and with much silliness, as he donned his new and improved flower crown. "Yes, faaaabulous indeed! Now we just need to find you one." He began looking around for another garland and soon enough he found one, gently draping it over Sicillica's head.

At her question about the acceptance of black unicorns in his home and of adoption, Chestnut smiled and answered. "Some do, yes. My uncle Cillian in particular has a fondness for accepting new folk into his family." The blue and white unicorn chuckled as he recalled all the little ones he had adopted, being that his uncle had never settled down with a female unicorn ever in the time that Chestnut had known him, much less been at home. He supposed things could have changed since then, as it had been many centuries since he last visited. Chestnut had found the mortal realm to be quite charming and lovely, with the exception of that one past battle, so he felt the need to stay for as long as he wanted. He did plan one of these days to return though, but he himself didn't know exactly when that would be.

"I haven't really visited other unicorn realms that much, so I cannot tell you much about their customs and beliefs. Perhaps there are places in this world that would be accepting, just gotta look around I say."

A painting caught his eye then, although much of the paint was chipped and worn away, the unicorn was still able to more or less tell what it depicted. The caption underneath it was also worn, but he was able to make out the words "King Arnaldo The Third, of the Beryl family line." he read carefully. "Huh, who do you suppose that could've been?"

SilmeriaElemred

''Maybe I should visit yours.'' Sicillica said. ''I won't mind being part of a herd again and I would like some more positive experience with my fellow kin.''

She sneezed when the garland was on her head though due to the dust. She returned the flowers to their full blooming glory too.'

''No idea. King Arnaldo The Third appearantly and... from the something something family?'' she asked. ''Regarding human history of rulers I sort of did not catch up. She tapped the silverware with her boot. ''Do you think there is any use for this? It is kind of a waste don't you think?''

Ethereal-Star

"I would love it if you came to visit sometime. Although it's been a long while since the great and mighty Chestnut has been home." he teased again. "But of course, I would be welcomed back like any other of our kindred. You as well would be welcomed too. After all I did say black unicorns in my home are something of a rare treat."

When Sicillica sneezed due to the large collection of dust particles, Chestnut grinned. "Them dust bunnies are vicious critters, are they not?" Then he also sneezed as well when some of the dust got up his nose. "I stand as said." he commented wryly.

Glancing at all the silverware and plates, he nudged at one of them with his big furry nose. "I don't see why not. Leaving them here is indeed a waste. I'm sure people would find some use for these, even as ancient as they are." Blowing some dust off one of the plates, he grinned cheekily at his reflection. "They definitely make for some fine mirrors, despite all the rust on them."

Tags: