Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Fall of Stardust [Lunaria]

Started by Ethereal-Star, August 04, 2015, 04:47:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethereal-Star

It was also about the same time that Stardust herself awoke, blinking her eyes of any remainder of sleep from them. Seeing that Erian was up and about, she moved over to him, concern shining in her bright eyes as she queried him on his well-being. "How are you today?" she questioned him softly.

Casting her eyes down in regret, she looked back up at him then. "You must forgive me for not arriving sooner than I did. The search had taken longer than expected, yet I found naught to explain the problem at hand." Stardust did not mention her unfortunate meeting with the demonic presence inside the half-elf as she wished not to further worry him or cause any more alarm than he was already feeling. It was not something he needed at this time, as it might lower his morale that much more. If the time came to inform him, then she would. But not now.

SilmeriaElemred

''It is alright.'' Erian replied calmly. ''I would not expect the answer to be easy. Whatever has attached itself to me... I am sure it is old. And strong. And with a purpose.'' he said before taking a deep breath.

''But I slept well. The best since years.'' he spoke.

Ethereal-Star

The silver unicorn smiled at his words, relieved that he was not upset with her. At the mention of the spirit being old and strong, that familiar frown found its way back to her face as she contemplated what this could mean. It certainly seemed like it had a purpose when it had appeared to her and mocked her. However she would find a way. This was simply a test of her abilities and purity, a test of the gods themselves. And she would not disappoint them. Or herself for that matter.

Motioning with her head towards a dead patch of brown grass, Stardust indicated the two should sit for awhile and converse. After all she aimed to help him in any way she could, even simple conversation would do as it let the poor elf know he was not alone in this. "Let us sit and merely talk, try to get your mind off of such dark matters. Perhaps it will give us more insight on what to do to conquer this vile creature and how to banish it once and for all."

SilmeriaElemred

Erian nodded and joined her although he did look at the grass and flowers around. Stardust had a good influence on the surroundings and whatever had died by his doing would slowly return to life. ''What is it you'd like to talk about?'' he asked as he sat down.

Ethereal-Star

Stardust settled down on her haunches and thought for a moment or two. She decided it would be best for him to focus on happy memories of his life, in order to raise his mood. "What do you remember about your life from before?" she asked him, silver mane trailing over an equally silver coat. "Any happy memory can help to ease one's worries if you just let it."

Focusing on the ground around her, the unicorn channeled a bit of her divine magic into the dead grass and tainted soil, with the intent to first cleanse it of the darkness which permeated the area. White light soon glowed in a soft energy around them, as it began the process of restoration.

SilmeriaElemred

''I was wealthy born with a great mother and father. I had no siblings but some of the servants had children whom I played with when I was not studdying. Everything seemed so... simple back then. Education. Learning to control what I had magic wise went well. I did not even mind the marriage that was arranged between me and a half elven girl since we were both young. I hope that those simple days will come back eventually. When I was happy with everything I had.'' he spoke.

Ethereal-Star

Listening intently to every word, Stardust nodded in understanding. "On my honor, I will do what I am able to in order to bring back those happy days you speak of. One way or another, you will have that life again. It is only a matter of time."

And the silver unicorn truly believed this as she had great faith in her abilities and the forces of good in general. They would not allow a young man to suffer forever. It just wasn't right.

SilmeriaElemred

Erian did not lie about those happy days. But what she offered was something she would most likely regret. There were only a small amount of things that made Erian happy these days. And that was owning others. Every time when he had something new he felt happier. But still never fullfilled. Maybe though adding her to his collection would. That was what he thought when he first heard about Stardust. He researched a lot and it most likely payed off. But he would play this a little longer.

But indeed. Only a matter of time it was. And it was on her honor, that he would feel it all again. Which meant too she would have to regardless of the outcome now.

''What makes you happy.'' he asked.

Ethereal-Star

Stardust smiled gently at the question. "Mostly making others happy. Helping them find their purpose in life and fulfilling their dreams. I have done so many times, and it always warms my heart to see their joy. Their relief and gratitude."

The unicorn thought some more on the question. "The wind blowing through the trees. Leaves twirling in the air by a summer's breeze. Flowers blooming in wondrous colors. The laugh and happiness of a child as they receive a new toy. The sun's rays shining down upon the land, filling it with life and warmth."

She smiled again. "Yes, they are simple things but I thoroughly enjoy them for all the bliss and comfort they bring. Knowing that I am making a difference in other people's lives, whether they be humanoid or more like me."

Channeling a little more divine magic into the dead grass, she then gave it a rest for now. The restoration would take time and she shouldn't rush things too much. Everything would eventually heal though. Stardust was simply helping to speed up the process.

SilmeriaElemred

''Such simple things... mother always said that the most simple things should make people the happiest. But people always seem to want more and more. It is good to have someone so selfless in the world. Someone who is willing to help others no matter what. Are you not afraid people might abuse it?'' Erian asked.

Ethereal-Star

"That is not something I worry about much, no." Stardust replied. "I believe in the goodness of people overall and that every single one of them is worth helping. In the case of unscrupulous types though, perhaps they simply need a reminder to be redirected onto the right path. Then the rest will follow."

And it was indeed not something Stardust had thought about much, whether someone would abuse her aid so cruelly. In that way her naivete shone through, and she was soon to get a shocking realization on the matter that some people really just wanted to see someone else suffer and for no reason other than that they could.

SilmeriaElemred

This would be most likely easier then he thought. Still he had to remain cautious.

''Should I show you my home? What is left of it anyway? Nothing and nobody has been there through since the... well. Outburst of power so to say though so it will most likely not be a pleasant place to see...''

Ethereal-Star

Stardust smiled a genuine smile. "I would love to see your home." she told him honestly. "The old saying of 'home is where the heart is' applies even to this day. I'm sure you have many happy memories that took place there." Getting up, she made to follow Erian to his childhood home.

SilmeriaElemred

''I'm sure it is nothing but a shadow of what it was... and the sight might be very grim but... maybe... just maybe there is a clue of how I came to be like this...'' he said. ''It will take a few weeks of travel to get there though.''

Ethereal-Star

"Regardless, I would still love to see it. As for traveling there, I can help with that. I am able to teleport wherever I'd like, but unless I've been there before or know what the area looks like, my entrance might be slightly off. Still we can utilize this method to get there in very little time. All you need to do is touch my back and we can go."

Stardust looked at Erian for his permission before she would do so. The silver unicorn had made him a promise and she fully intended to follow through on that. She had faith things would turn out as they were meant to.

SilmeriaElemred

Erian thought for a moment. ''There is a statue of white marble about twice your size of a winged unicorn in the garden in a fountain. The fountain most likely no longer works though. The fountain is on a round square... Paths going North, East, South and West. In between the paths are rose bushes. If we can arrive in the garden then it should be fine.'' he said and reached out hesitantly to Stardust. He seemed frightened but calmed himself down before gently placing his hand on her back. His eyes closed. Whatever thoughts ran through his head then were certainly not the kind he wanted to share.

Ethereal-Star

With that description in mind, Stardust was fairly certain they would arrive where needed. After Erian placed his hand upon her back, she activated her ability then, and they soon faded out and reappeared in said garden, off to the side just a tad. Stardust looked around and smiled. "Here we are then."

SilmeriaElemred

The mansion along with everything around it was all but pleasant looking. The water from the fountain reeked of death and fishbones lay on the muddy bottem. The statue once white was mossy and grey instead of white.

The plants were deadand in overal there was a very deep, dark emptyness in this place. One that easily could slip into a person's soul. Maybe this was where the first seed of darkness had been planted in Stardust too. Erian took a few steps, his eyes falling on the bones of several children that had been playing here. Their once new and expensive clothes decayed with the passage of time. This, was nothing more then a foul place. Drenched with dark and powerful magics.

Ethereal-Star

After taking a more careful look around the area, that was when Stardust felt the brunt of all the despair and darkness evident here. It literally choked the very air around it, the life force that was once present here was now nothing more than a deep haunting emptiness that sucked all the light and life away. It was so strong, this foulness and decay of everything good and precious that the silver unicorn collapsed then from the sheer pressure of it all. It was also when the first doubts about Erian came to her mind then, and with wide eyes she looked back at him, the beginnings of uncertainty present in those bright orbs.

So much death...So much pain and hurt...So much evil...

"This...this was your home?" Stardust managed to choke out in utter disbelief.

SilmeriaElemred

Erian nodded weakly. He knelt beside her looking worried but did not touch her. ''The thing overloaded the magic I had managed to keep at bay for so long. It killed everyone and everything. It has never been so strong since that moment however. I tried to counter it... attempted to use magic of time to reverse all of it but nothing.''

He appeared sincere and even cried. ''Whatever is inside me though enjoyed it to the fullest..''

Tags: