Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

New Tides, Old Sea [M]

Started by visualspice, September 27, 2015, 12:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Dekka caught her and braced them both as the ship continued to rock. An unnatural crunching sound soon followed, and he heard the ship splitting beneath them.
"I don't know how good of a time this is for any sort of fucking talk!" he growled, pulling her along as he fought the awkward motions as the ship writhed from it's wounds.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

"Later then," Evarelia decided, doing her best to help against falling while the ship rocked. A brief moment and she closed her eyes, feeling her stomach flipflop, glad she hadn't really eaten anything since early the evening before. One of the doors was right there, it was black in the ship with little more than the moon light to guide their way. The rocking had the wax put out the candles and she clung to Dekka tighter, face tucked against his chest and arms around his middle - though she'd hoped there was enough room for him to move about without her in the way.

Her hand grasped railings when she could and helped steady them.

A brief glance out one of the windows and she saw something, a soft gasp and she squeezed her eyes shut. They were going to die. There was something out there and they were going to be it's food. "Dekka," She panted, "You know how to swim, right?"

visualspice

He paused, needing to catch his footing, and turned with bared teeth.
"Swim? Do I know how to fucking swim?" That was rich. "Does it fucking matter?" Swim or not, either the damned beast would eat them when they hit water, crush them...
Or the cold would. He grew hot with rage over it, his body emitting heat even she could feel.

The ship trembled now, a part of it lurching before there was a series of cracking, and the section of the ship the pair were on suddenly dropped- only then he realized it had been leaning up and out of the water and the weight of the thing forced it back to even out on the surface before it's haunting echo faded out into the darkened waters. But the screams of the ship's patrons were still ringing clear into the night. 

Fuck.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

"Sure," She gasped, eyes closing for a moment while she swallowed her fear.

"It'd be awful to just... Sink," Evarelia clung tight to Dekka, finding him a strange warmth from him which she eagerly snuggled into when she could. Worst idea. A sucked in breath and she squeezed her eyes shut and she let out a soft cry, tears finally flooding her eyes at the screams. There were people dying. "Dekka," She breathed, her cling doubling as a hug, "I don't think we're gonna make it," Not that she doubted him, but... The odds were certainly against them.

visualspice

THe pair were still plastered against the outter cabin wall as the ship began to creak again and bubble as the ocean began to claim it. This time, at a much slower pace. And a lot slower than the beast would have liked.

"Just hold onto me," he growled. "We're fucking getting out of this alive if I have to punch the god damn beast's head in."

Maybe the beast heard him, mybe it was just awful luck, but the swell of the beast's returning form rocked the ship before it slammed into it again and then resurfaced. Dekka let out a cry, stumbling as he grabbed onto the open door that lead into the cabin stairwell, and his other hand shot out to secure Evarelia against his side. And as the ship splintered again and rocked away, he saw the massive jaws of the beast come open, consuming the skies in it's dark mass, and making the duel rows of jagged white teeth appear like stars before down the mouth came as it crunched into the  deck of the ship right before them and tear it off in one great bite.

The action rocked the ship and forced it away from the beast and the ship tipped again. This time  they were going up, and with an action so fast Dekka lost his grip- not on Evarelia, but on the door he held onto and down into the sinking ship they went,tumbling down the stairs nad into the dark hallway that was flooding below.

he didn't even get a chance to catch his footing when the ship rocked again, separating the pair as they both went down the hall and away from the only opening that would take them back up towards the surface of the ship. the ship only stopped moving after Dekka's back slammed against a wall and he, landing face first in a rising swell of sea water that was beginning to creep in through the hall they were both now trapped.