Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Memories of Ice [JackieCat]

Started by Codestar7, October 18, 2015, 06:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Codestar7

Tûrin Faelandaerl had set up camp three days earlier in the Niahi Woods. Never had he been in this part of Le'raana, and was interested in the local wildlife. So far he had only seen a handful of deer and, of course, hundreds of birds. But that was not what he was seeking. He had recently heard of a unique bear living in the woods. He had never seen a bear before, and knew little of them. He had heard they were dangerous, but nothing was dangerous to Tûrin as was the Monster of the Deep.

It had been three years since that fateful day when he battle the monster and lost his memory in the process. Since then, he had not been able to find a purpose in life, nor a friend that would be his. Nobody would waste their time with a snow elf without a mouth. He could not speak, but for those who could speak in sign, they would have brief conversations with him, no more. He craved someone to be one with, someone who understood him and could share his life with.

But alas, for now he was stuck searching for the red bear named Theros. Maybe he could become friends with the bear. He truly hoped so. So, with the thought in mind, he leapt up and went to find a potential friend.

JackieCat

(OOC: Sorry it took me a while to get to this!)

Kirl Moonharber was thoroughly enjoying herself.  She and her hyena companion, Oax, were walking through the Niahi Woods, heading nowhere, just wandering.

They had been walking through the wood for a while when Oax froze.  "A bear?" Kirl asked.  The girl and hyena shared a bond, they could communicate without words, mentally, through feelings and other non-material ways.  The hyena sent a confirming yes.  It was a bear.  The two stayed perfectly still, and a few minutes later a huge red bear emerged from the trees.  He looked over at Kirl, and they stood like that for a few minutes, then the bear continued on, and so did Kirl and Oax.

They went the opposite way the bear had gone, but within ten more minutes Oax's fur raised again.  A moment later Kirl caught sight of a strange looking man.  He was a strange sight, but Kirl was not perturbed.

"Hello!" she said, not moving any closer, but keeping her voice friendly.
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Codestar7

Turin noticably flinched, and then waved. In his mind he called out "Hello there!" Though he knew the girl would likely not hear his telepathic communication. He sat down and gestured to the empty spot on the felled log on which he sat. Turin held out a hand, a leg of chargrilled poultry in his webbed grip. Looking at the animal by the woman's side, he turned to the woman and shot her a questioning glance. "Hungry?" he thought to himself.

JackieCat

Kirl did not completely get the message, but she had an affinity to understand many animal's thoughts, so she caught the gist of the message.

"Hello!" she said again, walking a bit closer, but not sitting. "Who are you?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Codestar7

Tûrin sighed. He shrugged his arms in defeat and just looked away. She couldn't understand him.

JackieCat

"Are you alright?" Kirl asked, seeing how defeated the being seemed. "What's wrong?"

Oax walked closer to the man, and sent a mental message of welcome and friendship.  The message wasn't in word, but in feelings.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor