Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hope is Born [M]

Started by visualspice, November 06, 2015, 01:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Teeth flashed- bold and sharp, and it was hard to tell if his eyes were even open, for is they were, there was a sickening absence of his pupils, and no veins bulged or were seen, like the one's on his throat. The snarl grew more feral as he slammed her against the piano, the keys springing up in a soured chord.

A glass vase nearby shattered, water flooding down towards them from atop of the piano, bringing sharp shards raining between the pair before his strong hand returned it's grip to her throat and held her harder and harder, determined to squeeze the very breath of her just as the wild winds of an oncoming storm fluttered open the curtains to the music room which snuffed all candles of light.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

What was he?

Medina didn't have time to think about it because then he was choking her and she was scratching at his hand.  A case shattered and then it was dark and Medina pushed against him. Was he human? Medina beat at his arms, vision going dark. Her golden eyes rolled up and her hands pressed more keys, though it was went she went limp, face red from lack of air. The piercing wail of a baby, awaken so rudely by bad music down the hall.

A frantic movement, where she clutched at the front of his shirt before she went limp, Hope's cries echoing through the room as surely as the wind blew through it.

visualspice

It was the cry of the child that sobered him, the cry of the child and the sudden flash of thunder. Somehow it was raining, pouring into the room in buckets and Calent and the woman laying limp beneath him were soaked.

His eyes wavered, mind whirling as he stepped back suddenly.

What had he done?

His vision was foggy, fading, the room tilting as he stumbled.

Was this some kind of a dream?
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

It was completely unintentional. The water and Medinas natural affinity to healing had her eyes snap open and she gasped for air, a hand flying to her throat. Eyes wide she held her throat and breathed deep a few times, panting for breath. It was too late that she realized she should probably had a raw throat and strange marks on her neck. Instead she just stared, still leaning on the piano.

Like she was hypnotized she stared at his face. What was he?

Hope crying was a far away noise and she pressed a hand to her chest, staring. This man was the ruler of Connlaoth and he'd nearly killed her in his... Sleep?

A brief glance over her shoulder to the door, a little tremble and a look back at him, eyeing him up and down. "Are you awake now?" Medina tried to sound husky, better suited to having been choked.

visualspice

Calent looked at her for the longest time as the howling breath of the now dying storm's breath purred into a rumble that shook the floors gently and nearly drowned out the cries of the babe. He blinked, once, twice, before blood began to seep out from his nose, and he turned away suddenly, vomiting onto the floor.

Draconian

"Oh my God." Medina acted quickly, grabbing the bottom of her night dress and crouching down beside Calent. Gently she rubbed his back, frowning and giving her head a gentle shake. It was a subtle push of her magic. To sooth. The subtleties her twin and she put into the fabric that wrapped the wounds of the hurt.

"Do you have a headache? Does your chest hurt?" Her hand didn't stop and she still had the bottom of her dress gathered up, ready to help seep up the blood from his nose. It wouldn't do well for the Grand Duke to be hurt around her.

visualspice

Calent was all but choking on his vomit- vomit that turned into a murky resemblance of...
"Blood..." His hand shook as he looked at it, sobering and shivering as he saw enough of it from the faint light of the night. 

His mind still reeled, and he tried to figure out just what had occurred but he was too weak to do much, let alone stand from where he now knelt within his own blood and vomit. He gave a sniff, wiping away the tickling blood on his nose before asking weakly, "Why are you here?"

Draconian

"I don't listen and I came to be angry at you because you're spoiled and... You were sleeping." Medina shook her head, looking at his mouth and then his eyes from where she could see. Medina licked her lips, hand still on his back, night gown still bunched up in her hand.

"Are you human?"

visualspice

Calent was taken off guard by such a comment, and his confusion and anger were evident on his face against the flash of lightning. As the thunder faded into a rumble, he scowled, "The child.. he's crying."
And indeed, Hope still wailed.

Draconian

A swift change of topic.

"He is," she confirmed before shaking her head, "babies do that." Medina rubbed at her collar bone before she started to back away, "he's safe in his bed." Medina watched Calent, confusion and worry on her face.

"Do you need help? Should I call someone for you? Would you like to lay down? I could sleep on the chair." She indicated down the hall, frowning at him before stepping up and away.

visualspice

Calent made a face, not understanding her concern here.
"Do you not hear our child cry?!" he asked, voice raised.

Draconian

Our child. The slip of tongue didn't go passed her but she didn't say anything.

"Hope is fine! He's not bleeding and he didn't just throw up! Just... I can't leave you alone. Come with me to the bedroom and we'll... Take care of you." Medina didn't really want to be close to this man but he was potentially hurt. Had no recollection of why had happened - which was for the best - the unconscious healing from being choked was a dead give away of what she was.

What was he though?

Medina pressed her hands to her head, "please. Just... Come with me to the room. We can check on Hope and you can sit down. Please? Please? I'll help you." She held out her hand, looking a little worried. If she left him alone, would he said she tried to kill him? Fed him bits of the vase? The water made the night dress cling and she gave a shiver. She'd have to change before comforting the baby or he might catch a chill.

visualspice

Dizzy, he shrugged her off with a growl.
"Our child wails yet you remain foolish. Do you want me to take him from you and your ineptitude?!" And he paused, growling. "Go to him now. That's an order!" Shakingly, he found the strength to stand as he told her coldly, "Your Grand Duke commands it."

Draconian

Inepti--!

Medina glared at him, casting another look at his mouth and eyes before she swallowed back the word she wanted to snap at him.

"Of course," she snarled, "my apologies." The tone of the words were easily translated into 'fuck you.' Medina walked away as quietly as she'd gone into the room, leaving him bloody and with vomit on the floor and just as the Grand Duke commanded she quickly changed clothing and went to Hope who wailed on for a few moments before she did the same back rubbing motion as she'd earlier to the Grabd Duke. To sooth.

Hope quieted down quickly enough, though he was wide awake again.

Medina moved into the chair the Duke and Hope had fallen asleep in earlier and nursed her child. Trying to sort the strange pieces of the puzzle she acquired tonight. What an insufferable man. Medina eventually fell asleep, as Hope did nuzzled against her chest. The only evidence that she's left the room was the wet nightgown and her damp hair. There were no bruises on her neck and the only proof she had of Calent growing fangs and trying to kill her were her memories.

What was he?

visualspice

The night went on uneventfully after that, though some might have had little rest than others. However, even as the sun rose, there was no sign of the Grand Duke, or any word from him. But the servants tending to Medina and Hope were still going about their business, helping where they could and should, and keeping relatively to themselves.

Draconian

Medina touched her neck, remembering the night before. No one spoke of any mess in the music room and no questions had been asked about the discarded night gown. Or why she'd woken up in chair with her breast hanging out and Hope sleeping against her. That was a little embarrassing but nothing comparing to the birthing.

Still she knew she was supposed to be bed bound. A regular woman wouldn't have recovered so quickly and Medina did little other than tend to her child and pretend to be sore and achy from the birth.

Thinking.

What was he.

Medina wanted her sister. Medina cast a look towards Hope and wondered just what he'd inherited from his father and if that included fangs and nightmares.

visualspice

The day passed uneventfully for Medina and the child, and they had no visits from the Grand Duke. In fact, not many spoke about him or the going ons in the castle. They simple remained focused on their work.

Draconian

It was too quiet and finally, Medina had enough of it.

"Excuse me," She started, having actually gotten herself into a dress - a loose fitting one, sure - but a dress.

"Were there any instructions for me to not go anywhere?" Medina had a lovely view outside the window and knowing she wouldn't be here forever, wanted to steal away a few moments, perhaps bundle Hope up and take him for his first breath of fresh air. So far it'd been a new church or a fancy bedroom. It wasn't sunny but it also wasn't raining, which meant it was fair game.

"I'd really like to go outside," She pointed to the window, "It's looks lovely."

visualspice

THe maid blinked at Medina.

"You wish to leave the castle?" she asked, as if the woman were crazy, or speaking another language. "Oh, we're under strict orders," she went on. "The Grand Duke himself said to be sure you remain here, where it's safe with the baby."

Draconian

Medina tried to smile, but the jolt of displeasure flashed across her features.

"Out there," She pointed to the window, "Right out there isn't safe?" she pressed a hand to her mouth and looked thoughtful, "Goodness. If right there isn't safe why is in here any safer?" Medina waved her hand and gave the maid an apologetic look, "Right. Can I at least have a book? Or... Or ... some charcoal and paper?" Medina looked around the room, "The baby sleeps and when he doesn't sleep he's either crying or eating. It's... boring."