Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Wrong Side of the River

Started by visualspice, November 06, 2015, 01:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Oh! Thank you!" she accepted the clothing graciously and once he turned around, she was quick to unbutton her soggy shirt and set it along the horse's saddle. A few grunts later, she was mostly dressed, and as she pulled the jacket over her shoulders, she gave a gasp as she lost her footing, and  fell into him suddenly with a squeak.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zero

Even behaving himself, Robb had already briefly seen the body hidden beneath his soaked shirt and found it impossible not to conjure the image as he waited patiently for her to change clothing. His ears and face heated a little, from both shame and desire. It didn't matter how fine Averella was, she was off-limits.

The knight sort of chanted the mantra in his head to banish any impure thoughts about the beautiful and mysterious coffin girl.

As she fell against him, Robb turned quickly, arms reaching out to gently hold her against him. Better she have fallen against him than have fallen all the way into the mud. He looked down at her with concern. "You okay?"

visualspice

"Y-yes.. oh my!" she went on, clinging to him for support until she loosened her grip on him when she felt more stable. Shaking her head, she sighed with some relief and looked up Robb.
"Thank you... but I feel so foolish, it's as if I've never put clothing on before! Though can't say," she went on thoughtfully. "That I've had to get dressed in a man's clothing."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zero

Robb let his hands fall away from her as Averella steadied herself, giving a single soft huff of amusement at her assessment. "We'll get you more proper clothes as soon as possible. I'm sure you'll be a lot more comfortable when you've got something to wear that doesn't belong to a strange man."

He stepped away from her and dug back into his bags, pulling out a simple ivory comb before offering it to her a little sheepishly. "I know we're going to an inn, but my sister always feels better when her hair's neat. I thought it might make you feel better to too."

visualspice

"Yes, I do believe I would. But oh, don't think I'm not grateful!" she blushed again. "But it would be nice to find my things..." She gave a sigh at that.

Then he offered her the comb and her eyes lit up, and she took it graciously. "Oh, thank you! Thank you!" she went on, bowing gratefully, if not a bit over exaggeratedly, before she moved to sit on a nearby fallen log and began to take the comb to her hair.

It was a long, unruly mess, and she winced more than a few times to get through the thick knots in it, but soon it was beginning to shine and look like the silky sort of hair a princess might possess. She fisted an eye of her hair and worked through it, each layer that got brushed out being released from her hold and tumbling down off her shoulders and some moving to rest delicately along her back.

It was a process t be sure, but once she was done, she beamed at him.
"I do feel a lot better. Thank you for helping me again." And she bowed forward, offering the comb back to him in the palms of both her hands.

Zero

"We'll find your things." He reassured her. It would just take a little time, and luck. Before he worried about her lost belongings Robb wanted to find that inn. Food, warmth, and general comfort were far more important and much higher on his list of priorities at that moment.

He was surprised at her bowing to him over a simple little comb, but he couldn't keep from smiling. She was so...grateful and appreciative of every small thing.

Trying not to be a bother, he began tending to Dune, getting out a horse brush and giving him a quick run over while subtly watching Averella over the animal's back. Her hair was a bit of a mess, but as she brushed it out, slowly working out the knots and tangles, Robb could tell just how thick, beautiful, and dark the raven strands were. His hands itched just thinking about how silky it would be sliding through his fingers.

Yeah, he was going to have to do something about this pent up tension before going home. His sister didn't suffer foolish behavior like pestering maids.

Robb eventually gave up pretending to be busy or focused on Dune, instead moving over to join her on the log, although he kept a bit of distance between them and did his best not to actively watch her brush her hair. Finally she finished and when he reached for the comb he let his fingertips brush against her upturned palms, lingering over the contact for a few moments before pulling away and clearing his throat.

"You're welcome. I guess we should get going, before it decides to rain some more or something."

visualspice

"Ah, yes!" she went on, a bit too loudly. "Or hail! Oh! It has been ages since I've seen such weather!" she exclaimed. She peered over at Dune and smiled. "I see he got a nice brushing too!" And she approached the horse with a bit of skip to her gait. "He looks so handsome. Oh! And to think all of your good looks are wasted on us!" She giggled and patted the horse's nose. "But I'm sure you're fine with that. You're a fine horse, a good companion, I'll bet. I hope the rain didn't scare you too badly. Sometimes the thunder scares me too," she went on, stroking the horse's soft neck. "It can be a bit too loud sometimes, huh? Don't worry, thunder can't hurt us. "

Zero

"It isn't all that uncommon weather to me." Robb mused softly, standing as he watched her skip over to their furry companion who quite happily accepted the gentle pets to his nose and neck, ears perked forward as he listened to Averella with seeming rapt attention. The gelding gently nuzzled her cheek with his nose.

Robb rolled his eyes, but a slight smirk tugged at one corner of his mouth. Dune was docile enough, but he supposed he couldn't blame the fleabag for eating up attention from someone like her. Gods, was he jealous of a horse? Bah, it hadn't been that long since he'd had someone fawning over him! He scowled slightly as he tried to think of the last pretty girl he'd actually bothered to pay any mind to and he couldn't remember her name, or her face for that matter. She had nice tits, though...

"He won't look so handsome when he's covered in mud to his belly. Come on, you can ride him if you like." It was only the gentlemanly thing to do - offering to let the lady ride. He took Dune by the reins and lead him out from under the trees so that he could be mounted, he wickered softly and flicked his tail. Robb could have swore he was prancing and showing off.

visualspice

Her eyes went large.
"Really? I can ride him? Take the reins?" she held her breath, leaning up on her tip toes in anticipation as she held on affectionately to Robb's arm.

Zero

"Sure you can, just don't let him run off and leave me." Robb didn't doubt the ungrateful beast would dump him for the pretty girl with the soft, sweet voice and gentle petting hands. Animals.

The knight knelt next to Dune and cupped his hands together to form a platform so that Averella could actually reach to climb up into the saddle. She was kind of tiny he doubted she'd make it without a mounting block of some kind. "Up you go then."

visualspice

With eyes like stars, she graciously accepted his help and up she went, onto the saddle with her legs draped over to one side like any noble lady might. But she looked as if she were quite at home on the saddle, and with gentle confidence, took the reins.

"Oh, but I wouldn't leave you here alone! Why don't you ride with me?" she patted the saddle behind her. "It wouldn't be fair to make you walk, Sir Robb."

Zero

Robb stood slowly, observing Averella carefully - she looked comfortable in the saddle, which was good. She rode side saddle like a lady, which made him even more curious about where exactly she was from and just who she really was.

"Are you sure, Miss Averella? I wouldn't want to crowd you or make you uncomfortable." They would be quite close if they both rode. Having such a supple feminine body pressed against him didn't seem like the best idea. Especially since he was already struggling with his attraction to her. It wasn't his fault she was stunningly beautiful, but keeping control of his actions was.

visualspice

"Uncomfortable?" she made a face, then shook her head, smiling brightly. "No, no, I insist!" she gave the saddle a light pat while Dune danced where he stood. "See? Even Dune is getting antsy. And he won't mind. He is.." she went on, smiling over at him as she scratched at Dune's mane. "After all, your horse."

Zero

"Alright, we'll ride together." Well, if she was insisting...

Robb heaved himself up behind her, not exactly with the grace she'd exhibited, but he was obviously a seasoned rider himself. Once he got up, though, he found himself faced with another dilemma as he wasn't exactly sure what to do with his hands! Did he hold on to her? Normally he wouldn't complain about having a gorgeous lady in his arms but this wasn't exactly the normal circumstances.

visualspice

Smiling brightly, she clutched the reins and said, "Does Dune like to run?" Her eyes sparkled as she gave the horse a gentle kick- they were going to find out!

Zero

"Well er-" Robb didn't really get to finish that thought. The kick caused Dune to toss his head and bolt forward down the road. He had to throw his arms around Averella and lean forward to avoid being thrown backwards off the now sprinting horse.

visualspice

Averella let out a sharp cry, not expecting the horse's enthusiasm, but once they broke out from the trees and onto a more beaten path, she felt the wind tickle her skin and soon, she was laughing.

"Oh, Mother of the Sun! It's been ages since I've been on a horse run!" she shouted happily.

Zero

"Has it been ages since you've done everything?" Robb asked, only partially joking. She seemed to say that it had been ages every time she talked about anything at all.

Now that they were moving at a steady gallop he felt more secure on the saddle, but he kept his arms around her waist, reaching in front of her to also grip the saddle tightly. He didn't want either of them to fall, and it had the added bonus of being an excuse to hold her closer to him.

visualspice

Averella laughed, a pretty sound.
"Oh, it sure feels like it!" The wind through her hair, the power of the horse galloping beneath her body, and the man's arms around her was just so thrilling....
She glanced back at him briefly, still all smiles. "I'm sorry if it bores you. I bet you run with Dune every day!"

If he did, Dune didn't seem to mind, and as she looked ahead, she almost missed the low branch as she gasped.
"Duck!" Since it was too late to steer the running horse away from it.

Zero

"Nothing about you has been boring, Ave-" Robb jerked his head up when she shouted that simple word, he'd been so focused on her - the way she felt against him, the way her hair whipped behind her as the wind caught it, the sound of her laughter, the radiance of her smile, and the beauty of her excitement...

The last thing he managed to do, was thankfully let go of Averella so he wouldn't accidentally take her with him. Robb wasn't really aware of where he really got struck. One moment he was behind her and the next he was flat on his back in the middle of the muddy road, staring up at the sky without really seeing it. He had no idea if Dune had stopped his mad gallop or if Averella was still safely in the saddle.

All he was really sure of was that he couldn't quite catch his breath, the fall had knocked the wind from him, and pain blossomed all through his body while white lights flashed behind his eyes.