Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What Knight, Through Yonder Window Breaks?

Started by visualspice, November 08, 2015, 08:02:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Jack rubbed his jaw at the comment.
"Just a disagreement." He cracked his jaw, making a face. "A very spritely disagreement," he added with a frown. He kept following her, and close. "So where we goin' anyway? And are you sure it's wise for us to just... run? I mean.. if we can hear those men back there... It won't exactly be long before they see us and are tailing our asses good and close."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Not if we get out of sight first," Fiona muttered, ducking into an alley between two houses. The shop was just across the street. She glanced around, making sure the coast was clear. "The shop with the green door," she told him, pushing him ahead of her. "Quick!"

visualspice

If he cared enough to, he'd give her some credit for literally pushing him around! He wasn't exactly a light weight or flimsy man. Jack was all muscle- and with his armor on, he weighed double than normal. However, he wasn't a man to just give out compliments. In fact, he was the first one of any batch to groan.

So he did.

"The green door? You don't think they'll search all buildings for us knowing we're mages?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

She rolled her eyes. "Yes, but officially only Brighid the glass maker lives here, so they won't have a reason to search too hard for anyone else."

Not to mention that Brighid was an upstanding citizen, and should inspire no suspicion with the authorities.

"There's a cellar, if we're quiet enough they should just pass right by."

visualspice

"Quiet.." he paused, frowning at the noisy-ness of his attire. "Right." And was quick to race towards it. Once they approached, he threw the doors open and peered down into the gloom. He made a face.
"Down into the rabbit hole we go..." he grumbled, before making his way down the wood stairs.

He was greeted by the damp smells and a few loosely hung cobwebs, which he swiped aside with an armored hand. There were jars of all sorts, and supplies for this Brighid fellow to use on his goods. It was also dark- a bit too dark and he stood about, antsy.

"Hurry up, close the door." But then he paused to observe with a pursed lip. "Wait... is that door the only way out?" And he began to wonder if he just found himself in his own tomb!

DragonSong

Fiona quirked an eyebrow. "Technically? Yes." She padded across the familiar floor, wrinkling her nose at the musty odor, and tapped the ceiling in the far left corner. "But mother had this put in for when I need to make a quick dash down here if a customer comes in unexpectedly."

She glanced over her shoulder, glassy eyes easily piercing through the gloom. She tilted her head and whispered, "Maybe you should lose the armor, before the guards actually show up."

visualspice

"Yeah, maybe," he muttered, fiddling loudly with the armor and making frustrated grunts.
"Easier said than done." And though he was able to get off one leg brace, it clattered to the ground clumsily... and noisily while the man continued with his next brace.

DragonSong

"Shhh!" Fiona hissed, wincing at the noise. Rolling her eyes and grumbling, she crossed to his side. "Here, let me. Just...for the love of gods don't move. Don't even breathe if you can help it." She reached up to fiddle with the clasps at his shoulders, trying to make as little noise as possible.

visualspice

"Don't move? But you're doing this all wrong and slow!" he protested, moving to work at his arm strap anyway.

DragonSong

"Shut up!" She whisper-yelled, batting his hand away. "Every time you move you clank. Talk me through it then, if I'm doing it wrong." How hard could it be, really? You just unbuckled this part...or maybe this strap was connected to the other thing...

visualspice

"Oh yeah right, as if I could just give you directions!" he complained. "Besides, women don't know how to work this kinda stuff." Not that he, as a man, did either! It was his first day, after all and well- another fumble had him loosening his breast plate- which fell forward, threatening to crash ontop of her head!

DragonSong

Fiona squeaked and ducked out of the way, grabbing desperately for the sheet of metal as she did. She managed to muffle the clang it made as it hit the floor, but only slightly. She froze at the sound, listening. Hopefully no one was above them yet...

visualspice

Jack went quiet too- and froze with eyes wide. He too, strained his ears to listen-
So far, so good, or so he thought, for soon the familiar rumble of horse hooves above them could be heard. They were so close, bits of the ceiling began to dust down upon them as Jack held his breath, eyes towards the door.

DragonSong

Fiona held very still, not even daring to breathe as the patrol passed overhead. She didn't even move when the sounds started to fade into the distance, waiting several moments into the silence before breathing, "Do you think they've gone?"

visualspice

Before he could answer, Jack tensed at the softer approach of footfalls-
Though if they had intended to approach or open the cellar, it hadn't happened and the footfalls went the other way. Releasing his held breath, Jack relaxed some.

"I don't know, but I'm itching to get outta these. Come on, let's get 'em off while we know the coast is somewhat clear."

DragonSong

"And where are you planning to go, exactly?" Fiona asked. She wasn't being entirely sarcastic; she didn't have any good ideas, so her fingers were crossed that this sort-of-knight did.

visualspice

Jack sighed through his nostrils.
"Probably to a bar."

DragonSong

Fiona chuckled a bit despite herself, going back to attempting to relieve him of his armor. "Genius plan, my friend," she teased. "When in doubt- alcohol. Solid logic. Oh, damnit how is this strap supposed to work?!"

She made a frustrated noise in the back of her throat, resisting the urge to just torch the annoying strip of leather.

visualspice

"I dunno, I only just got this damn thing today," he said. "Here, let me see what I can-" But as his hand moved to try to loosen it, he used a bit TOO much force and ended up whacking her across the face.

DragonSong

"Ouch!" She sprang back, covering her smarting nose. "Son of a-" Swallowing a few choice words, she glowered at him with watering eyes. "Was that revenge for our oh-so-graceful landing earlier?" She tried to sound carelessly snippy, but damn that hurt!