Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Aboard the Poison Storm [Open] [Archive]

Started by DragonSong, November 18, 2015, 05:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

Isabeau nodded. "Well, you'll do," she said easily, shrugging.

Looking up at Gar with a crooked smile she agreed, "You're probably right. Follow us." The last words were directed at their new crew members as she moved around the table. "We're docked in the cove just south of town."

JackieCat

Revvil looked at the ogre, a strange look on the Draconian's face.  Not quite challenging, but not humble either, anyone who was looking closely would be able to tell that there were other thoughts in the Draconian's head besides being a loyal crew member.

Revvil looked away from Gar and back to the captain, his eyes still glittering with an inner light.
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

DaGlobster

"I've heard worse skillsets," Gar said, looking towards Evangeline.

"Time in the army, and some naval experience? Puts you a cut above the rest of the poor sods around here," Gar said, and he motioned to the tavern as a whole.

"We'll see you swabbies at the ship. You've got 'till sunup to gather your things and get going. If you're not there by sunrise, you get left at the docks."

DragonSong

Isabeau gave Revvil a sharp look. Already she could tell there might be some trouble with the chain of command.

Still, he seemed a willing enough sailor. They'd just have to make things clear on the ship, that was all. "See you at dawn," she said with a smile and a mock salute as she moved toward the door, nudging Gar's arm to get him to follow her.

Jounin64

As the two left Evangeline looks over to the draconian with a deadpan expression. "So you are joining then too, if you have a lot to pack I suggest don't even bother coming. The more that you own the more of a liability you are."

Evangeline looks down at her chains then back up to Revvil. "I never have any luggage to carry, and I don't need sleep, but orders are orders so I'll wait."

DaGlobster

Gar followed Isabeau out of the tavern, ducking out through the door behind her. Once they were clear of the place, he started to talk.

"Evangeline looks a pretty good addition. The Draconian looks like trouble, but I don't think he means it that much, either. If he had that much of a problem taking orders, he wouldn't be signing on as a crewman."

He patted Isabeau's shoulder, his massive hand pretty much covering it all.

"Ya did good, Cap'n."

DragonSong

She threw him a grateful smile. "Thanks, mate." Letting out a long breath, she rolled her shoulders and cracked her neck. "Yeah, I'm sure a few days on the ship will work out the kinks, whatever they are." All in all, not a bad evening.

"Let's get home," she said with a crooked grin, needing to feel the roll of the deck beneath her feet.

JackieCat

Revvil had nothing to pack either, everything he owned he carried on his person.  So as the Captain and First Mate left, he did so as well, though not to go home.

He walked the opposite way down the street as them, and entered the next tavern he came to.  He didn't need any sleep now, he had slept most of the day away, he would wait here with a drink until sunrise.

As a draconian, he didn't get drunk very easily, but it wasn't impossible, and after a few drinks his temper would be up.  Revvil wouldn't let that happen, not now, when being drunk could wreck his chance at a sailing job.

He sat down at the bar and ordered an ale.
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Jounin64

Evangeline watches as the last member of her soon to be crew left. Looking around she decides that there's no use in staying in the tavern, for she can't get drunk and even if she could, it would be unprofessional to show up piss drunk on her first day.

Walking out, the light blinds her for a second, just one more thing Evangeline has yet to get used to with her undead body. Looking around nothing seemed of interest. Spotting a nearby dock she decided to spend the time peacefully.

Sitting down at the edge, she dips one chain into the water. Without a line and rod to fish, her chains make a makeshift solution so she can pass the time.   

Tags: