Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Sleeping Garden.

Started by Anonymous, December 29, 2005, 03:26:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Hiding, always hiding. Playing sick had gotten to its limits and there was no way in hell she’d be caught in a dress unless it was absolutely necessary. As usual, Tarlaka was talking a walk through her favorite part of the garden and took a seat on a bench, right beside the roses, which were all withered up because it was winter. Tarlaka ran a hand through her bi-coloured hair and sighed slightly before crossing her angles and letting her elbows rest on her thighs. No one knew but Mephista and hopefully he didn’t tell anyone, she could just imagine the reaction if anyone here found out she’s never be able to look at anything again. Being female sucked. Tarlaka was dressed down today, she didn’t wear her metal breast plate since that didn’t really fit around the middle anymore, which really sucked, boots were there, but the metal that usually went around her thighs was gone, and her swords were nowhere to be seen. All she looked was fat in her black body suit.

Pulling her black wings close to her back and lowered her head slightly and pressed her hands to her face. She wasn’t dressed to well for winter, but luckily it wasn’t snowing. Tarlaka thought she was relatively safe out in the sleeping garden all on her own, who would go about here? Tarlaka wouldn’t if she hadn’t made this a daily thing, who knew that this would be such a hard decision? Bah. Tarlaka grumbled and pulled hands from her face and rested her head on them.

�This sucks, Denkou... You suck.�

She stated out loud, her voice muffled a little by the palm of her hand. So, Tarlaka sat there with a million things going through her head, looking a little pudgy around the middle. Would they believe her if she said she’s taken to midnight feasts? With her luck, they wouldn’t.

Anonymous

"Is there something the matter, little one?" A very calm collected and sincere deep voice asks Tarlaka as she appears as if she is sulking. The voice came from a rather unexpected sight. A minotaur. Ten feet in height even. As clear as day, a very large battle ax can be seen, strapped to his back. He appears to be missing his entire right arm. The hulking beast peers down at Tarlaka with baby blue eyes and a warm and gentle look on his face.
On route through his daily patrol, Denkou decided it was a good idea to take a detour today. Not many go through the garden, so it would be the best place for a theif or some assassin to enter. The garden itself is usually beautiful and full of life. Unfortunately, it is the time of the year when it's not.
"What's that?" Denkou stops when he could hear some voices off in the distance. He places his hand on the hilt of his sword and slowly moves in the direction of the voices.

Anonymous

The sound of a voice made Tarlaka jump up and grab for the sword, the one that she had left in her room because she didn’t think it very useful today. It took her a moment to fully grasp what he said, which wasn’t scary at all. ‘Little one’? Tarlaka blinked at this then looked up at him. Well compaired to him she was very little and she felt that weigh in on her as her head was completely pointed up. Balance was a good thing, and hers had been off lately. Tarlaka opened her black wings and felt them brush either side of the walk way, the thorns still in the rose bushed didn’t do much to the black feathers. With dark blue eyes, Tarlaka narrowed her gaze and looked up at the one armed minotaur.

�Who are you, and what are you doing in the gardens?�

She didn’t really want to know, but since she was a knight first and forever she thought she’d play twenty-one questions until an outfitted knight could come around and look intimidating. Tarlaka looked tired and sloppy and a little pudgy to boot. How very, very intimidating.

Anonymous

The minotaur smiles warmly when Tarlaka asks him a question. He places his hand on his chest, bows and says, "Forgive me for not introducing myself before interrupting your thoughts. I am Bullathra Hornadango and I am a traveller of this world. I've merely come to this lovely kingdom to pay my respects and honors. I come recently from the Kingdom of Serendipity with the same peace of mind."
His explanation sounds sincere enough and his appearance and gestures are rather polite. Perhaps Tarlaka can learn something from this gentle beast.

Denkou slowly peeks around the corner of the pathway to see Tarlaka seated on a stone bench with a large minotaur looming over her. With little time to think and quick reaction, Denkou rushes out into the open and simotaniously unsheaths his sword. He points the blade at the creature and demands reasoning.
"What in Adela are you doing in the gardens, Minotaur?"

Anonymous

The words of the minotaur made her look at him oddly and pull her wings to her back and listened. He seemed soft spoken and light hearted for such a … beast. Tarlaka probably looked ugly on the inside, if someone knew her, she was probably the heartless bitch with the funky hair. Tarlaka threaded her fingers over her lump for a moment before looking up and smiling slightly, it wasn’t that real, just a façade really.

�I’m Tarlaka…�

She trailed off and at the sound of footsteps and turned looked to see who it was. The sight made her jaw drop and to bend over a little, trying her best to hide the lump that was a deep dark secret only for Tarlaka to know until it was too late. Shit! Tarlaka moved away from him and was about to run back to the castle before she heard  him ask the same question to the minotaur that she did. She gave a sigh and trugged over to Denkou and put her hand over his where it was on the sword hilt.

�I just asked him that, he just wanted to pay his respect and honor. You’re a knight, you should understand that.�

Being this close was bad, and standing up, and being in a near skin tight black outfit. Crap, crap, crap. Busted.

Anonymous

Denkou couldn't control his blush when Tarlaka placed her hand over his. All he could do was lower his blade. He looked to Tarlaka's face while sheathing his blade.
"I'm sorry. I'll just continue my rounds." He notes before turning away. He didn't have time to look at Tarlaka, even as much as he wants to be around her. His duty was a little more important at the time. Halfway through his departure, the minotaur began to speak again,
"Forgive me if I cause such a commotion. I do not mean to get in between what you two have. I know my appearance causes a bit of intimidation, but do not worry about me. I mean no harm." Denkou stopped just to hear what the minotaur had to say. When he was finished, he continued off to finish his rounds without saying anything. After Denkou's full departure, Bullathra couldn't help but point at Tarlaka's stomach.
"Is it his?" He quietly asks out of nowhere.

Anonymous

A confused look passed across her eyes for a moment at his blush and she nearly rolled her eyes but didn’t at the last moment. That would have been rude and Tarlaka is only really rude when something really bothers her. Her blue bangs hung in front of her face and she wrapped her arms around her middle like it was cold out when Denkou passed her. Why was she hiding behind her hair? Tarlaka was hiding behind it, because she was looking through it to watch Denkou leave, which he stopped and waiting to do until the minotaur stopped talking. Tarlaka kept her arms around her middle and then whipped her head to the side when the large creature asked her something very, very simple… Which she didn’t clue in until she looked down to where he pointed… Well, crap. Denkou was to weirded out to notice her not in Uniform, but appearntly this guy here noticed it. Tarlaka sighed then sat down on the bench again, pulling her black wings to her back. Her blue eyes off in the direction that Denkou left, Tarlaka looked back at the minotaur or Bullathra as he said his name was and looked up towards his face. Well, that was the most of the secret she was hiding…  But Tarlaka wasn’t known for being loosed lipped about secrets.

“…We have nothing… And it isn’t his.�

That was a full out lie, because it was him, lucky Denkou. If anyone had been looking at Tarlaka, they could tell she was lying, she has gotten bad at it lately and appearntly didn’t know it. She pressed her knees together and lowered her head slightly, this was all going wrong! It wasn’t supposed to happen like this! Tarlaka wasn’t supposed to be having kids and she wasn’t supposed to be having the hots for anyone, she wiped an ungloved hand over her cheek roughly and it took her a moment to noticed she was ‘crying’ even though it was just tears, and no sobbing. It took her a moment, but she realized how alone she was and how much she actually didn’t link it.

"What made you think that? That it’s his?�

Just so he wouldn’t get any ideas, that maybe it actually was Denkous, even though it was. She decided to try and throw off the minotaur. Mostly to save her own ass.

Anonymous

"Because it's that obvious." Are the first words to come out of the minotaur's mouth after Tarlaka's question. He didn't give enough time for thought.
"I see no reason why you insist on hiding it. There's no avail when even myself can see what's going on. You need not worry about me though. Secrets to me are unspoken words. The life you are about to bring into this world is none of my business. Though, that young man has every reason to know. You should consult him before it's too late. You'll regret it otherwise." After his short lecture, Bullathra begins to walk off in the direction of the throne room. Along the way, his voice could be distinctively heard.
"Hope your people don't mind me paying my respects to your leader. I'm sure they are a marvelous person, judging by the miraculous kingdom under them."

Anonymous

Tarlakas face turned red and she kept her mouth closed and actually bit her tongue to keep from sputtering in anger. What did this thing know!? He obviously didn’t know that she was a knight and would probably get dismissed for getting pregnant. This really sucked. Tarlaka held her fists at her side and stood up, her wings flaring open and a rather angry look on her face. She wanted to yell at him, and curse him for telling her this. But she knew. Tarlaka sat back down and didn’t answer his departing statement. Heh. Screw him. Tarlaka crossed her arms and moped before she finally gave up and pulled her wings to her back, opening and closing them irritated at nothing unparticular besides her having to either get booted off or live with guilt. Because the lady knight didn’t want to think of it she let her feet take her, if she could, she’d take them off before they brought her to the last place she’d want to be. In front of Denkou. Tarlaka blinked confused for a moment and then looked down at her feet. Her breathing was heavy and her cheeks were flushed from the cold.

�D..Denkou, I have something to tell you…�

Oh what a wonderful start. If there was a large portable stone around, Tarlaka would have been glad to hit her head against it. In her mind the words ‘oh… dear gods this sucks’ ran through it over and over again. And to add to her already flushed cheeks, she just had to blush. Perfect. Instead of a stone, make it a sharp pointed object.

Anonymous

Denkou stopped when he heard Tarlaka. He didn't immediately turn around as expected. Instead he stood where he stopped. Didn't even bother turning around. He didn't want to expect what Tarlaka was about to say. He could be wrong and it would probably mess with him. She could be giving him an assignment. She could be confessing to him that she does love him. She even could reject him completely and move along. He left his mind blank and open for anything.
"Yes?" A single word escapes his mouth as he slightly turns his head to glance in Tarlaka's direction with one eye.

Anonymous

Tarlaka walked in front of him and then took another breath. ‘okay, you can do this, right?’ No. she couldn’t but she had to, Tarlaka lowered her head and clasped her hands together. Taking deep breaths, her head pounded like she was about to jump off a bridge, which in a metaphorical manner was quite true. Tarlaka noticed he wasn’t really himself, and she worried over that before she realized it was probably all her fault for dropping him like an old boot. Tarlaka looked at her thumbs then pulled at the hem of her shirt before rasping out non-sense. She looked down and noticed the bump was more notice able before she let go and took another deep breath.

�I…I…�

Had she ever been this embarrassed? Heat flooded her cheeks again and she closed her eye before she opened her mouth. Okay, it was the time of truth, if he didn’t want it either, she’d get rid of it, if he did, she’d have it then give it to him. Sounded fair to her. Tarlaka the heartless bitch.

�…I’m pregnant…and… And it’s yours…�

Okay, over and done with. Tarlaka took a step back and looked off to the side of the walkway, her arms across her middle, of course, trying to hide the evidence. If she had any luck at all, Denkou would think she was a lying cow and tell her to go something very foul with herself, and she could go on having a normal day life besides sneaking around and looking suspicious. By now, half the Castles maids and butlers probably would think her a thief if she hadn’t been a knight her so long.

Anonymous

Denkou watched Tarlaka walk out in front of him. Even then, he remained speechless. He watched her every action with much concern. Still no word from him. Once the news was spilled, the only reaction that was visible on Denkou was when his eyes widened substantially. She stepped back and looked off to the side while Denkou kept his shocked expression. After a moment, he finally shook off his expression and walked up to Tarlaka. Before she could know it, his arms were around her as he embraced her. She probably needs this more than he does.
"I'm sorry if I've ever been any burden on you." Denkou notes sincerely with a calm voice. He remained silent for the rest of the time he embraced Tarlaka.

Anonymous

She really didn’t want to let go of Denkou. It felt nice being hugged. His reaction wasn’t really what she had expected and so when he hugged her and said his few words she just stood there, shocked. Burden? Not much of a burden as it was an rather confusing time for her. Tarlaka, having never been pregnant before, had no idea what to do. She remember of course the cries of her mother when she was having her little sister, and wasn’t looking forward to that part. That is if Denkou wanted to keep it. She’d have to tell him of her ‘idea’ now before he gets to emotional over this stuff. Tarlaka drew away and pressed her hands to his biceps.

�Look… I don’t want it, I didn’t want a child and I still don’t. But if you want to raise it, if you want to keep care of it… I’ll have it. I’m sorry. But nothing would change the way I feel about this. It’s up to you.�

Tarlaka felt very small within that moment she talked, like she was stepping on a helpless bug she could have picked up and let flutter away. Secretly, Tarlaka wanted to see it grow up, but she didn’t want to raise it. She knew she’d be a bad mother, if there wasn’t a specific time in her shift to eat dinner she probably wouldn’t even do that. Tarlaka lowered her head and took a few steps back again, her feet together and her arms at her side.

�You don’t have to decide right now… I can leave and return to the gardens if you’d like some time alone.�

Her voice was soft and it was pointed at the ground, so it probably came out more like a mumble than anything. For a second, she dared flick her blue eyes to look at his, then back down, her eyes resting on that dumb little bump. If it wasn’t for that bump and that night she didn’t even remember, she’d be doing her rounds and teaching the trainees sword skills. But it happened, and she wasn’t.

Anonymous

When Tarlaka pushed away from Denkou and stepped back, he kept his eyes on her. When she laid the lines down, Denkou smiled. Before Tarlaka had a chance to step away, Denkou spoke up,
"I would love to. I always wanted to father a child. I'm sorry that you reluctantly have to put up with it though. I can't do anything about that." Denkou pauses a moment. to catch a brief glimpse of Tarlaka looking dead into his eyes. He looks down a bit himself.
"Your thoughts on the matter still doesn't change what I feel about you. If you don't feel anything, I understand." He finishes, still staring at the ground.

Anonymous

Tarlaka blinked up at him, one eyebrow quirked and the other down. Her face was the picture of confusion. What the hell? Was he smiling? This was the last reaction Tarlaka expected from someone like him, and she just stared up at him for a while. Letting out a soft sigh of relief, she closed her eyes for a moment before running a hand quickly over the growing bump. She’d get so fat. Tarlaka pulled her black shirt down and moved her wings before pushing her hair behind her pointed ear. So, she didn’t have to get rid of it, that was a load off her mind… Now she just had to yelp it out over rooftops and then go hide in a cave for six and a half months. Looking at the ground quickly she smiled slightly up towards Denkou.

�…Thank you… I didn’t really know what to do… So I kept it a secret… Then that stupid minotaur guilt tripped me into telling you.�

Venom laced her voice and her blue eyes looked in the direction the minotaur must have gone. Stupid thing! If it wasn’t for him she probably wouldn’t have told anyone and been done with it. No one would have to know her stupid mistake and no one had to get hurt by it, and no one would have to grow up without a mother. Tarlaka pulled at the hem of her black shirt again, and shifted from one foot to the other. She made no comment on her feelings for him because she honestly didn’t know, on one level she liked him, on another he was a pesky fly that buzzed around food…

“I’m going to go back to the garden… Unless you have something else to say?�

She chewed on the inside of her lip and waited, her hands, once again, pulled at the hem of her sweater, which probably meant she was either uncomfortable or felt naked without all the metal padding. It was probably the latter since she wasn’t used to not wearing it yet, and sooner or later, she’d even have to wear a dress.

Anonymous

Denkou slightly chuckled when Tarlaka mention the Minotuar guilt tripping her. He look at her with caring eyes and smiled again.
"I'm glad that he convinced you to say something. I would have been disappointed in you. What kind of commander doesn't take action on a situation when it's needed the most? I honestly don't see you slipping up like that. Not the Commander of the Adelan Knights." Now Denkou was being a bit coy with the idea, but he was beginning to make sense of the matter. Eventually, Tarlaka may begin to understand him a bit more with a little time. For now, he will go about his own way. He turns away and before heading off, he slightly turns his head to Tarlaka.
"I want to be there to watch our child come into this world, if not for moral support on your behalf. I want to help support you in ever way I can before then." And just like that, Denkou began to walk away, leaving Tarlaka to her thoughts on the matter.