Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

No Still Waters [DragonSong]

Started by Juno, January 27, 2016, 06:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

"Well if it puts you at ease at all it's very, very unlikely we'd ever run into one." She laughed, feeling bad for making him nervous. "Sorry Luca, I didn't mean to worry you."

DragonSong

"I'm not worried," he defended automatically. "Just...interested."

Juno

"Did you ever hear any stories about dragons? Or any land monsters?" she asked curiously.

DragonSong

Luca shook his head. "I don't really get the chance to talk to humans much, and none of my people ever seem to be interested in such things."

Juno

"Ah, well they're all pretty rare in most places anyway. Some people work with them or study them but to the rest of us they're mostly just stories," she explained, giving his hand a gentle squeeze as they approached the bank of the river. It wasn't exactly out of sight but nothing really was that close to the city.

DragonSong

"Well. That's good." He smiled a bit and squeezed her hand back automatically.

Juno

"Nah, just means you're really unlucky if you find yourself in a bind with one," she teased, sticking the tip of her tongue at him for a moment before pulling away to kneel at the water's edge.

She rinsed her hands gently, scrubbing the dirt from the road from her skin and wincing a few times for the tender scuffs along her fingertips from picking at the stones. "It's so cold," she mumbled in complaint, glaring at the beautiful, sparkling water beyond the bank.

DragonSong

Luca frowned, puzzled. "Really? Feels okay to me," he said easily, sliding his legs into the water up to the knee. His skin started to shimmer and he quickly stripped, slipping completely into the water as his tail formed, scales rippling up to his waist.

Juno

Awiergan watched him for a moment, brief amazement apparent on her face as she witnessed his transformation like it was new again. "I guess if you're in it," she decided, lifting her hands and shaking them briefly before sitting back to relax in the grass.

"Touching is just cold," she complained lightly, eyeing him curiously. "Good enough for you, though? Not too...unsalty?"

DragonSong

He chuckled and shook his head. "No, I'm quite comfortable actually."

Juno

"That's good," she huffed, rolling herself a little closer to the water's edge. "Would you be more comfortable sleeping here tonight?"

Juno

Her eyes widened slightly and she laughed, gesturing around them at the bank. "Here. In the grass. I'm used to it," she lied easily, knowing full well sleeping on the ground was one of the things she avoided most in the world. But for Luca it didn't seem like such a sacrifice to keep him company.

DragonSong

The merman frowned. "Are you sure? Really, I don't mind waiting for you here if you'd rather find some place more comfortable to bed down."

Juno

Awiergan hesitated at that, tilting her head to look back towards the city and the inn the horses were at. There was technically a room for them there but... "I don't want to leave you alone. This is a strange place for you," she pointed out, turning back to offer him a small smile.

DragonSong

He shrugged, smiling a little vacantly. "I don't mind, I don't want you to be uncomfortable."

Juno

"It's not that bad," she tried to defend, unfolding her legs to flop over onto her side and pat down the grass around her some. "Not uncomfortable, just a little...prickly."

Juno

Awiergan sighed and flopped her arm back dramatically, unsure what the right decision was. "Tell me this... Are you more comfortable sleeping in the water or on a bed?"

DragonSong

"Hmm." He tilted his head from side to side, brow furrowed. "I'm not really sure. When I have my tail, I'm more comfortable in water- so I guess I wouldn't really know," he chuckled.