Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

No Still Waters [DragonSong]

Started by Juno, January 27, 2016, 06:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

Awiergan pursed her lips, unsure if he was making fun of her with that or a genuine gesture. "Why? Nothing bad happened last time," she pointed out, ordering herself a huge mug of mead and taking a big gulp. She was going to make her one drink count.

DragonSong

He didn't say anything else, just chuckled and shook his head as he watched her.

Juno

Awiergan glowered at him for his silence but continued to drink, still leaning against the bar and a bit too proud to admit she was beat tired.

DragonSong

Luca was content to wait for her to finish her drink, looking around the room curiously as he did.

Juno

The man from the street quietly slipped inside, eyeing them from across the room before navigating the crowd to take a seat a little further down at the bar. There he silently watched them from behind a drink, careful not to stare too long but definitely not looking quite in place and drinking with a bit of impatience.

Awiergan didn't even notice, promptly hopping down from her seat once she was done and sulking off towards the hall they were staying in. "Can't believe you won't even drink with me," she complained lightly, pouting as she headed down to their room away from the noise of the tavern-proper. There she just flopped into bed fully clothed, curling into a ball and glowering at Luca.

DragonSong

The merman followed her with a quiet laugh, sitting on the edge of the bed. "I don't like alcohol." He scrunched his nose up at the thought.

Juno

"Ah." She sighed and rolled over, feeling a little queasy and clutching at her stomach with a muttered, "Sometimes I don't either."

Then she turned her head to him with a thoughtful look. "What do you think so far? Is the mainland what you thought it might be?"

DragonSong

"I don't know...parts of it are." He tilted his head and gave her a concerned frown. "Are you alright?"

Juno

"No, not really," she muttered, not wanting to lie when she was so clearly in discomfort. "Just aches. Had too much." She tried to shake it off with a small smile. "I'll be fine."

DragonSong

"...Alright." He shrugged and laid down on the other side of the bed. "You should get some rest."

Juno

With a low grumble she rolled over, content to listen to him for once. "All right, all right," she mumbled quietly, tossing an arm over her eyes.

There were two soft, slow knocks at the door then. Awiergan lifted her head, squinting at it from under her arm and pondering for a moment if it was a confused drunk or some legitimate business. Had Atlas and Shadow gotten loose somehow?

"Luca," she spoke slowly, brow furrowed as she dropped her arm and looked to him thoughtfully. "Could you see who that is? Probably nothing, just- If it's about the horses..." She trailed off, shaking her head distractedly in thought.

The man who'd been following them was on the other side, the urge to get a closer look at his prey too enticing to maintain his distance any longer. He had no means to harm the merman or even coerce him unless he might follow him on his word alone, but he operated under the assumption that he'd have an easier time capturing him later if he knew a familiar face.

DragonSong

"Oh. Sure." Rolling off the bed, he got to his feet and moved toward the door, one hand running through his hair while the other covered a brief yawn.

He opened the door and peeked out, eyes wide and curious. "Um, hello?"

Tags: