Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Past is Gone. Fight for the Present

Started by MischiefNotManaged, April 03, 2019, 05:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MischiefNotManaged

Nera side eyed the cigar before she shook her head and leaned back on the railing. Her new clothing did nothing to help keep her legs warm in the night sea breeze. It was far better than the rags she had been in that morning though. At the final words of Vailea, amber hues focused on the necromancer.

If she survived long enough? She could be free.... do what she wanted and go on her merry way.... It was a surge of hope that had her heart fluttering in her chest. She knew very well it could be years before such a thing happened. But there was a small urging in her head that told her she would be free before she grew old.

"I.... Very well. I see your point, and I will do my best"

@SanctifiedSavage

SanctifiedSavage

Vailea smiled a little and brought the cigar back to her own mouth. She scooted closer to her new guest, idly looking her over. The rest had done Nera well. "Good, then we should be able to get along." The lich stood just off to the side, one hand lightly resting on her hip.

"I think you mentioned something about being a half breed. What are you?" The lich liked hearing about people. Her long life was pretty much her collecting languages, stories, and interesting things. Sometimes people. In this case, she'd gotten the entire package. A whole new person to explore, who had new stories. "You'd mentioned something about hunting too, hm? What do you hunt?" The lich took a deep draw off her cigar and tilted her head to the side, so she wasn't exhaling directly in Nera's face.

@MischiefNotManaged

MischiefNotManaged

It was an expected question, and one she had no reason to hide anymore. Nera sighed, glancing sideways at the necromancer before fixing her eyes once more upon the calm, waveless water.

"Adelan and Serenian. Father fell in love with my peace time mother. Mother fell in love with my warrior, and hunter of a father. Both moved away from their city states and into the recesses of a small village in the mountains." She paused, glancing upward as a green wisp floated behind her and caste an eerie glow upon the ground.

"I was taught to hunt everything. Small game, big. Depending on the seasons. What was plenty and what was to be left alone. Father told me that a good hunter or huntress never merely relied upon what they sown in the ground. Showed me how to follow tracks, to guess the next move and what the possibility was. To study my game and know its movements, habits. One season it could be small game to fill our bellies. The next an elk large enough to feed half the town." She explained.

There was a warmth clawing in her chest. One that filled with pleasant memories of a life she once had had. Memories of her father, tall, dark as the sun, bright orange eyes bending down in the soil to show her the small footprints. Of the day she caught her first with a trap. Of the day when her father taught her how to respect a kill and thank it for what it would bring. Memories of her mother teaching her the small magic she had known. Of gardening in the sun and reaping their harvest.

Amber hues closed, and a melancholy breath left her lips. It was all she had now besides her looks, but it seemed it would give her every advantage she would need.

@SanctifiedSavage

SanctifiedSavage

Adelan and Serenian. That meant something to Vailea, only in that she knew what it meant. The impact of it though, was lost on her. What Vailea had been before she'd became a lich was lost to time and memory. Now, such labels seemed petty and entertaining. Did where someone was born really matter all that much?

To some, it did.

The relationships made mattered more to her. Fascinated her more. To hear Nera talk of it, though, it made it all seem so important. It likely was, because it was something meaningful in her so short life. Vailea had seen so many people come and go, had killed so many herself, that attaching emotion to others seemed... trivial. Something to entertain her for a time, to pass the time, but not something that she would likely carry on into the ages.

All the more reason to live and enjoy every day she had, because she likely wouldn't remember it hundreds of years from now.

The talk of hunting was equally entertaining. She spoke of killing animals like it was a sport. Did the girl understand the parallels of hunting ships? Likely not. Or how someone as long lived as Vailea might see those like Nera much like Nera saw the elk. Something to chase down and enjoy for a time.

The lich, however, opted to catch and release every now and then.

Vailea took another long inhale, feeling the sweet smoke fill her old lungs, and let out an equally long exhale. "You need a drink, girl. Come along." With the ghost of a grin, the lich turned on her heel. One hand on Nera's hip, tugging her along. Back to her cabin, where oil lights still flickered and cast dancing shadows. "And I won't let you say no to this." Cigars weren't for everyone, the lich could agree. But alcohol? That was just nature's way of being nice.

She guided Nera into her cabin and only then did she release the girl's hip, walking over to her large desk and sliding open the bottom drawer. Glass clinked. Vailea drew out one of the bottles and set it on the desk. "Care to open it?" she teased. It was a cork stoppered bottle. The girl might struggle some, but it wouldn't be too difficult. The captain pulled herself up, sitting on the edge of her desk, cigar in the corner of her mouth.

@MischiefNotManaged

MischiefNotManaged

The hand on her hip had her tensing. She breathed in deeply, forcing herself to relax and allow the Captain to lead her back. The dim light of the chambers settled her nerves. It was somewhat sad that the darkness she oh so hated also provided a sense of comfort.

Nera watched as Vailea walked over to her desk, pulling out a large bottle and handing it over. Amber eyes flickered from the bottle and the captain. There was an offer in the woman's gesture and while Nera had been a slave for five years she was not dumb. The woman frowned, her hands twisting the cork off the bottle with difficulty. It seemed she was weaker than she had thought from her months of solitude and being hung on the wall. Finally, the cork popped free as the scent of a sweet, fermented, alcohol filled the room.

Her nose twitched then. The smell not unappetizing but rather unfamiliar. Instead she handed it back over, a slight pant to her breath as she waited for Vailea's next move.
@SanctifiedSavage

SanctifiedSavage

It might've been cruel, but it entertained the undead to watch the girl struggle with the bottle. It really was the little things in life. A quiet reminder that the girl still had a long way to go before she was hale and healthy. When the bottle was opened, Vailea only extended her arm as much as was comfortable. Forcing Nera to close the distance between them so she could actually hand off the bottle.

Then Vailea knocked it back, taking a decent swing. It was a pilfered vintage of Adelan, but Vailea wouldn't have known that. All she knew was that it tasted good, burned well, and made her feel warm. Humming her approval, the lich then offered the bottle back to the girl. No glasses needed here. "Enjoy," she said as part of the offer.  Vailea also didn't extend her arm nearly as far as before, forcing Nera to close the distance between them even more. When the girl would more to take the bottle, Vailea would catch her hip and pull her even closer so the lich could continue touching her.

What fun was a pet when she couldn't pet her?

@MischiefNotManaged

MischiefNotManaged

She should have expected the captain to not move to take the bottle. With a silent sigh Nera stepped closer, handing over the glass bottle and watching as Vailea took a swig. There was a brief emotion of pleasure on her face as she did so, and the slave watched as the woman offered it back. The copper haired female sniffed the opening, low tones of spice and sweet fruit greeted her senses. With a small moment of hesitation she took a sip and forced herself not t choke at the sudden burn. It warmed her throat down into her stomach. Any chill she may previously had had disappearing with the alcohols presence.

The smell reminded her once more of home. Of the celebrations in her village and the old couples farm down her street. It was Adelan....

With a slow inhale through her nose Nera nodded and handed the bottle back. Before she could speak however her hip was grabbed. Pulling her in closer as the slave shuffled to keep her balance. The tingle in her stomach from earlier that day returned. The slow rise of fear crawling through her veins as questions ran through her head. She knew she was a slave still, why did the touch surprise her? Amber hues blinked rapidly as she forced herself to calm. She was strong. As far as she knew Vailea wasn't going to harm her. it was a weak hope and reality, but one she forced herself to repeat.

"It's good.. Summer wine. Usually drunken in festivals." Nera stated, holding the bottle up to inspect the faded label.
@SanctifiedSavage

SanctifiedSavage

It shouldn't amuse the lich so much to put people off their guard, but after living as long as she had, that was one of her little joys. What good was living forever if she was so predictable? One hand remained on her pet's hip while she watched the girl study the bottle. Apparently she knew what it was. "I should have you sample our other bottles then. See how expansive your knowledge of wine is," Vailea teased, eventually taking the bottle back so she could take another long drink.

Not that she hogged the bottle, though, offering it back after her drink. "I suppose it is fitting. Festivals are for celebrating, hm? And isn't that what we're doing? Your new home and my new pet." None of it was said with maliciousness. Vailea didn't have any intent to be particularly cruel – at least, not what she thought of as cruel. Her new pet might disagree.

Eventually, Vailea might have to see how good of a hunter her new toy was. The ship did occasionally pick up rats...

@MischiefNotManaged

MischiefNotManaged

Copper hair glistened in the firelight, careful eyes watching as she took another swig. Nera shrugged, letting her mind wander as she passed the bottle back.

"i suppose so" She mused. She was still a slave from any standpoint pet or not, but yet.... yet she had been given a freedom that was new... a freedom she could use to get her former self back.

"My family assisted with wine making during seasons... I suppose I could it its from my region" She offered.

@SanctifiedSavage

SanctifiedSavage

Vailea nodded a little and set the bottle, half empty now, on her desk slightly behind her. Any new information, no matter how seemingly mundane, was generally welcomed. That was rather her goal in life now. Travel, collect new things. Not all of it had to be material. At the moment, Nera and everything she represented and knew was Vailea's new thing. "Then there's the added bonus of getting to drink, hm?" the lich teased a little, guiding the woman in a more comfortable position in front of her. So they were more 'face to face' and less Nera leaning against Vailea. "Tell me about your previous servitude. What things did you have to do?" The lich was prodding about her life. Wanting to know what there was to know while her hands, seemingly having a mind of their own, traced up over Nera's hips, along her sides, and just under her breasts. Mortal flesh, even under cloth or leather, was warm. So very warm to the touch.

While Vailea didn't have any particular designs on Nera, she did rather enjoy touching her. The clothing, or lack there of, made that desire particularly easy. While Nera was her pet, it wasn't like she could object to too much. Though Vailea wasn't about to bend her over the desk and do anything too forceful. The lich didn't care to be that sort of master.

@MischiefNotManaged

MischiefNotManaged

The touch was startling. A shiver dancing up her spine as cool hands danced along her skin. It was uncomfortable, how close they darted under her breasts. The lack of clothing aiding in the easy access. The copper haired female averted her eyes, choosing to focus a little past where Vailea's pet had laid to sleep.

"Errands, chores.. there wasn't much they didn't allow me to do." she admitted. It was true. Nera was the slave that fought. She was the one who ran the errands, chores, no other slave wanted to. She had no choice, but she pushed through out of spite.

Her little clothing left nothing to the imagination. A fact that started to bring the realization that the little fabric she wore had a purpose besides eyecandy.

'She wants the warmth of a human that's alive...' she thought. Filing away that realization to herself Nera waited for her masters response.

@SanctifiedSavage

SanctifiedSavage

Vailea didn't mind making someone uncomfortable. Most were, when they realized her bronzed, sunkissed skin was not as warm as it appeared to be. There were a lot of things the lich could do to mimic being alive and well – she could sample a lot of things that made life worth living – but ultimately, Vailea was undead. Her head did not beat and blood did not run through her veins.

She listened to what her new pet had to say, filing that away as she had everything else. Chores. Hunting. Wine. What an interesting mesh of a person. Most people were, though.

So long as the skin was exposed by the spare clothing, though, Vailea was content to touch. That left a lot for her to touch, but she wasn't doing so aggressively. More like petting her with soft caresses.

"I don't really have anything in mind for you, while you're here. So long as you don't kick up too much of a fuss, you can do as little or as much as you want. Stay out of the way of the other crewmates and don't break anything. I think that's doable, hm?" One of her hands passed back down her side and around to her lower back, drawing her a little closer.

@MischiefNotManaged