Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Catch of the Day [m]

Started by Draconian, January 28, 2016, 02:12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconian

That was a heavy question.

What were they going to do?

It made his chest tighten and feel hollow.

Hydra sucked in his breath and let it out slowly, to keep himself calm. "The best we can?" He said in a husky whisper, fingers threading through Aura-Lee's hair. "Get off the boat? Live in a shack by the sea?" He snuggled her close, finding her contact comforting - even though its caused all these peoblems. "I dont know, Prettyfish. Live and figure it out, I guess."

DragonSong

The siren was quiet a moment, then she smiled. "That actually sounds pretty good to me," she murmured, trnug her head to kiss his chest.

"A little home by the sea, just...living. That doesn't sound so bad." She lifted her head and cupped his cheek in her hand, smiling.

Draconian

His heart ached to think about it.

Hydra's fingers drifted along where they rested and he sighed after a moment and snuggled her close. "Soooo," he paused, blinking down at her, "do you lay eggs?"

DragonSong

Aura-lee stared up at him, then laughed. "No, Hydra, we don't," she chuckled, shaking her head. "We have babies on land, remember? It's why we can trade fins for legs." She shrugged. "Of course, most mothers then immediately go back to the water. I've actually never heard of a half land-walker baby..."

Her eyes widened a bit. "Stars- wh-what if it can't breathe in the water? What if it can't make the transformation? What if it always needs to be half in the water or something?!"

Draconian

"Right," He remembered that. Sorta. Just... Fish had to lay eggs and... He sighed and Hydra squeezed his eyes shut, pursing his lips and giving her a confused look. Why were her eyes so wide? "Half in the water?" He tilted his head, "I don't understand, would we need to have like... A tide pool or something?"

DragonSong

"I don't know!" she wailed, covering her face with her hands. "I don't know, Hydra, I'm sorry."

She sniffled and slowly dropped her hands to stare at him. "...I get how this is scary now."

Draconian

A shrug.

"Well, that's what... learning is for," Hydra nuzzled against her and closed his eyes, "We'll figure it out when it comes to it, there's no use worrying about it now, is there?" He smiled, rolling over so that he was on his back and she was resting on top of him, his hands on her back, "we can't fix it yet, and we don't even know if there's a problem." He brought Aura-Lee's face down for a chaste kiss, "Sleep now and we'll be on shore and on land before you know it." He frowned for a moment, "Well, water for you sometimes."

DragonSong

She took a breath, then smiled and nodded slightly. "Right. Okay." She tucked her head under his chin, pillowed against his chest, and let her eyes slide closed.

She was asleep quickly, emotional and physical weariness setting in faster than she would have thought.

Draconian

Hydra drifted off to sleep not long after.

The passing weeks were simple enough. Wake up, work, go back to the room, either find Aura-Lee there or wait for her, make love to pass the time when he didnt feel like reading. The time onto shore seemed like it was too fast, Hydra wasnt ready.

Still, last port before they were out to sea for months and he'd feel guilty just dumping Aura-Lee and leaving. He thought about it though. Honest to goodness thought about it.

Scariest damn thing he'd ever done was take Aura-Lee off the boat and onto dry land. Everything still swam a little.

It was easy enough to find work in the little port town - Hydra was big and strong. Drew attention. He put Aura-Lee up in a boarding house while he worked, seeing her a little less often while he worked on their own little hut. Luckily there were things to buy and it was only a month or so of working himself to the bone before they had their own little one room hut by the beach.

He'd collected her the day the basics were finished.

"Well," Hydra started, voice rough, "I'm really not sure how to go about this. I know some places give rings and other places just... I dunno. Swap spit or something." He walked her up the hill, gazing at her very big tummy -  he was half terrified it'd explode - and there not too far away was the little home he built (with some help.)

"Will you marry me? I built you a hut."

DragonSong

Aura-lee would be lying if she said she wasn't terrified. It seemed that every day her belly grew larger, and after a month or so she actually started to feel movement in there. It was exhilarating, and at times she could look down and smile.

But mostly she was terrified. Hydra was almost always working, and when they did see each other it was mostly just to fall into bed, maybe make love, but usually just sleep wrapped up in each other.

Every day she was afraid he would walk away and not come back. Not because she didn't trust him, but because at this point nothing would surprise her. Another pirate attack, land slavers- whatever. And she would be too damn pregnant, not to mention bound to the sea, to go after him.

The boarding house was getting uncomfortable too. People were starting to ask questions, questions about why she was going down to the sea so often, and she was getting pretty big, didn't she want someone to go with her?

So when Hydra came to get her she was relieved to go. She clutched his hand tightly as he led her up the hill and stared up at his face, unable to help smiling a little bit as he kept glancing at her stomach.

Then her eyes widened. "Hydra." She stopped walking, tugging on his hand to get him to stop too. Her eyes were very wide and her free hand moved unconsciously to her belly. "Do you mean it?" she whispered, staring up at him, hardly even sparing a glance for the hut.

Draconian

Hydra blinked at her and frowned.

"Mean what?" A glance at the hut and he slowly knelt down in front of her, two hands right on her butt to hold her close and two smoothing over her stomach. "It's been a while," He started, voice husky, "I'm... Probably not cut out for any of this but..." He shrugged, looking away, ashamed of himself.

"I..." Hydra sighed and leaned forward to press a kiss to her belly, then turned his head to rest his cheek on it, "I want to be there for you and... " He wasn't ever really able to say 'the baby'. It was too weird. Strange. Words he didn't think he'd ever have to worry about saying. "I'm probably not going to be very good at it but... I'd like to try. With you. So..." He kissed her tummy again, nuzzling it before he stood up and cupped her cheek.

"Will you marry me? Do Siren's marry? It's a human thing and neither of us are human, I kinda just thought it would be the right thing to ask, since you're... Y'know. Expecting. I'm not leaving you, either way." He glanced to the modest home and smoothed his thumb on her cheek before dipping down to give her a kiss on the lips. "Besides, if you're mine forever, i get to have you forever and your little passionate streak still has a lot of exploring left to do."

DragonSong

"Oh, Hydra..." Aura-lee took a deep breath as he felt her chest tighten. She ran her hands through his hair, holding him gently to her. She stroked his cheek, smiling as her eyes started to well up when he kissed her tummy again.

"Yes," she whispered. Then he was kissing her, she was crying- stars, she was so emotional lately!- and she had his face cupped in her hands. "Yes, Hydra, yes!"

Her belly was too big for her to hold him as close as she wanted, but she sure gave it her damndest, wrapping her arms tight around his waist and hiding her face against his chest.

Draconian

Hydra chuckled at her excitement.

"You'd think I was giving you more than me and a hut," He said softly, nuzzling into her hair. Hydra sighed, "I can't offer you much." He frowned slightly, looking away, "But I'll always love you and our baby."

DragonSong

"I know, I c-can't help it, I'm sorry," Aura-lee laughed through her tears. "Stars- I can't stop crying!"

She beamed up at him, cupping his cheek in one hand to guide his gaze back to her. "I love you," she murmured. "I will always love you."

With a smile, she guided his hand to rest on her belly as she felt the baby shift slightly.

Draconian

Oh no.

Tears.

Tears were bad, right?

Hydra cupped her face and kissed her tears before nuzzling into her hair and smoothing his hands down her back, while one was cupped against her tummy. He felt his child shift and he pulled back with a gasp, eyes wide before he kissed the top of Aura-lee's head.

"You have awful taste in men," He said, voice husky, "None of this would have happened if you weren't curious."

DragonSong

Aura-lee suddenly curled her fingers over the waistband of his pants and jerked him closer, kissing him almost harshly.

"Don't say that," she whispered fiercely. "Don't you say that. I'm so, so glad I met you. I love you. I love our baby." She kissed him again, pressing as close as she could.

Draconian

A surprised noise and Hydra was pulled down for a kiss that he melted into, eyes fluttering closed and dare he say it, he almost felt taken advantage of. Finally his eyes opened and he looked down into hers, blinking down at her.

He was about to say something but she kissed him again and his words fled him. Eagerly he returned the kiss, breathing hard through his nose before he pulled away and gave a small smile. "I dunno, do I get kissed like that every time I say it? 'Cause I might choose to more often in that case."

DragonSong

The siren frowned and mock-growled at him, crinkling her nose.

She really wanted to kiss him again. Maybe more. Definitely more. In fact, her body seemed to be demanding it.

Stars being pregnant was exhausting! She went from sobbing to furious to wantonly desperate within seconds.

Knowing that didn't stop it from happening. She leaned up for another kiss, wrapping her arms tight around his neck. "Take me home?" she murmured with a small smile. "You can show me what you've built..."

Draconian

Hydra grinned wide.

He liked when she wrinkled her nose at him. That cute angry stubby nose. It was an effort not to reach up and poke it. The next kiss caught him off guard and his top arms flew up to keep his balance, the other two remaining on her hips. With vigor, he returned the kiss, hands moving back to hold her back and he pulled away with a silly smile on his face.

"Show you what I've built?" He said, voice husky, with little effort he lifted her up, one arm behind her shoulders and the other under her knees. It was easier if he just carried her.

Close to the beach, the little hut was... Well. Modest.

It was mostly a one roomed shack, but it had a roof that didn't leak and there was -surprisingly - no holes in the walls. For now. Hydra had done his best. The door was opened easily, on one side of the room was a metal tub for baths. Behind that was a stone fireplace and a pot for cooking - could Aura-lee cook? - and then across from that was a bet.

Probably the nicest piece of furniture it the place.

Hydra had always found that an awful bed made for an awful day.

So, Hydra placed Aura-lee on the bed and moved to stand in the middle of the room. "It isn't much but I figured that once I get a job or... Materials... I can add to it, should we need the space," He said, glancing down at her rounded belly.

DragonSong

Aura-lee squeaked slightly when he scooped her up, then smiled and nuzzled into the curve of his neck and shoulder.

She looked around at their new home curiously as they entered, eyes wide and lips parted slightly. When Hydra placed her on the bed, she sat up with one hand brace to her side and the other resting lightly on the swell of her stomach.

She beamed at him. "It's perfect." Moving her hand from her tummy to reach out toward him, she murmured, "C'mere. I wanna kiss you again, but getting up is too much work."