Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Catch of the Day [m]

Started by Draconian, January 28, 2016, 02:12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconian

"Oh, Aura-Lee," Hydra whispered, bringing his hand up to wipe away her tears and he sighed and snuggled into her, curling his arms around her and their child.

"Hydra-Lee?" He teased, closing his eyes for a moment and snuggled in against her, looking up at the ceiling when he opened them. "I don't know. I never thought I'd have children. Squirt? Ocean? Barnacle." Hydra sighed and snuggled them against him, "He doesn't need a name, he can just be Baby."

DragonSong

The siren pressed closer against his body, smiling through the last of her tears as she teased the baby with a finger and he grabbed hold, grip surprisingly strong for such a tiny thing.

"He needs a real name, Hydra," she chuckled, shaking her head slightly. "I don't know... With merfolk, sometimes we take our names from our parents," she mused softly. "My mother's name is Morrigan, and I have a sister called Morgana. Things like that..."

Draconian

There was a pause and Hydra made a noise. A little tilt of his head and he nuzzled into Aura-Lee's hair, eyes falling closed. "So..." he looked at the weird little baby, of course there was instant love the second he saw him. 

Still. Little four armed green baby was weird.

"Morgan then?" His voice was husky, looking at the strange boy, head tilted before he rested his chin on Aura-Lee's shoulder. Curious. "Why are you Aura-Lee if everyone is some form of 'mor'?"

DragonSong

"Morgan." She smiled as she looked down at their son, his little scrunched up face and constantly fussing arms. "I like that."

With a small chuckle, she twisted her head to kiss Hydra's cheek and explained, "Not everyone gets their name that way. My other sister is called Selina, and my brother is An'dar. It's normally the eldest child who takes their name from one of the parents."

She dipped her head to kiss the baby's brow and he wriggled, grabbing the finger she offered with one of his lower hands. "I think my mother would have liked that. Having a grandchild named for her."

Maybe her first grandchild- she hadn't seen her family in months, but as far as she knew her siblings had yet to choose mates of their own. Kind of ironic, really.

Draconian

A kiss was pressed to her neck and he nuzzled at her, his hand moving up and down her stomach. Tried not to think of anything else but the family in his arms.

"Thank you," he whispered at her, breath calm, "you've given me a gift i never thought possible."

DragonSong

She looked up at him, grief still in her eyes but slowly being overshadowed by a wondering sort of light. "Hydra, don't thank me," she whispered, nuzzling into his neck. "Stars, I- this should have been-"

She sighed and kissed his collar. "Don't thank me," she repeated. "He's our son. We did this together." She tilted her head a bit as Morgan- she liked the name- squirmed and whimpered quietly. One hand sought her finger again while two flailed in Hydra's direction, tiny fingers searching.

Aura-Lee chuckled softly and kissed the baby's temple. "He might be getting hungry," she murmured.

Draconian

Hydra reached for the tiny hands and marveled at how tiny they were compared to his own. Was Hydra just large or was the baby just tiny? His breath caught when he felt the tiny hands squeeze his own. "You did most of the work," He whispered, kissing her below her ear, " I just got all the fun parts." Hydra leaned back before he moved a hand over Aura-Lee's torso, fingers pressing against her side and watching her, "Well, I can't feed him," He teased, looking down at their... Child.

They had a child. He had a child. Hydra stared at his little family in wonder, leaning in again and kissing Aura-Lee's forehead, then Morgans.

DragonSong

Aura-lee smiled as the baby seemed to settle some, one hand gripping Hydra's finger and another curling in her hair.

"Alright, little one, c'mere." She held him to her breast until he latched on and settled herself back against Hydra's chest. "He's just...so perfect," she murmured, turning her head to smile softly at her mate.

"He needs clothes," she noted with a small frown. "And- and a proper cradle? Blankets?"

Draconian

Perfecf?

Hydra knew better than to say anything, not in front of Aura-Lee but he thought it. The child looked too much like him to be perfect. Green skin. Four arms. Hydra pressed a kiss into his love's hair, smoothed one hand over her belly in circles and the previous kiss turned into nuzzles.

"I can get those," he said softly, kissing her shoulder. "Hungry little thing," he whislered, caressing a chubby cheek. Maybe he thought the child wasn't perfect but for those same reasons he knew thats why Aura-Lee did.

"How are you feeling? Sore? Does anything hurt?"

DragonSong

Aura-Lee chuckled a bit and settled back more comfortably against him. "Honestly, I'm kinda sore everywhere," she murmured. "But I'm alright."

The baby finally seemed to be satisfied and she lifted him up a bit, settling his head against her shoulder. He was just so tiny, she couldn't stop marveling at him.

Her hand stroked down his back to his chubby little leg, playing absently with his toes. Tiny toes...

"Oh!" She sat up quickly, startling the child into a quick wail before she cradled him against her chest and shushed him gently. "I- I have to-" She tried to stagger to her feet, stumbling a bit and wincing as she did. "Water. What if he needs water? I have to-"

She started toward the door, still swaying slightly.

Draconian

Hydra jolted as sure as the baby did.

Was she leaving?

Dread crawled up his chest to settle in his throat when she moved. "Aura-Lee," he said softly before standing up and chasing after her. Easily she was scooped into his arms and he cradled her while she cradled Morgan. To the water.

The storm had cleared and Hydra nuzzled into his pretty fish's hair. A kiss to her cheek. "To the water," the moon was bright and the ocean was calm. Slowly he walked to the ocean, stepping in until finally Aura-lee was partly submerged. "I forgot how beautiful you were," he whispered, looking at her bathed in moonlight before moving in for a kiss.

"I'm sorry I couldn't do anything," he whispered before he moved his arms from under her knees, keeping his other ones firm on her back.

DragonSong

Aura-lee squeaked as she was scooped up, clutching Morgan tighter reflexively. She automatically relaxed into his arms though, almost involuntarily, so used to that reaction when he held her close.

"Thank you," she whispered as he carried them to the water's edge. Her cheeks colored when he called her beautiful and she kissed him back softly as her legs began to shimmer, then fused together into her tail, glimmering gently in the moonlight.

"I love you so much, Hydra," she murmured, pressing her forehead to his. "Please don't say sorry, please. This- it's all my fault. Please don't be sorry..."

Tears began to trickle down her face, but she turned her head to let her hair fall forward in an effort to hide it as she carefully lowered Morgan into the calm surf. One hand supported his head as she tucked him into the curve of her tail.

A normal child probably would have protested the shock of the cold water, but Morgan just blinked down at it with wide eyes. Slowly, very slowly, she saw his chubby little legs seem to lock at the knees. A glimmer of amethyst touched his green skin, the hint of scales, toes lengthening and growing webbed.

Draconian

Well shit.

He had himself a little mermaid family.

Hydra had only let go of Aura-lee's legs so they could be in the water. He kept two of his arms against her back, one resting at her hip and the other resting at her ribs. The water was bitterly cold but Hydra didn't care. He needed to protect his family.

For an irrational moment he worried that she'd swim off with his son. Go live somewhere under the sea together. Find her family again. Hydra pressed a kiss to her temple and watched as his son's lower half turned into, well. Fish bits.

"Well, ain't that something," He said softly wondering just how the rest of his life was going to go. He had to support them. He'd have to make them things. Buy them things. He'd already failed. The baby had nothing or next to it.

"I don't know what to do, Aura-Lee,"He whispered, looking up at the sky before he nuzzled down into her hair, "I never pictured my life like this and i'm at a grand loss as to what I'm supposed to do now."

DragonSong

It took longer than his mother's transformation, but after a minute or so Morgan had a chubby little tail of his own, glittering with deep purple scales. He slicked his tail fin in the water, sending droplets arcing through the air, and made a gurgling sound that seemed rather pleased.

Aura-lee leaned into Hydra's side as she watched him, careful to keep the length of her tail curled around him in a protective barrier while her hands supported his tiny body. She twisted her head slightly to look at her mate, biting her lip.

"I...I don't know," she murmured. "I don't know what to do either." She sighed and let her head rest against his shoulder. "I could...get a job? The woman at the inn said I could come to her if I needed work- but someone has to look after Morgan."

She stroked the baby's tail absently and two of his arms flailed a bit, splashing gently in the surf.

With another quiet sigh the siren twisted her head to kiss Hydra's neck. "We should go back in," she murmured. With a guilty wince, she added, "You must be freezing."

Draconian

He was cold. He was aware he was cold. Still, he was numb to it and he just smiled down at her before he kissed her on the forehead and giving a sigh. A glance down at their strange four armed mer-baby and he closed his eyes and tipped his head back to the sky. Had all of this been a mistake? Was this the way things were going to be?

Hydra nuzzled into Aura-Lee's hair before he sighed heavily. " I could go on a boat." He said softly, "Set you two up here, you'd be without me but... I'd get half my pay and you'd have it for Morgan. And when I get back there'd be another." He closed his eyes and held his family close, at a loss of what there was he could do. "I'd be gone for periods of time but... It'd be honest work. You'd be safe. You could stay with Morgan."

DragonSong

"No." Her voice was soft but firm, thrumming through her chest the way it did when she sang, though without the same intention. She met Hydra's eyes fiercely and pulled Morgan up out of the water to hold him to her chest. The baby fussed a bit but settled against her when she stroked his back.

"No, Hydra. We stay together, whatever that means." She twisted a bit and reached up to cup his face with one hand, leaning in for a soft kiss before letting her brow just rest against his. "I love you," she whispered. "Both of you. So much. I don't-"

She didn't want to trade the safety of one for the other. Did that mean she was a bad mother? Surely she should be trying to do anything to protect her child, and what Hydra said made sense. Aura-lee gave a shuddering sigh and curled up against her mate's chest, their son tucked securely against her own.

"We can...talk in the morning? I'm so tired, Hyrda, please...let's just go home?"

Draconian

"Right," He said.

Hydra's voice was solemn and he looked down at the ground. The water. The sand. How was he going to provide? Carpenter? He cradled his prettyfish and his child to his chest and slowly made his way back to shore, watching with interest surely as the water went away so did her tail. Their tails.

Fuck his life. Hydra nuzzled into Aura-Lee's hair and breathed deeply, taking in the scent of ocean and her and child and... So much.

"We'll talk in the morning," He confirmed, walking back home. Feet sinking into sand and making sure to drag them over grass so he didn't track sand through the house. Once they were inside he set Aura-Lee down on the bed on a spare blanket. Using it to wipe off the sand and water. He kissed her knees while he was bent and her arms. Pressed kisses to Morgan's fat new cheeks. Finally, he kissed Aura-Lee and sighed deeply before fixing the bed and trying not to think about the events. About tomorrow. How tomorrow was going to work. Or wasn't.

"Get some sleep," He whispered, tucking her in and giving her a kiss on the forehead. "I love you, okay? I love you and our new family and we'll figure something out."

DragonSong

Aura-lee snuggled more securely into Hydra's arms as he carried her, feeling Morgan wriggle his tiny legs as his and her scales melted away.

She was so wrapped up in staring at the tiny creature in her arms that she hardly noticed Hydra laying them back into bed. She responded to his kiss though, curving her body toward him and reaching out to curl her fingers around his wrist.

"I love you so much," she murmured sleepily. "It will...everything will be okay?" It was meant to be a reassurance, but it came out as more of a question. Hearing that, she winced slightly and curved her body more protectively around her son. "It'll be okay..."

Draconian

Hydra didn't know if it would be okay.

Could he tell her that? Could he worry her with that? Was it worth it? Obviously having a child was tough, having two and having the other one... Hydra looked down at her before he knelt fully beside the bed. His finger tips grazing her forehead, pushing her beautiful hair from her pale skin. What fate had he subjected her to?

If he hadn't been stupid. If he hadn't let lust and foolishness overcome him none of this would have happened. That would be a terrible thing to say though. It would make her sad and maybe she'd cry and... Hydra was spiraling. He rested his cheek on the bed beside her shoulder and looked up at her.  "I'm sorry," He whispered, "I'm sorry I couldn't protect you and morgan and..." He squeezed his eyes shut, "I'm sorry I'm not wealthy. Aura-Lee, I'm so sorry I can't set you up for life. That there will be struggles and things will be hard for a while. But I'll figure it out."

Hydra sucked in a breath and kissed her forehead, opening his eyes again and angrily brushing at the frustrated tears. They stung. He couldn't remember the last time any sort of angrily salt water came out of his face and he frowned and just turned his face into the bed. "I'll make sure it's... Okay. It'll be hard sometimes but I love you. Okay? If I have to go get a job somewhere I'll send money back for you two. You'll be taken care of as best I can. I promise."

DragonSong

The siren stared at him for a long moment in silence, fighting back tears of their own. How could he do this, blame himself like this, it was all her fault, all of it, how-

Aura-lee took a shaky breath and leaned in to kiss his forehead, then his cheeks, kissing away the trail the angry tears had left behind. Eventually, she let her lips brush against his softly, one arm curled protectively around Morgan while the other reached up to circle her mate's shoulders and pull him closer so she could rest her brow against his.

"I love you," she whispered again. "And we can figure this out. Together." She kissed him again, gently, sweetly, letting the touch linger. Her heart still ached for the loss of a baby that was never really hers, but she was determined to love the family she had here in her arms as much as she possibly could.

"Come to bed?" she whispered pleadingly. "We...can talk in the morning. About all the rest. Just come to bed, please."

Tags: