Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hunter and Hunted [Glob] [M]

Started by DragonSong, February 03, 2016, 05:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

"Oh, uh..." He rubbed the back of his neck, grinning sheepishly. "No need for all that, Miss. It's really no trouble, I'd be heading this direction anyway. Haven't hunted up this way in a while."

DaGlobster

"Wow, you're pretty set on not accepting my thanks, aren't you?" Stygia teased, and she crossed her arms as she walked.

"A lot of guys would love to have my gratitude."

DragonSong

"No no, that's not what I meant!" Theoden said hurriedly, face heating again. "I just, uh, don't want you to be beholden to me. Or something." Ducking his head, he mumbled, "I appreciate your gratitude. Really."

He just wished she would quit crossing her arms like that. It was drawing his gaze to a place he really should avoid looking at.

DaGlobster

"I don't feel beholden to you," Stygia said, and she managed a smile.

Gods, this one was thick, wasn't he?

"Folks've got all kinds of ways of showing their gratitude."

DragonSong

"Well. Um. Good," he mumbled, looking away. His face was positively on fire. Sighing, he ran a hand through his hair and said quietly, "Look, I- I'm sorry about- well, I'm not really good with people, and I'm sure I'm just coming across as this crude dunce-"

He snapped his mouth closed, going even redder, if that was possible. "And now I'm babbling. Sorry." He sighed again, dragging his hand down his face. Perfect. Just perfect.

DaGlobster

"Shh," Stygia said, and she just put her finger on his lips.

"You talk too much."

She stood up on the tips of her toes and left a kiss on his cheek.

DragonSong

How he hadn't actually caught on fire at this point was a complete mystery to him.

Where before he'd been babbling, now he was rendered utterly speechless, gaping at her in silence. When his voice finally returned, all he could manage was a spluttered, "U-um...right. Sorry. I'll...shut up now."

DaGlobster

Stygia giggled, and pat his cheek where she'd kissed it.

"Don't go burning down the forest."

She stepped to the side.

"Lead the way?"

DragonSong

"Lead the-? Oh! Yes, right." Turning on his heel, he set off at a rather brisker pace than he'd been walking before, willing the heat in his face to calm down.

"It shouldn't be much further," he said over his shoulder, trying to restore some normal conversation. "We'll be there well before sunset."

DaGlobster

"Excellent. We'll have time to make camp and bed down," Stygia said.

She kept pace next to Theoden.

"Are all wood elves as tall as you?"

DragonSong

Make camp? He supposed he should have been expecting that- after all, she'd probably want a few days to explore the ruins. But we? Would she really want his company that long.

Shrugging it off as something he could address later, he glanced down at her and smiled a bit. "Most are," he answered with a soft chuckle. "It's not exactly a requirement though. And I believe I'm rather on the tall side, even for a wood elf."

DaGlobster

"It's rare to find an elf bigger than most orcs," Stygia mused.

"You brought a bedroll, right?"

DragonSong

"I- yes," he answered, a little startled by the abrupt question. "But, I mean- I only have supplies to make camp for one. I wasn't exactly expecting company." A thought struck him and he mused, "But you're a sorceress, right? Can you, I dunno...magic up a tent or something?"

DaGlobster

Stygia waved the issue away.

"Oh, no bother. We'll just share."

DragonSong

Theoden choked on a breath. "Um, are you s-sure?" he stammered out, looking at her with wide eyes. "I mean, I don't mind exactly, but that doesn't seem entirely appropriate..." She was some fancy learned sorceress, she shouldn't be sharing a bedroll with a common hunter.

DaGlobster

Stygia gave him a look. Of course, he didn't mind.

"Well, it wasn't appropriate to offer you a night with me as payment for helping me out, but I still did," she said, and then smiled.

"Besides, the nights get cold around here. The extra warmth'll work wonders."

DragonSong

"Well, yes, I suppose that's true," he mumbled, flushing at the reminder.

Mercifully, they had almost reached their destination. He stopped a few lengths away from the glen and looked at her. "Does this seem like the right place?" he asked, gesturing at the masses of white flowers ahead of them.

DaGlobster

"It does," Stygia said, and she knelt down to examine a flower. Angular petals, like she'd said.

"Let's find a spot for camp."

DragonSong

Theoden nodded, glancing around. Moving toward the shadow of a large tree without too many protruding roots. "Will this do?" he asked, looking at Stygia. It was sheltered by the tree's branches, and the ground was clear enough for a small fire.

DaGlobster

"That'll do just fine," Stygia sai, and she looked back to Theoden. She stared u;p at him, trying to catch his eyes. She smiled.

Tags: