Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

How to Tame a Madman [Goblin]

Started by Juno, February 14, 2016, 08:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

Laughter. So she mocked him now, did she? He just stared at her as she dropped into a bow, snorting and flaring his eyes wide as he realized she was actually thanking him. For snatching her out of the town. For carrying her home. For planning to make her life a living hell. That was rich.

And then came the hug. She was far too small to get her arms all the way around him, of course. Thankfully. But as he felt the light pressure of her arms against his leg and heard her further praise and thanks he truly had to wonder how badly he'd shaken her up for her to think any of it was remotely okay or normal or safe.

'So I have chosen an insane human,' he observed, laughing quietly. 'Poor girl.'

Sticking his foreleg out awkwardly he tried to shake her off, albeit gently. There was no use thrashing her against a wall or anything. Yet.

Stepping away from her and easily climbing into his nest he curled up towards the back of it and let his neck rest over the side to peer down at her. It was a sturdy yet ever-changing structure and the dragon took care of its maintenance nearly every day.

At its base was a pile of rocks and small boulders with massive branches mixed between. All manner of plants weaved between it all for padding but at its core was a guilty pleasure of human luxury. Piles of stolen blankets, pillows, and furs formed a thick cushion for him to rest upon.

'What makes you think you hold my favor, child?' he asked, eyes twinkling with mirth. He had to admit that it at least was mildly entertaining to interact with this strange halfling.

GoblinFae

"Eh, we're all a bit insane anyway," she replied, unfazed by his musings as she dropped away from his leg. Eireann was fascinated by his nest though. She desperately wanted to run up and crawl right into it. Instead she approached it with caution and viewed it without touching. "Well for starters you haven't crunched my bones, incinerated me into a crisp, squashed me into jelly, or dropped me off the mountaintop all the while you've carried me to your home with rather gentle care so I'm thinking things are looking on the upside right now if you don't mind my saying.

"Did you make this by yourself?" she finally asked, unable to refrain from asking as she finally crouched to inspect the outer structure with keen interest. "It's wonderfully built. Are the boulders uncomfortable? Did it take you a long time? Is the maintenance and upkeep of it rather difficult and time-consuming?"

Eireann fired off question after question as her eyes flickered from detail to detail with a child-like delight. She was unaware even of the possible danger she placed herself in both in being so close to the massive creature and in possibly irritating him with all her questioning.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

The dragon twitched at her volley of observations and questions. She spoke so quickly and with such certainty that he was beginning to feel quite the guest in his home. And that just wouldn't do.

Laying lazily over the top, he twisted his head upside down to study the outer edge she was taking such an interest in. He was curious how long she could maintain a facade of interest in something so simple and plain as a dragon's nest.

'Of course I did. It's a nest and it takes a lot of work, but it's an ongoing process,' he mused. 'Not that you will ever see any of it, of course.'

Rolling over to right himself, Xibalba added, 'Flattery won't save you from your fate, child. No need to act like you've never seen one before.'

Sitting back on his haunches he peered down at her, just taking a few moments to stare at the odd human. She was already so different from the defiant girl he'd seen in the village, somehow reduced to a curious child when placed in the den of a dragon. For now there was no reason to kill her.

GoblinFae

Eireann shrugged nonchalantly, completely unfazed by his continued threats as she did not find them particularly frightening. Instead she went about finding a way to climb into the nest carefully so as to not destroy its construction with her own clumsiness.

"Well no I haven't ever seen a nest like this before. Lyrsa is much smaller than you and her nest consists more of blankets and other soft things she's hoarded over the years rather than your more natural creation. I mean the size difference has to make it more difficult for you and therefore your feat rather remarkable," she commented moments before she threw herself towards the rim of the nest and hoisted herself into the other side of it to flop onto her back.

"I mean look at you," the woman stated, pointing at the dragon's massive chest. "One of your scales has to be the size of my palm whereas one of Lyrsa's is probably the size of the pad of my finger." She lifted her index finger to demonstrate just what she meant. "For you to create something as massive and quite comfy might I add, to withstand your generous size then that is indeed something worth recognizing don't you think?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

He merely rolled his eyes at her explanation of the small dragon's nest. It sounded absolutely pathetic. It seemed more like something some human's pet might do: build a nest purely of blankets. That just would never do for something that needed to withstand the elements like his. It seemed like a bed better suited for his human avatar's comfort.

As she climbed up he leaned his head towards her, scrutinizing the path she took for any disturbance she might cause to the construction of his nest. He shifted a few things around once she was down inside of it, adjusting a branch here and there before he sat back and peered down at her gestures with her tiny, human hand.

'Recognition... Perhaps,' he finally agreed, leaning down to snort a bit of smoke in her face.

'I hope you don't plan on staying in here for long. You are welcome to look. To admire. Not to sleep. It's not big enough to share,' he complained even though it left him plenty of room to sprawl out whatever way he liked and was big enough for even another dragon of his size.

GoblinFae

She took no notice of his adjusents as she remained too focused on gettin herself settled comfortably and untying the small pouch attached to her belt. "Yeah, yeah," she muttered dismissively without looking up at te giant beast. "I highly doubt that's actually the case. It's not like you're even all that fat to begin with. In retrospect I'm sure you could fit two of you in here and all three of us would still be quite comfortable."

Once the pouch which fit quite comfortably into the palm of her hand was retrieved, Eireann then reached her arm in up to her elbow before withdrawing a rather thick and soft blanket that smelled fire and forge smoke, home for her.

"You know I really must thank you though. I mean you at least had the decency to torch the place before I paid for a room there. This way at least I don't have to waste my coin in lousy accommodations. That would have been a bitch let me tell ya. They always charge you out the rear for the tinest room and get off making it out to be fit for kings. Can you believe that shit?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

He tilted his head curiously as he witnessed the retrieval of a human-sized blanket from a very, very small pouch. It seemed it was bigger on the inside than it was the outside. It was downright unnatural and he could only assume she possessed some great, powerful magic. Perhaps she might have her uses after all.

'I don't know, I don't rent human places,' he admitted, knowing full well he was used to just taking what he wanted or maneuvering himself into whatever temporary accommodations he needed. 'But it needed to be burned, so I suppose you've simply reaped the benefits of my hard work. Congratulations.'

Turning his attention back to their sleeping situation, though, he prodded at the blanket with his muzzle. It had an interesting and quite pleasant scent that was actually fairly soothing to him, but he couldn't quite place why. 'How did you do that? Where did you get that from? Is...your bag a portal to somewhere else?' he guessed, knowing such things could exist.

GoblinFae

Eireann eyed him warily as he nuzzled at her blanket. Although her firsthand experience with dragons was rather small, she knew well enough from Lyrsa that they were creatures that luxuriated in comfort to the point of full-blown hoarding of the things that made them happy. Lyrsa loved soft bedding and had often taken the opportunity to divest Eireann and her father of any and every piece of soft cloth she saw fit. In fact Eireann's current travel blanket had been such a piece that Lyrsa had gifted the young woman before she left. For this reason she was hardly about to give it up to the massive dragon hovering closely, without a fight.

"A portal?" she laughed, rocking slightly in her amusement. "Hardly! It's just a bag. Why? Haven't you ever seen one of these before? Lots of people have them for carrying around all their stuff." So saying, she reached into the small pouch again up to her elbow, rooted around inside it for a bit, and then this time pulled out a very fluffy down pillow.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Xibalba narrowed his eyes at her, snorting more smoke before he sat up straight again. 'Of course I've seen bags. Do you even realize how long I've lived? Stupid human child,' he muttered childishly, pouting and turning his back to her ever so slightly and curling his tail around himself in an agitated manner.

'Just never one so small that could fit a whole blanket- And...pillow,' he added distractedly, still watching her out of the corner of his eye. 'Must be some magical trickery going on, right?'

GoblinFae

"No," she stated blandly, blinking up at the dragon as the smoke puffed out into her face. Eireann quickly returned though to continuing on with her business as if the massive creature was not trying to throw a temper tantrum beside her. She had absolutely no idea how long he had live. But given his current penchant for the dramatics she had to say either a very, very long time or really not long at all which certainly did not help to put things into perspective.

His comment did make her snort though as she took to fluffing her pillow and spreading her blanket out over her lap. "It's not trickery. It's just a simple enlargement spell." Eireann shrugged and flopped back to lay down comfortably in her new makeshift bed. "Speaking of you though, who are you again? I don't think I caught your name earlier."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

There didn't seem to be anything simple about that. He was curious what else she might have tucked away in such a cavernous thing but his attention was drawn to the much more pressing matter of her not even knowing his damn name. The nerve of this girl! How dare she make a visit to the mountains without even knowing the locals! It was downright rude.

'You really must not be from around here,' he observed smugly. 'Not just the silly little Charaden but...the mountains. The dragons here are well known. Well, the smart ones at least.' He paused, turning again to study the way she built her little bed in his own nest. Curious, he reached out to hook one claw into the fluff of pillow beside her head and give it a tug.

'I will not share my name until I have one to call you by, human-food.'

GoblinFae

Her head thunked against the bottom of the nest with the sudden loss of her pillow. Grunting in frustration, she reached to unhook his claw and yank it back for herself. "Of course I'm not! I'm not even from this country! I came to Adela to seek out dragons. It's certainly not my fault you're reclusive enough that the villagers have no other name for you other than some unsavory ones that I truly hope are not actually true otherwise your mother would have had an extremely unfortunate sense of humor."

She mused on that notion for several moments, allowing herself to giggle softly at the idea of the massive dragon being named something as silly as The Rat With Wings. "For the sake of propriety though, I am called Eireann. Eireann Lehr to be exact. And you are?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

He did his best dragon pout when the pillow was taken away from him. She really was a killjoy, wasn't she?

'I can only assume they did not speak my name to you for fear of drawing my attention upon their pathetic little town. But I was born with my name, it wasn't given to me by my mother or anyone else.' It was a difficult concept to explain but he didn't really see any reason he should go out of his way to do so at that particular point in time. She was there to be his toy not receive dragon lessons.

'I am Xibalba. I will assume Lehr is your surname and I may call you Eireann... No, that's much too long. Too girly for you. I will call you Eir,' he decided, feeling quite smug and hoping he might at least be able to get under her skin and annoy her with a nickname.

GoblinFae

She hummed in contemplation of his name even as a small smile lit up her features at being given her own nickname by the dragon. Eireann considered it quite an honor especially as she too found her name to be too girly for her own more adventurous tastes. She absentmindedly readjusted her pillow before reclining back down on it once more. "Xibalba," the young woman murmured softly, rolling the name around on her tongue as if to taste its exotic flavors. "I think I'll call you Xi instead. Sounds less pompous that way." Eireann grinned cheekily up at him as she moved her hands to lace behind her head.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Well that backfired rather explosively. The dragon actually growled at her. How could she not complain?! Was it really such a pleasant idea to be called a stupid nickname by her captor? She seemed completely unfazed!

He fell silent as she voiced his own name, though, and then his nickname, one he'd only ever bestowed usage upon the noblest of creatures who'd earned his respect. Given his name it wasn't exactly a mystery, but he'd never allowed anyone to call him by it that was not a trusted ally.

'That isn't acceptable,' he stated plainly, expecting her to just leave it at that and call him by his proper name instead.

GoblinFae

Eireann yawned loudly and shook her head. "Whatever you say, Xi." She burrowed more comfortably down into her newly claimed section of his nest before yawning once more and closing her eyes tiredly. "Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to sleep now. I've had quite a long day today what with the traveling then the epic flying and truly a girl needs her beauty sleep if she doesn't want to be a real dragon in the morning so catch ya in the morning." She waved a hand tiredly in his direction then rolled to her side, pulling the blanket up to her chin and the pillow firmly against her shoulder.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

The dragon practically recoiled to hear her use it again, huffing loudly and rumbling his displeasure as he watched her get settled. She'd just made herself at home, hadn't she?

He stared, watching and waiting until her breathing slowed and he was certain she was asleep. Only then did he reach out to her again.

Hooking the blanket on a claw he pulled the fabric back and carelessly tossed it aside to lean in close over her. He studied her stupid, dragon-proof chainmail and determined where it ended and began. Brushing his snout along it, he latched onto the hem of the annoying metal and started yanking it up away from her thighs.

GoblinFae

She was out like a snuffed candle and oblivious to the dragon's mischief. That is until she noticed the sudden chill seeping in from the absence of her warm blanket and the tickling slide of something along her side. Instinctively Eireann lashed out with eyes closed. Her balled fist connected solidly with Xibalba's snout as she tried bat him as one would a fly. She grunted her displeasure at being disturbed while trying to curl further in on herself for warmth. Her hand turned to flailing about in search of her blanket and it was only as her search came up with nothing dos she wake enough to sit up. The young woman glared venomously up at the dragon without fear or care for she was a woman whose sleep had been disturbed and her blanket of warmth stolen. She did not take such offences lightly as was evident by her growling tone as she demanded to know the whereabouts of her possession. "Where is it?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

He'd managed to lift it to her hips by the time he felt the sharp thump of her fist to his snout. Huffing wildly and eyes flaring wide he gave a low rumble of warning as he watched the waking human flail about. How dare she lay her hands on him! He was sure his poor face would be tender in the morning for that.

Of course her worry was not about the metal caught between his fangs. He gave a short swish of his tail and firmly wedged the blanket between himself and the edge of the nest.

'Didn't your 'dwarven spiny' whatever teach you any manners?' he demanded in a huff, choosing to ignore her question in favor of milking his extremely mild "injury."

GoblinFae

"Didn't your mother ever teach you any?" she hissed back just as fiercely. "You don't just go around stealing people's things, chewing on their clothes," she thumped him on the nose again to make a point, "or waking them up. Now where is my blanket Xi? Do not make me ask you again!"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]