Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

How to Tame a Madman [Goblin]

Started by Juno, February 14, 2016, 08:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

He gave a muffled roar, the purposeful bashing a little too comfortable in his eyes for a human to be doing to him. Green eyes flashed in warning, tail swishing in irritation as he defiantly continued to nibble at the offending mail like a teething youngster.

'It's my blanket now,' he informed her venomously, giving the tunic another sharp tug. 'And so is this.'

GoblinFae

"Oh no it is not!" She argued back heatedly as she was suddenly thumped flat on her back by his tugging. Undeterred by his shows of aggression though, Eireann quickly sat up and leaned her face in as close as she could given her current position. "Release me this instant and return my blanket, Xibalba!" The woman ordered. To driver her point home she slipped a hand under his chin allowing her palm to slide against his scales until her fingers jabbed rather determinedly against his gullet. She was not about to be pushed around by the overgrown winged lizard. She from experience knew that I'd she caved to his whims now then he would forever bully her later.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

Green eyes flared wide and he grunted in discomfort for the fingers suddenly stabbing against some of the softer spots upon his scaled body. He had to admit this girl certainly knew dragons. Or maybe was just a lucky guesser.

'You will pay for this,' he warned her, slowly releasing the offensive chain mail so that he was free to yank his head up and away from her hand. In doing so, though, he leaned back on his haunches to keep the blanket trapped against the sides of his nest.

'Sleep, human,' he commanded, 'I will deal with your foolishness tomorrow, when you're awake and can truly know the err of your ways.'

GoblinFae

Eireann lifted her chin in cool defiance, completely refusing to cow in the face of the dragon's threat. "I shall not sleep until you return all that is mine to me. Either return it to me now or come to terms with the fact you will never be able to make good on your little threats." She stared fiercely up into his stormy green eyes as if to challenge him into submission herself. Instinctively her hand clasped about a small pendent about her neck that had slid out from under her tunic during Xibalba's antics.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

'Never?'

Xibalba rumbled in warning, craning his neck once again to put his face right in hers. 'What makes you so foolishly believe you hold such power, Eir? You are in my den. You will follow my rules or die by them. Your life is mine. There are very few things I am asking of you and the longer you withhold them the shorter your life becomes. It is not a threat, it is a fact.'

He studied the way she clutched at something near her throat, head angling to puff another curl of smoke in her face as he looked at it, curious if she was about to brandish some sort of weapon at him. At least that might be entertaining.

GoblinFae

"And you," she hissed angrily, getting right up in his face without fear of the consequences, "woke. Me. Up. All bets are off Xibalba. I have done nothing but offer you respect and kindness in your own home. I did not ask to be taken. You chose that. I did not make demands of you even until you disrespected me by stealing my things and disturbing my sleep. It is you who has disrespected me here, your home or not I deserve at the very least the same common courtesy I have shown you. If I must die for it then so be it!"

Eireann growled as she flung herself to her feet in fury. "But I will not be afraid of a petulant, tantrum-throwing child simply because he is a dragon and believes himself to be grossly superior than myself. Now you will return my missing blanket to me and there will be no more further talk on this subject that we can leave behind us, or," she paused to get her point across while looking deeply into his eye, refusing to back down, "we can continue this ridiculous arguing until you're ready to behave like a proper adult. Do I make myself clear?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

He wasn't quite sure how waking her up had earned him her wrath but he made note of it anyway. This young human seemed rather testy over something so simple as a cover for sleep. He could have silenced her, easily crushed her skull and eaten her right there. Blood in his nest was awfully inconvenient to get out, though, and he still had the nagging feeling that this girl would have her uses to him. She was more or less a slave after all.

'This isn't over,' he stated simply, moving to stand before he swished his tail back to hook her acursed blanket along its ridges. Gently bringing it forward he turned slightly to hold it out to her over the appendage.

GoblinFae

She rolled her eyes at what she perceived to be more posturing than anything else. Nevertheless when he returned her blanket she took it gently and thanked him sincerely. Eireann hugged it close, burying her face into the soft fabric to breathe in deeply the scent of home. It helped to soothe and calm her somewhat frayed nerves.

"You know though," she piped up softly, her words slightly muffled by the blanket until she lifted her head from it to look up at him tiredly. "You'd be far more likely to get what you want if you just communicated and asked. Just food for thought."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

The dragon tossed his head a bit at that, turning to settle back down for rest, curling his tail and neck around himself in doing so. In his mind it was not his place anymore to be patient or gentle. He took what he wanted because asking nicely was still asking and he felt that was beneath him.

'It is not my job to tell my prey what I want from her. She will keep me entertained satisfactorily as instructed or die,' he stated simply, choosing not to divulge that her resistance and fiery determination had proven enough to sate his curiosity for the moment. He would pose no further threat to her for the time being at least.

GoblinFae

"Oh prey," she commented in an enthusiastically sarcastic tone of voice, "why didn't you just say so? Forgive me oh great and terrible Xibalba. I had no idea!" Eireann dropped into a dramatic bow, rolling her eyes as she did so. "You're a funny one, you know that Xi?" The young woman shook her head and chuckled softly to herself as she gathered up her things and relocated herself closer to the black beast's massive head. There she plopped down her pillow and attempted to curl up beside him so that they each laid in the opposite direct yet parallel to each other.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

He felt her moving about and gave a grumpy huff for the feeling of her disturbing his nest around him. How dare she mock him so and then try to snuggle up so close. It was disgraceful! The girl truly had no manners, no real ones at least.

Lifting his head sharply he butted up against her side and pushed hard to try and shove as much distance between them as possible.

GoblinFae

Eireann grunted as she was bodily shifted a good few feet from where she had intended to sleep all at a grumpy dragon's whim. She simply rolled her eyes and allowed it though. It was not a battle worth fighting when she already had several victories under her belt. As her father had always taught we her it was never wise to test Lady Luck too harshly or else like any good woman she'd turn on you as fast as lightning.

Instead she rolled over and resettled herself for deep sleep. It was therefore not long at all before her breaths deepened, her body went limp, and the start of a gentle snore filled the cave from the fiery little human with a chip on her shoulder.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

With the human woman more or less away and no longer resisting him, as he saw it, Xibalba tucked his head under a wing and slept at last. The dragon's sleep was relatively peaceful, though a few curls of smoke billowed around him for the fire of his dreams.

Once the shadows of morning descended upon his mountain home he was quick to untangle himself and leap from the nest, uncaring what happened to the girl as he sought to stretch his wings. Padding to the mouth of the cave he unfurled his wings and allowed himself to glide down, winding east around the mountain to a small ledge where he could perch and watch the rest of the sunrise as he looked out upon his handiwork and the remaining settlements along the mountain range.

GoblinFae

She grumbled as Xibalba's stirrings disturbed her and one of his wings brushed her blanket off her on his way out of the cave. Without looking, Eireann yanked her soft blanket up before rolling into the newly vacated and much warmer spot in the nest left by the dragon. She was back out in a matter of seconds without a care in the world.

It was not until later when there was nowhere in the nest for her to roll to escape the sun's welcoming morning rays of sunshine that she was forced  into groggily awakening. A quick perusal of her surroundings revealed a lack of dragon within the vicinity causing her to shrug to herself before plopping back down flat on her back. She swung her legs up to rest her heels on the edge of the nest while lazily pulling out from her little bag some of her recently purchased carrots to gnaw on.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Once the sun was well and truly risen he trumpeted a cry into the valley below, head raised proudly as the sound echoed between the mountains. Swooping down and circling back in a tight maneuver, he clambered up the shelf at the mouth to re-enter the cave. He kicked a few rocks loose but climbed up successfully to peer into the depths where he assumed his human still slept.

Xibalba roared with a short but rather shrill sound, raising his head high as he listened to it bounce along the walls of the cave and hoping he could rouse her rather abruptly as he followed it to approach the nest. 'It was rather rude of you to stay the night, you know. I don't remember welcoming you to my bed.'

GoblinFae

The echoing roar followed by the sound of tumbling rocks had Eireann tilting her head back to view the mouth of the car. She was just in time to see Xibalba block out the morning light with his girth before he was letting loose and ear-piercing, hair-splitting, headache-inducing shriek inside the hollowed den. The human grumpily winced, her relaxed expression turning into a pinched and highly displeased one as she allowed her head to rest flat against the bottom of the best again.

"It is also rather rude of you to bellow in the ears of your prey. How else am I to hear your instructions of entertainment? Besides if you didn't want me to stay the night then you shouldn't have brought me up here or should have eaten me already. Speaking of which, carrot?" She asked thrusting her arm up straight into the air to offer said vegetable to the dragon.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Xibalba sat down with a dull thump, bowing his head to rest evenly with her much smaller one as he observed her lounging in his nest.

'It's a carrot,' he pointed out, as if she hadn't just told him what she was eating. He wasn't stupid, he knew what humans grew among their crops, but it was puzzling how she'd procured something like that. Had she left somehow? He didn't remember the scent on her the previous night, he definitely would have noticed.

Humoring her, he snapped up the tiny vegetable and awkwardly held it between his teeth for a moment before tilting his head back to let gravity do the work for him as he swallowed it whole.

'I meant my nest. Why did you stay the night in my nest. Humans can sleep on the floor, can't they?' He was mocking her, but he was also ready to let the issue lie. The dragon was more displeased that she seemed to have an endless supply of surprises than anything.

GoblinFae

Eireann breathed a soft sigh of awe, having not expected the dragon to take her up on her offer of the vegetable. "As well as any dragon I suppose," she replied with a simple shrug of her shoulders as if there was nothing unusual or mocking about his question.

"So," the young woman declared, pausing to stretch her arms high above her head and moan softly in relief as she stretched and popped before linking her arms behind her head in a posture of complete and utter relaxation. "What's for breakfast then?
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Xibalba tilted his head at her, eyes narrowing sharply for her obvious refusal to answer him. Properly, at least. 'You will be my breakfast if you do not shape up,' he warned her, huffing smoke again as he turned to pad past the nest to the deepest and darkest section of the cave where he kept some of the few material belongings he possessed.

'I will hunt,' he decided, tone rather casual, 'You have already eaten those... things, right? You will sustain yourself?'

GoblinFae

"Oy!" Eireann shouted in offense as she quickly sat up and flexed her arms. "I'll have you know I'm perfectly in shape, see!" She pulled back her sleeves to better display the lean lines of definition in her upper arms.

Her antics were quickly abandoned though as curiosity got the best of her. She quickly walked herself over to the edge closest to where the dragon had wandered off to as she squinted to try and see what he was up to.

"Well you tell me, how sustaining was the carrot for you? Not very. What's over there anyway? Do you have your own personal hunting paddock or something back there?" Eireann giggled at the idea of the massive dragon playing at sheep farmer for the ease of eating close to home.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]