Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Estate of Affairs

Started by visualspice, March 06, 2016, 05:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Evelyn could barely respond when Tri asked how she was doing. She was dizzy and weak, and it felt as though her entire being ached. Being carried afforded her some time to sober, and once placed in her bed, she reflected back to what occurred.

She stared up at the ceiling now, lips flat in thought. She heard what he said, but at first didn't answer. Than she groaned as she attempted to move, and winced and adjusted to a position that wasn't entirely stabbing her and forcing her to go without breath.

Here, with her body half turned, she studied Tri and eventually gave him a tired smile.

"It... all hurts, but I think I'll live." She closed her eyes and drew in a slow and wavering breath. "Thank you.... I know you think you must owe me... but... I know coming to my aid was dangerous and I thank you for being there."

She smiled again, her eyes wavering with tears from the pain. It hurt to talk. She supposed she'd have to rest that off. She had been thrown rather powerfully into the side of her great stone building. Sighing, she closed her eyes, not caring or even aware she was barely without clothes.

"IF you need to leave, I will not keep you. I can rest. Thresha can tend to me."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

KingTyrant

No kidding it was dangerous... From the look of things, Tri was willing to assume that Evelyn knew that guy personally. And considering her social status, it was safe to say that Na'hana was on her level as far as wealth and power was concerned. Men like that knew people. People that could do serious harm to Tri if they were ordered to. As long as he stayed here, the entire manor had a huge target painted over it. More specifically, over him. But that didn't mean that his host wouldn't be caught in the crossfire of that encounter.

Giving her a smile as she assured him that she would be ok, he pulled up a chair and sat at her bedside. "I'm not leaving, Evelyn. I can't leave. Not now, at least." He said softly, crossing his arms over his lap. He looked towards her door with a slightly worried sigh, looking back at her and narrowing his eyes. "I want you to explain to me who that man was. Why was he trying to whisk you away? I need an explanation." He told her, glancing back-and-forth between her and the door every now and then, as if expecting for the fat Essyrni to return at any moment.

visualspice

Evelyn sighed.
"If you must know, he was a business partner. He was upset over payment, despite what was agreed upon." She sighed. "I know the man is quick to temper, but he is a good business man. Thats why it surprised me he even bothered to come around here."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

KingTyrant

Tri crossed his arms, listening to her with a heavy sigh. "Perhaps he is a good business man. I don't have the luxury of knowing him." His words were laced with sarcasm, finding it somewhat hard to believe that Na'hana had any admirable qualities about him. Placing a hand on her arm, which was still coated in cold steel, he gave another reassuring smile.

"If he returns, I'll be here to make sure he can't carry off another half-naked woman ever again." He joked, patting her arm slightly. With that, he stood, looking towards Thresha for a moment before back at Evelyn. "In the meantime, I'll assist Thresha with anything you need. Until you recover, that is." He immediately remembered a certain Connlaothian who could probably tend to Evelyn's injuries and get her back on her feet sooner. He would need to write a message to her soon.

visualspice

Evelyn gave him a tired smile.
"You don't have to help Thresha. She handles her duties well and might take offense to you... cutting in on her turf."

KingTyrant

Tri rolled his eyes at Evelyn's stubbornness, but it was with a smile. He wasn't annoyed by the woman's insistence that he didn't help her. In fact, it was a trait that he could admire. Her selfless behavior was rarely seen amongst people of such high class. "Very well. As you wish, Evelyn." He told her softly, kneeling. "I have a letter to go write. For a healer, handling some operations on the Connlaothian border. Something about assisting the wounded mages coming back from the battlefield. I'm sure she wouldn't mind taking a trip here to come and check you out. Make sure nothing's too seriously injured. Besides... I'm sure finding work out here is a lot safer than being so close to a warzone."

With that, he stood, walking from the room and leaving her in peace. As he walked down the long hallway from her room, he instinctively kept a tight grip on his sword hilt. He had played with fire just moments ago, and only time would tell when Na'hana would be sending someone to deal with him. It wasn't something too nerve-racking, but it was still an intimidating thought nonetheless. He searched around for Evelyn's study, or anywhere he could sit down and write his letter, trying to forget about Na'hana for a moment and worry about getting Neyan out here to work her magic. ... Literally.

Once he found what he presumed to be her study, he was in awe. Much like the library, there was a shelf full of books, a fireplace with a rocking chair... Elegant Essyrni tapestries covering the walls, oh... And a desk with an ink well, a quill, and a clean sheet of paper sitting next to an unlit candle. She wouldn't mind if he used this little setup just for the moment, would she? He hoped not. Sitting in the chair, he lit the candle with a match before waving it through the air to extinguish the tiny flame. He dabbed the white quill in the pitch-black ink, pressing it down onto the paper as he began to write his letter. Tri's handwriting wasn't the best, but it was at least readable. In his mind, that was good enough. It wasn't like he was writing to a king, right?

Once he finished, he walked outside of Evelyn's home, placing the letter in a tiny box right by the door. If Tri was correct, a courier would be there to pick it up and deliver it later on. Until then, he needed to find something to do. What better than train? It's what he usually did when there was nothing else to do. Walking to her backyard, he unsheathed his sword from its scabbard before beginning to practice his stances and techniques.

Hours passed, and it was eventually dawn, the sky a bright pink as the sun ascended over the sandy dunes. Tri had been out for hours, still performing advanced dodges and movements, spinning his sword around expertly as day approached quickly. No sound could be heard at all besides him and the crickets. That was... Until he heard a crack behind him in one of the bushes. Stopping everything, he turned sharply and narrowed his eyes at the sound. Sword still at the ready, he approached the bush with heavy caution. He reached his hand out, pushing the branches to the side to see what it was that had made the sound.

Out of nowhere, a man dove out of the bush at him, wearing a thin, black tunic and headwrap, wielding a deadly, curved dagger. As he jumped out at Tri, he gave a loud battle-cry, Tri ducking while tossing him over his head. The attacker landed on his back with a 'thud,' grunting in slight pain as he stood once more, the attacker raced back at Tri, dagger pulled back as he aimed for a second strike. Tri parried the dagger, thrusting his sword at his abdomen, which was side-stepped skillfully. The two stood at a standstill, the attacker chuckling as he removed his headwrap. Behind the fabric was a weasel-like face with a goatee and golden-brown skin, his teeth crooked and half-rotten. Tri at first thought this guy to be one of Na'hana's men, but as soon as his face was revealed, Tri's eyes widened.

This man was one of the ones from the caravan of thieves... The same caravan that took his precious scroll. "My boss informed me that the little rat we took that fancy scroll from was in Essyrn... You're either really brave, or really stupid." He said, grinning. More men dressed exactly alike appeared from the darkness. "I want what belongs to me, thief. No amount of intimidation is going to scare me out of getting it back." Tri replied with a snarl, hands tightening around the hilt at the sight of reinforcements. "Well, then I regret to inform you that your scroll is gone. We sold it to a fella named Na'hana for quite a bargain as soon as we arrived back in the country. And what do you know? We received intel that earlier today, a bastard with red arms and red hair roughed him up! It all comes full-circle, doesn't it?" All the thieves chuckled.

Tri was boiling. Now he had a reason to go after Na'hana first, instead of the other way around. But there was a good chance that he wouldn't get to do that, seeing how the odds were stacked against him here. "I'll kill Na'hana and get that scroll back. But first, I'm gonna kill you." Tri proclaimed. The man hissed. "Bring it on, foreigner!" With this, Tri let out a shout as he charged at him, all the other thieves diving in as well.

visualspice

Evelyn made a face at his decision.
"I should hope I heal up well before such a friend could travel here," either way, she was too exhausted to protest. "Let me rest." And it didn't take long for sleep to take her.

Even still, it was difficult for her to remain asleep. She always had to watch her back, due to her northern ancestry, so after a time she couldn't remain in bed she took a walk around the halls, stopping when she noted a candle was lit in her study. She spied Tri leaning over her desk and penning something on her paper.

She simply smirked and moved away as quiet as a mouse. She eventually found Thresha, who went about to make her tea. She told her to serve one to Tri and one to herself, but when Thresha moved to the study to give him his tea, he wasn't there. She had noticed he went outside, and left him to his own devices, doing the same when she returned to Evelyn's room to see her bent over, having fallen back asleep and only drinking a quarter of her cup of tea.

Silently she cleaned then retired herself, peering out just once to where their guest was still practicing. She was impressed at his dedication, and felt a bit better with this man around. Being Evelyn's servant meant she herself was often times subjected to the same ridicule as Evelyn.

But just when the night passed without excitement, it seemed the new day would greet them with the excitement built up over the night.

The fighting is what woke her up, having her whirled out of bed and throw on a hastily tied robe. She peered out her window to see not just one man, but many surrounding Tri as his form danced away from lethal strikes. It was something to see, all of his red and sweat glistening in the pink of the rising sun. But now was hardly a time to admire the fight, because her guest was in very real danger, and it could be her fault, no less!

Rushing down the hall, she hurried to the back opening and scooped up the first thing she could think of to grab as a weapon-
it was a rather heavy candelabra from the table, a weight in which even she was not certain it would be easy to wield.

She supposed it wouldn't matter, for it was heavy enough and as she snuck up behind the attacking men- one that was about to throw a knife at Tri's head was suddenly met with the sickening crunch of his own skull being crushed beneath the dense weight of the candelabra. 

And now the men turned to see her.

"Kill the Red Man and capture The woman!" And soon the men were splitting into groups, one quickly surrounding her and the other, pulling out all the weapons they got and began to relentlessly swing at Tri.

KingTyrant

Tri narrowed his eyes when he heard the candelabrum strike skull, turning to see Evelyn standing there. "Evelyn, no!" He shouted out to her, but before he could do anything, he was being attacked by a large group of the thieves, the other group charging at his host. Blocking the daggers, swords, and any other weapon swung his way, he finally found an opening by digging his blade into the sand and swinging it upwards into their eyes, effectively blinding them.

He turned his back to the men, who screamed in rage as they clawed at their eyes, the gem on the hilt of his sword glowing as he swung through the air, defying all logic as reality itself was split. Through the green, wavy slice that floated through mid-air, a black void full of stars could be seen, but just barely. Diving through the cut, it closed behind him, leaving him unseen. Just feet away, behind Evelyn, another slice was formed by Tri's blade, the man springing forth and driving his sword through an attacker's chest.

As the assailant fell, Tri turned to Evelyn and gave the kind of growl that a father would give to a reckless child. He turned back to the attackers, who stood in shock. They immediately snapped out of it, yowling before rushing straight at Tri. He dodged one slash of a dagger before cutting through the attacker's chest, parrying the second man's mace before slicing his throat. Fighting his way through an additional three men, it didn't take long for the others to retreat, screaming in fear. Panting, Tri sheathed his sword before turning to her.

He glared at her, but not out of hatred. He was worried about her. Concerned. She had thrown herself right into the line of fire, inches away from the blades of very dangerous men. "Are you alright? You could've been killed."

visualspice

Hear heart was beating a mile a minute and her entire being, flushed and clammy from sweat. She frowned at his glare, but did not shy away from his reproach. Her reply came simply.
"So could you."
She hadn't realized how hard she had been grasping the candelabra until she finally let it drop from her hand, having to nearly pry it out as she winced and stretched her fingers.

She drew in a breath, to try to steel her nerves, but she still felt shaky after all was said and done.
"And I'm fine." She tucked back a curl of hair. "Really." But when she saw some blood on his form, she gasped and stepped closer.
"You're hurt..."

KingTyrant

Stubborn and headstrong. That was something that Tri had begun to accept with Evelyn. So when his light scolding was taken with a defiant attitude, he simply sighed and shook his head. He wasn't going to argue with her too much. There was no use. Especially since he had more pressing matters to attend to. Such as the location of his scroll, and what Na'hana's punishment would be for stealing it. "The bastard that tried whisking you away has something that belongs to be. I'm afraid just a bit more blood will need to be spilt before the day ends." He growled.

He paused when she pointed out a wound he didn't even know he had. A frown on his face, he looked down at his ribs, near his side, where his grey top had begun to turn a dark red, the fabric sliced as his blood had begun to drip into a puddle at his feet. It was then that he winced, grabbing at the wound at uttering a swear. When she came close, he lifted a hand, halting her approach. "It's... A scratch. I'm fine..." He growled, hating the idea of being bed-ridden any longer.

"I can't waste any daylight... I need to find him..." He started walking towards the door, only to have a surge of pain cross his body, forcing him to one knee as he began to feel dizzy. What the Hell was going on? How deep had that blade pierced him? Either way, it was clear that he had lost far more than just a pint of blood. Looking up at the door, he struggled to keep his eyes open as he fought off unconsciousness. He glanced back at Evelyn, grunting as he tried standing. She'd helped him enough... He would stitch himself up, if he had to.

visualspice

Evelyn was at his side the moment he was on his knee. He'd feel her touch on his arm, and she was looking down at him, worry wrought on her face.

"Tri.. please. You need the wound dressed... It would be foolish to rush after those men now in your condition."

KingTyrant

In any other case, Tri would protest and go back to his feet, but when it came down to it, she was right. He was bleeding badly, being on his feet just made him nauseous, and she had medical supplies that she could apply much better than he could. Knowing his expertise, he'd probably just sloppily stitch the cut up and move on. Unfortunately, that probably wouldn't do it.

Giving a defeated sigh, he closed his eyes and gave a nod, holding out his hand to her. "Help me inside... Please." He requested, gritting his teeth in pain as he was already attempting to stand. But just like that, there was already a knock on Evelyn's door. Tri lifted his gaze, already knowing exactly who that was. 

visualspice

Evelyn huffed.
"More visitors at such an hour?" She saw Thresha moving towards the door and called after her. "Do not answer! Let them return come morning if they have business here!"

KingTyrant

Tri, still panting and holding his side as hard as he could, gave a sigh of relief. Whoever that was here visiting would definitely get a surprise at the sight of the bleeding man, as well as the bodies that now cluttered Evelyn's yard, but they couldn't have come at a better time. Tri glanced at Evelyn as she gave Thresha the order to ignore the knock at the door, prepared to protest. That was... Until the person at the door did it first.

"Hellooo! I was given a letter! Tri said it was urgent!" A feminine, high-pitched voice called, beating on the door even harder. "Let me in! I'm not bad, I swear! I just wanna heeelp!" She added, Tri glancing at Evelyn as he gave a grunt of pain. "You remember that healer I mentioned? Well... She's early." He explained, mustering all of his strength to stand, only to fall against the frame of her back door. Huffing exhaustedly, he nodded to the door. "Thresha... Let her in. Before I lose consciousness."

visualspice

Evelyn's heart nearly fell out of her and she turned to Thresha to command, "Do as he says!"
Thresha was swift to the door, unlatching the series of locks before opening it and peering out at the woman at the door.

"My mistress says please do come in," and she lowered her head and Evelyn stayed beside Tri, keeping a hold of him but an eye on the door.

KingTyrant

Almost as soon as the door was opened, a small female in pure, white robes bolted through, her short, platinum blonde hair flowing behind her as she made her way to the backyard in mere seconds. She paused, looking around at the bodies that lay around her. As her grey eyes fell on Tri, they widened, quickly running over and tackling him into the ground. The man in question gave a grunt of pain, gritting his teeth as the young woman practically straddled his chest.

"Tri!? Oh my gosh, oh my gosh... Um... Oh! Yeah! Yeah! I'm a healer! I know what to do!" She yipped. Tri groaned, eyes closed tight as he struggled to breath, the overly-excitable female crushing his ribcage. "That's good to hear... Could you do it sooner, rather than later...?" He wheezed out. She bobbed her head frantically, jumping up and trying to lift him up, her small stature making it quite difficult. "Um... Some help?" She glanced at Evelyn, biting her lip.

Once they were back inside, Neyan helped to lay Tri on the bed he was given the first night he was there. Quickly yanking up his shirt, she shifted through her satchel for some herbs. Pulling out a vial of yellowish-green mush, she spread some on the cut, causing the swordsman to grunt in pain. "Sorry, Tri... Enari pulp stings a little bit... But it'll keep it from getting infected!" She promised. After spreading it around (and mostly inside) the wound, she put the vial away. Grinning at Evelyn, she stretched out her fingers. "Now this, this is the fun part."

Taking a deep, long breath, inhaling and exhaling slowly, she pressed both hands against Tri's cut, slowly dividing them into a diamond shape with her thumbs and index fingers. The outline of the space in her hands glowed a pale yellow, the girl leaving them there for a long time. Suddenly, she began roughly pounding both hands against the wound in different symbols that she created with her fingers, the light surrounding her hands growing in brightness with every new symbol she formed. She then began thrusting her fingers in different spots around the wound, which left behind glowing, yellow circles.

The healer stepped back, the circles moving through his skin and feeding into the wound, which illuminated, and mended itself back to new. There was not even a scar present. Crossing her arms proudly, she smirked. Tri gave a sigh of relief. "Thank you, Neyan... I feel... Much better." He said between breaths. She gave a cute little salute. "What kinda doctor would I be if I didn't heal my patients?" She giggled. Turning to Evelyn, she held out a slightly blood-stained hand. "Neyan Addyanna! And you are...?" She tilted her head.

visualspice

Impressed was an understatement as Evelyn watched with wide green eyes as the small woman set to work. Magic, she knew existed, surely, but rarely did she see much of it first hand. She herself lacked any talents in that respect; so she may have looked child like herself as she observed.

The moment the colorful fan fare of lights vanished and the wound was perfectly wiped away, she released a breath she hadn't known she had been holding and almost didn't hear the smaller girl speak up. Blinking, Evelyn bowed her head and replied, "Evelyn, Lady Evelyn Heraea Gray. It's a pleasure to meet you and I can't thank you enough for your prompt response."
She shot a look over to Tri. "It happened so fast... and he lost so much blood."

KingTyrant

Neyan's face seemed to light up as Evelyn introduced herself, as if the woman had given her the greatest of compliments. "Ooh! Lady Evelyn He-ra-ra Gray!?" She repeated the title, unable to realize how badly she butchered it. "So fancy! I wish I could be called, 'Lady Neyan Addyanna!'" She giggled, frowning over at Tri as she mentioned how much blood he had lost.

"Yeah... I noticed. He may want to stay off his feet for a little while..." She said, Tri sitting up with furrowed brows. "No! I'm done being bedridden! I have duties of my own!" He snarled. Neyan held her hands up. "Hey, I'm just trying to give you advice! It wouldn't be doctorly if I just said, 'Oh yeah, go out on more adventures! It's not like you just lost over a pint of blood, or anything!'" She argued, pouting at him. Tri sighed. "Very well..."

Neyan looked between Evelyn and Tri for a long time, finally asking the burning question she had been keeping at bay for some time. "What... Happened here, anyways?" Tri gave an exhausted huff, shaking his head as he stared at the ceiling. "Just a bunch of thugs... Sent by some fat, greedy bastard who took what isn't his..." He gritted his teeth as he spoke. Neyan rubbed the bridge of her nose, knowing immediately what he was talking about.

"Tri... That scroll? Still, with that scroll?" She looked up, her eyes full of concern, rather than the expected anger, or disappointment. "You're obsessed with that thing... It's almost gotten you killed twice now!" Surely, Tri must've told her about his trek through the desert. Sitting up, the swordsman hung his legs off the edge of the bed, resting his head in his hands. He was still quite woozy from blood-loss.

"You don't understand... That scroll means everything... My past, so fragmented and blurred... Everything is there, just barely out of my grasp. I need to know what happened to me, Neyan. I need to know who in the living Hell Tri Greysteel even is." He told her, looking over his shoulder. It hadn't even occured to him that his amnesia was entirely new to Evelyn. Neyan, giving a soft smile to Tri, clasped her hands together in her lap.

"Tri... You don't need to piece everything together perfectly to know who you are... I know. You're kind-hearted... A hero. Selfless... You have an identity-" She spoke soft, encouraging words to him. Tri turned sharply. "It's not enough!!! I see these dreams, these dreams of war! Fire! Death, all around! Faces without names! Children, Neyan! Children! The present isn't enough! I've searched too long to forget the past! Can't you see!?" His intense words were enough to silence the young healer, who just nodded slowly, a frown on her face.

visualspice

Neyan was a little energetically overwhelming for the more reserved Lady Gray, but it didn't mean she disliked her. She was child like, and that had it's own charm to it. Perhaps if Evelyn ever married, she'd have a child so eager with questions and kind with concern. The idea made her smile.

But as the situation turned back to Tri, she couldn't deny she too felt he was a heroic man. More often than not he came to her aid and had prompted her to reply the same. But as things began to come out more clearly of Tri's situation, she began to realize just how little of this stranger she truly knew.

He had been only there for a short time, but it felt so much longer- and it would, especially when you're life was on the line on so many short occasions! It was only then that she realized her lips had fallen open and quietly she closed them and continued to observe. She could piece together well enough what he was suffering from, though memory loss was not something she personally had to ever deal with.

However, not knowing identity, or having it established (especially to oneself) was something she could relate to on every level. THough obviously a woman of means, it was a constant struggle for her to prove it here, being of pale skin; someone from the North. Every day she had to state her business, her rank and reflaunt her money. Her whole social standing was tiring.

But this was home, and she was as stubborn as the people here. It's perhaps why she never left (that and she never wanted to deal with the cruelty her family fled from from the North). Little did she know things could be not much different here. After all, one's life being at stake so often...
And so many wolves ready to tear you down as if you were an easy target.

"Your friend is right. You should rest. You'll only push yourself past your limit, then where will you be? All that you seek can't come to you if you've tired yourself to your grave. Here, you two talk, I will help Thresha get us some sweet bread and tea," and she moved towards the door.

KingTyrant

Tri clenched his fists, prepared to lash out at Evelyn next. However, he calmed himself, letting their words really sink in before he did anything rash. "Very well... I'll rest." He said, albeit, with a slight grumble to his voice. Neyan beamed happily at this, glad that her friend was choosing to think logically. She knew better than anyone when it came to his lack of self-care. He had a genuine knack for getting himself seriously hurt whenever doing his heroic deeds and such.

She beamed even moreso when Evelyn mentioned sweet bread and tea. "Ooh! Sugar in my tea, please! Lots of sugar!" She exclaimed. Tri weakly chuckled. "You really don't need anymore sugar than you already have in your system, Neyan..." He teased. She puffed out her cheeks a bit, the swordsman holding up a hand. "Ah, Evelyn... Ginger tea, please. Or mint. Either's fine." He requested.

Well... Perhaps being off his feet once again wouldn't be all too bad. After all... Evelyn had a lovely home. It was nice and cool, as opposed to the hot, unforgiving sands of the desert, and the rest of Essyrn, for that matter. Yes... She definitely lived lavishly. Tri hated the thought of taking up this woman's living space, and basically mooching off of her for a place to lay his head, but he tried paying those thoughts no attention.

He was a vagabond. A wanderer with no profession, no home, no family. In his few days in these desert lands, he had been on the edge of death twice. Well... Tri had been on the edge of death many times before, but these instances were different. Both times that he had been in grave danger, so had Evelyn. Who had been there to save her? Well, him. One could argue that he had caused her peril, but regardless, she owed him in some way or another. Similarly, he owed her.

They both had something to pay for all the danger that had sprung up as of his arrival, really. As the sun hung high in the sky as a sign of afternoon arriving, the dry, infertile soil of her backyard seemed to emit waves of pure, unrelenting heat, which multiple dead bodies laid in the midst of, their blood pooling and even cauterizing slightly around them. He could help clean that mess up... It was the least he could do, in his current state.

"... How were the mages fighting back in Connlaoth?" He asked Neyan quietly, trying to spring up some form of conversation, eyes still focused on the light that flooded in through the windows. She turned towards him, lips pursed as a slight Hmm? resonated in her throat. "Oh! Um... A lot of them were hurt. Pretty bad, too... But they were all super nice! They had lots of war stories to share, and one even said I had a nice ass! I still don't know what he meant... I didn't have a donkey with me. Whatever! It was still super fun!"

Tri chuckled a bit, glancing back at her for a moment before closing his eyes and shaking his head. She was far too innocent for her own good... She had a big heart, though. It showed, too. Few would be caught dead providing healing in the middle of a war zone. Especially someone with as little battle experience as her.