Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Estate of Affairs

Started by visualspice, March 06, 2016, 05:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Evelyn had taken the time to help Thresha this time around, which was strange, even for her, but not entirely out of character. When nervous, she often times helped her help, finding it easier to cope by distracting herself when she needed it. so she returned with their drinks just in time to catch the conversation. She kept quiet, however, curious as well to the northern war. It was the whole reason she was here, after all. Had Connlaoth not had become so.. volatile.. Perhaps she'd be living a whole other life all together. As it were, her family planned to live comfortably in this land so far south that it was easy to tell where she had come from for her skin was like that of snow- a natural aspect of which no true Essyrni would have seen, lest he or she be a world traveler.

She hadn't taken up a cup of tea for herself, and was startled when everyone was served and Thresha asked her if she'd want one of her own. She gave a small smile but shook her head.
"Tea will keep me awake and I think I could use some good rest this night."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

KingTyrant

As Thresha served everyone, Neyan continued on about the war in the north. "Some told me they doubted it would ever end... They said I was wasting my time. Y'know, all these boys you're helping, they'll be dead tomorrow." She mimicked one of the men's voices, shaking her head and sighing. Tri listened to her with a frown, taking a sip of his tea, careful not to burn himself. "Neyan... I hate being the bearer of bad news... But what if they're right?" He asked, her eyes narrowing slightly.

However, her harsh glare at him quickly faded, and she smiled, looking out the window. "It's my home... I don't like seeing my home so... Different. Violent. I fight on the mage's side because I want to see a Connlaoth that isn't ashamed of people like me. I wanna be able to live there again... Doing what I do best without being judged." She explained simply, Tri just giving a small smirk and a nod. "I understand, Neyan." He gave a look at Evelyn, expecting her to understand Neyan's situation better than he ever could.

visualspice

Evelyn was captivated by the stories up north, and when the conversation quieted she found herself wanting to learn more.
"Connlaoth.. It almost sounds like a fictional place, only one you'd read about in fairy tales or ancient lores." It was hard to even digest the expanse of the war itself. A decade already had passed and it was still going strong. But everyone knew about Connlaoth's reputation about war,a nd she heard too many times Essyrnis scoff and surmise that Connlaoth will kill itself with it's love for war. The more she pondered this, she began to wonder if their predictions were true.
"How.. often do you travel there? To Connlaoth I mean." It seemed like a whole other world away.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

KingTyrant

Neyan glanced at her, smiling a bit. "This was the first time I had been in... A year, or so. I don't like staying long... The people scare me... I've been threatened with death. And worse..." She looked off to the side, seeming uncomfortable to elaborate. "I feel like it's my duty to go... Help my people come closer to peace, and visit with family, as well." She told her. Neyan loved her family dearly... They had always supported her practicing of magic, and knowing they lived in a war-zone terrified her. She had to go simply to make sure they were still alive.

Tri crossed his arms, shaking his head slightly at Evelyn's comment regarding Connlaoth. "Sometimes I wish the damned place was a fairy tale." He said bluntly. He hated saying that in front of two Connlaothian women, especially someone as patriotic as Neyan. Still, he felt like it needed to be said. "They're a violent bunch. Serenians have a good reason not to trust industrial powerhouses who have no issue with mage genocide." He growled slightly. This stance wasn't surprising from Tri, a Serenian.

Serendipity was renowned for its magic-influenced culture, everything in the land run somewhat by the arcane. Wizards and sorcerers were treated like kings in Serendipity, rather than oddballs and freaks in the rest of Le'raana, or even like monsters in the aforementioned Connlaoth. It wasn't entirely out of line for Serendipity to be cautious about the northern kingdom. There was no telling if Connlaoth was going to bring its hatred of magic down south, when and if the war in the north was ever won.

Neyan seemed to pout at Tri, fists clenched around the fabric of her robe slightly. "Not all of us are bad, Tri... So many of us fight for change..." She whimpered, not exactly happy with his assessment of her homeland. Tri just closed his eyes, feeling bad for how naive she really was. "You think by waging war and killing them left and right, you'll cause change? More Connlaothian people fear your kind because of the war, Neyan." He looked towards her, expression stern. "I think it's time to simply lay down your weapons and end the conflict. It's accomplishing nothing."

visualspice

Evelyn remained quiet as she listened to the pair. She couldn't say she approved of what Tri said to Neyan, and she could see the woman wilting at the judgement.

She placed a hand on Tri.
"You speak to her as if she alone can stop the conflict. War isn't that easy, and it's her life. It's her choice to make."

KingTyrant

Tri blinked at Evelyn, pondering what he had said to his friend for a moment before giving a sigh, nodding. "Yes... I understand." He murmured, eyes closed. He opened them after a bit to look at Neyan. "I apologize... I should know better than to treat my political opinions as fact..." He said. Neyan just smiled, shaking her head. "It's ok! I'm not mad!" She said giddily.

Out of nowhere, she practically climbed over Tri to hug Evelyn, the man grunting as one of her knees dug its way into his groin. "Thank you, best friend!" She said to Evelyn, noticing how the woman had stood up for her. Tri tried moving her leg with his hand, to no avail. "Yes, it's wonderful, Ms. Grey is your friend... Now, please sit back down, before you sterilize me." He growled slightly. Her eyes went wide, and she sat down with a blush. "Sorry, sorry, Tri!"

The swordsman shook his head slightly, adjusting himself before turning to Evelyn and clearing his throat. "I'm... Well enough to go dispose of those bodies... Afterwards... I think I'd like to rest. You should too." He recommended to her, standing and holding his side a bit as he walked off. "Ah... Also. I'd like to take a trip into town tomorrow, if you don't mind accompanying me, Evelyn."

Neyan blinked. "Town? Why?" He shrugged. "See the sights. Do a bit of shopping. I wouldn't mind tasting some Essyrni wine, while I'm out." He wasn't about to tell his true reasons as to why he wanted to go out. In all reality, while he wouldn't mind taking a tour around town and having a drink or two, he mainly wanted to get information from the rabble regarding the fat bastard who stole his property. Somebody had to know something.

visualspice

"Well, tomorrow is another day and it might be too early for you to travel into town. You're still hurt," Evelyn reminded. And the poor other girl just trampled all over his groin! She was trying not to laugh about it, but, it was quite a humorous moment in an other wise serious affair. Either way, that was quickly tucked away. She herself, after all, was still a bit blushing after the young girl decided to make her her friend and give her a peppy hug.

"Do you need help?" She wasn't sure she wanted to deal with dead bodies herself, but he had saved her life on more than on occasion and even though she was doing a lot on her part, she still felt like it would be rude of her not to offer her assistance. Who would have thought the woman would even ever have to handle the dead?

KingTyrant

Tri shrugged off her worries, just smirking. "I had a scratch, I think I'll be ok. Besides, my doctor had me taken care of." He gestured towards Neyan. Needless to say, as much as Evelyn was probably right about him needing bedrest, he couldn't truly see reason, as his mind was clouded with redemption, no matter what cost that redemption came with. He was determined, in somewhat of a bad way.

As she mentioned helping out, Tri was tempted to make a snide remark about her remaining seated, as to not break a nail. As funny as the joke might've been, he decided to keep his offense of the noblewoman at a minimum. She had housed him... Regardless of how much danger it put him in, being caught between her and her rivals, he did appreciate it a good bit. After a moment, he nodded. "Very well... I guess a helping hand couldn't hurt."

Tri walked out into the burning sun, the bodies around him practically frying from the heat. As he made contact with one, sure enough, it was hot to the touch. He could feel the heat through his gauntlet, even. Tri was honestly amazed how hot Essyrn was, even for a dry, lifeless desert. "Perhaps you're worried that I'll see the slave-trade firsthand? I notice that to be quite the embarrassment for residents against that kind of practice." He raised a brow at her.

He didn't realize how touchy what he said truly was until he said it. At that point, though, it was too late. Hopefully Evelyn would realize his words as simple curiosity, and nothing to get too offended over. Besides, he didn't see too many slaves around Evelyn's property. He at least assumed that Thresha was paid for her duties.

visualspice

Evelyn folded her hands across her chest and gave a sharp look towards Tri. Why was he suddenly chastising her lifestyle all of a sudden? There were dead bodies to attend to and both of their lives could still be in danger.

"I hardly find this an appropriate subject to speak of when there are dead bodies lying in my lawn." she swatted at a fly that buzzed across her face and swore in essyrni as she held up a hand to her nose. "I can not believe they're smelling already."

Sighing, she drew a clothe veil across her face, a light shield from the smell, but she had little else to ward it off. Even the scent of her perfume on it did little to help- but it was at least something.

"Got any bright ideas?" she was certainly out. It wasn't like this was on her list of things she was well at doing- or would have ever considered herself to do in all of her life. It was only then she turned to Thresha, who was timidly staying back near the house, but suggesting the cart to lug the bodies out of there.

Evelyn sighed and raked a hand through her curly blonde hair before casting a look Tri's way.
"We could load the bodies onto the back of my wagon- but we'd still have to figure out a place to dispose of them. And at night." There'd be too many eyes on them during the day. At night, less people would notice the color of their skin, or who they were, or where they were even going. And thankfully, not many traveled around this private section of the Niafi river delta.  She cleared her throat at the idea.

"I suppose we could put them in the river. Let the Niafi take them away." Assuming the bodies weren't cursed and wouldn't float onto an opposing shore line before making it out to sea. If anything, maybe the corpses would make good crocodile meat.

KingTyrant

Tri gave her a frown, but nodded, respecting her wishes and silencing himself regarding anything to have to do with town. He picked up one of the bodies, not seeming to mind the smell too much. After all, Tri was surrounded by death on a regular basis. He then picked up another by its collar, simply dragging it against the ground behind him.

Hearing her comments about the smell, he simply shrugged, making a hmph noise. "Well... They've had time to cook out here. Unless you're a cannibal, the smell of medium-well human flesh isn't a pleasant one." He joked slightly, but the joke was delivered with such dryness that no one would be able to tell that it was a joke at all. He pondered what to do with the bodies even before she asked... They could always bury them the old fashioned way, but that would be time-consuming. And the sand wasn't a proper material for burying anything.

It was at that point that Thresha pointed out the cart, and he immediately got to taking the bodies there. One after the other, he piled them in, the stack very soon unstable and looking like it was at the verge of toppling over at any point. "I suppose disposing of them at night is the smartest idea... Wouldn't want to be caught by the wrong people with a wagon full of corpses." He rolled his eyes. An arrest was something he certainly did not need.

As she brought up the river, he looked at her with an exhausted expression. "It just may be the only way to get rid of dead bodies in a land mostly populated by sand..." He said, looking towards the sky. "Tonight, then... We head out tonight and finish this dirty work, and then come back and have a good night's rest. And hope some poor fisherman doesn't end up hooking one of these poor bastards." He said decidedly, patting the chest of the body that rested at the top of the pile.