Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A change in the dusty wind (Open)

Started by Mephistel, March 29, 2016, 11:51:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mephistel

The God turned his head toward the mage.

-Regret it?...-

He repeated, frowning a little. It wasn't in his intention, but he wondered what he meant by that.

-So...will you finally tell me what it is you want for payment?-

Wave

"I believe I already did."
There was no way to predict the gods reaction. He either hated them enough or things could get unpleasant. 

Mephistel

Ruvyk raised an eyebrow, he had no idea what the mage was talking about. If he already took payment, then what was it, how hard it was to answer a single question? Zodiac was getting on his nerves as it was, but at least the curse was off now.

-Find then...you can leave whenever you want...-

He said, walking out of the room.

Wave

A barrier stopped Ruvyk at the door.
"I'll repeat myself since you were to ignorant to listen: Let me deal with the two friends of yours. "

Mephistel

Stopped by the barrier, the God turned his head slowly toward the mage. There...it wasn't so hard to say no? So that was what he wanted?

-And....am I stopping you from doing so?-

He asked. Turning his whole body toward Zodiac. He didn't get what was going on into that man's head. Ruvyk had his powers back, he still wanted to take revenge on the two Gods but, why was the man so insistant?

-Listen...you might be a powerful mage, but you don't want to get on my bad side either...and I getting to the end of my patience...you want to deal with Arius and Domyr...sure, go ahead...I don't think you were waiting for my permission were you?...-

Wave

He either really was this stupid or did this on purpose. Possibly both.

"I shouldn't get on your bad side? Think about that for moment."
He was asking to take on two gods, one would not be the issue.

Mephistel

Ruvyk shook his head.

-Your waiting for me to open a path for you? Is that it...-

He looked annoyed. But something might have escaped Zodiac. It took two gods to put down one. Who had an issue here he wondered.

-Find me back at the west entrance of town...at eleven...don't be late...-

He walked away, dissipating the barrier if it was still there and walked off.

Wave

Zodiac just grumbled as Ruvyk walked through the door.
He waited until the god was gone to go. With nothing better to do, he went straight to the west gate and waited there.

This will be fun.

Mephistel

Eleven O' clock, Ruvyk had made his way to the west entrance, precisely on time. Seing how Zodiac was already there, he simply nodded to him. He motion for him to follow and entered the desert area. It would be a small walk from him but they had to be away from the town, he didn't want just any idiot to get in the way.

They walked for a while, Ruvyk was silent. He was deep in toughts, now what would happen once Zodiac would set foot there? Ruvyk wanted his revenge, but what did Zodiac wanted? He wondered, but he had a feeling he wouldn't really like it.

Once the city was out of sight, Ruvyk stopped. They were in the middle of nowhere, with sand forever surrounding them. The wind was dusty and almost reek with blood for some reason. It was almost midnight. The god lift his head toward the stars.

-Get ready....-

He said slowly.

Wave

"Should we knock on a door before entering?" 

Mephistel

Ruvyk chuckle a bit.

-No...that won't be necessary...-

He said. The last of his words couldn't be heard as a gush of wind swipe them up. The wind was red and could been seen, like some sort of sandstorm, but even more deadly and creepy, as they were actually been lift up by a swarm of locust. Red...big ones at that.

Shielding them with water, they couldn't see anything apart from each other and the insects, eventually, blinded by a strong light as they landed on something soft.

They were back in the desert, but it was daytime. As far as the eye could see, only sand, and tree gigantic stones of black marble heading toward the sky.

-So...wind or earth?-

Wave

Zodiac observed the whole process carefully, but couldn't even imagine how it worked, which was annoying to say the least.

He looked around as they landed before replying: "We get a choice? How awfully considerate of them."

Mephistel

Ruvyk turned his head toward the mage.

-Considerate...not really...do you remember what I said when I first talked to you?...Me and them we are some sort of a trio...right now, this is our domain....and each of the monument you see is one of our temple...one of them is mine...they probably already felt our presence...-

He said.

Wave

"Interesting. Well... who do you hate more, I guess?"

Mephistel

ruvyk shrugged. Who he hated more didn't matter. Both of them were annoying. He started walking toward one of the monument. They walked for a long while as they eventually reach the monument, it felt as if the building was touching the sky, it was impossible to see it's end.

They faced a large stair case, leading to gigantic doors which many scriptures on it and runes. The doors opened slowly as a small figure walked outside. A tan young man with deep green hair and gold eyes.

-So...you found a way to come back Ruvyk?...You even brought a mortal with you...-

The other god frowned. Ruvyk smiled.

-Well..yeah, nice to see you too...brother Arius...-

He said.

Wave

So Arius did not recognize him either. But maybe didn't even know him in the first place. Were they really this naive?
It wouldn't matter in a minute. Zodiac was just left with the question if Ruvyk really hated them enough to not drive a dagger through his back.

He wouldn't do anything for now. The more distracted they were, the easier this would be in the end.

Mephistel

Ruvyk looked at his brother, then glance back at Zodiac. What was he waiting for? He wondered.

-Well..you know why I'm here anyway...-
-We've scealed you once...we can do it again...and this time we might not be so forgiving...-

A smirk appeared on his face.

-Good thing I'm not alone then...heh...Zodiac...he's all yours...didn't you say you wanted to deal with them?-

With that, Ruvyk vanished into the air, while only his laugh remained until it dissipated. Disapearing from sight, leaving Zodiac alone with the other God. Arius turned his gaze upon the mage.

-You shouldn't have come here...-

With that, the God's aura started to grow stronger, it felt a bit weaker then what he had saw from Ruvyk, but it still remained a god. The ground started to shake and crumble under Zodiac's feet, as large whirlwind sprout from the air, aiming at Zodiac and constricting his movements.

Wave

Zodiac didn't say anything and waited until the whirlwind had thrown up a lot of sand.
He didn't need any time to prepare, but getting a surprise on foes was always great.
With a single move of his hand, the whirlwind dissolved.

As the dust settled, the thin purple lines that were now covering whole clothing revealed them self.

"Let's hope that that's not the best you can do. Otherwise you might not be worth the time."

Mephistel

The God raised an eyebrow.

-Who do you think you are? Challenging a God, how foolish!-

The god started to float into the air, taking flight as the sun started to turn very harsh, the heat of the desert rising to been almost unbearable, sand started crawling around Zodiac as it turned into piercing needles, entering the mage's flesh with ease, breaking any magical barrier in the way as he was soon covered in sand, like a coffins with thousands of needles piercing his skin.

Wave

Zodiac just stood there. It really had been a while that he had a challenge.
But he already had enough of it.

The sand that had gathered around him as he reappeared behind Arius.
"How foolish of you to ignore threats just because you're a god. "
A blast send the god back to the ground.
"Any last words?", he taunted the god as he landed next to him.