Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A change in the dusty wind (Open)

Started by Mephistel, March 29, 2016, 11:51:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mephistel

Ruvyk shrugged a bit. He took another sip of his tea before putting the cup back on one of the table near him and lean forward toward the mage.

-Fine...I suppose we all have our little secrets...anyway...what I'm dealing with are the 2 Gods of the desert...Arius and Domyr...you probably know about them. Arius is the God of wind, he watched over the sky and bring sandstorms here and there...Domyr is the God of Earth, wich call on sandstorms and the hot and cold of the desert sand...with one last God, they were some sort of a trio...-

He began, looking at Zodiak.

-Can you guess who the last God was?

Wave

Zodiak sat there, puzzling for a bit. His knowledge of gods was a bit dusty to say the least, and the names didn't sound familiar.
"Well, let's see... Air, earth... So probably either Fire or Water?
Never mind, scratch fire. This is a desert after all."

Mephistel

Ruvyk smirk.

-The water God...-

He said. He tilt his head, with the same shark like smile on his face. He started playing with the rings at his fingers, a habit he had when he was thinking about things he didn't like.

-Said Gods didn't like how the water God, who was suppose to watch over oasis and mortals was acting...and so they cursed him and banished him to Earth...-

The rest would be easy to guess now.

-I suppose you can guess who I am now?

Wave

Zodiac just slowly realized what Ruvyk meant. The moment he had been working for his entire live, up until the point were everything was taken from him, was happening right now.

But why now!?

"Alright... Care to tell me a little bit more about the curse part and we'll see what I can do."

Mephistel

Ruvyk was thinking for a moment, looking at the shadow of Zodiak's hood, while wondering how he could bring the curse on the table.

-Well, you see, there are two way for me to break the curse...either I kill the Gods who put it on me...or I achieve that ''lesson'' thingy they want me to do...-

He said. Put like this, it sounded simple, but it was far from been so. Gods were not that easy to reach.

-And to put it bluntly...I'm curse to help those who ask...no matter what...that's probably what you felt when I went to help the child...-

Wave

"Cursed... to help."
The possibilities just seemed endless, but having a god on his side while fighting others also didn't seem like a terrible idea.

"Maybe add a third option... What happens if you try to resist?"
He had no idea if he could break a curse, but he could any try it if it was active. And that would mean triggering the curse, probably more than just once.

Mephistel

Ruvyk stick out his tongue at the last question. What happened if his resisted. Not that he could do much resist this curse, the first time he had fight off that urge of helping, he had felt very sick and bad about himself, and pain had torn him over.

-Nothing great, really...pain, disgust...things that aren't very pleasant...-

He said, stretching a bit. Despite all, he seemed rather relax. Taking another sip of tea, he looked at Zodiac.

-But yeah, you get the gist of it..-

Wave

"Indeed... I'll be honest: I have never worked with a curse before. And working with something you can't even see is just slightly impossible."
He hated that word, and paused.

"You can probably see were I'm going with this?"

Mephistel

Ruvyk raised an eyebrow to the man.

-That is...-

He wasn't exactly sure what the man meant by that. Of course working with curses could be difficult, but so was working with magic.

-Would you mind sharing what it is you want then? So we can be clear?-

He inquired, sitting back up in a more up front position, putting the tea cup on the table.

Wave

"If you want me to attempt to break the curse, we'd need to trigger the curse. And probably more than once."
He paused to see his reaction.

"Depending on how complex it is, I could try to copy it instead of breaking it to figure out if I even can."

Mephistel

The idea of having to trigger the curse didn't seems to please the young man all that much, even in the sake of having it broken. His expression was clearly showing it. He looked a bit annoyed for a moment, before speaking anew.

-I don't know how much of it you can study just by triggering it...tough I suppose I don't have much choice now do I?-

He said, passing a hand in his hair, tilting on the side, while looking around.

Wave

Zodiac saw that he wasn't exactly amazed by the idea.
"If you'd rather kill two gods, I wouldn't mind"

He hadn't tried to copy anything complex in past after the... incident, so doing it right here was out of question until he got prepared a little better.

Mephistel

Ruvyk seemed to be back in toughts, wondering what to do. He wanted his revenge on those two gods, they deserved it anyway.

-Well...I suppose one way of the other will help us getting closer to what we want, because I don't suppose you'll be helping me out of pure charity! -

He finally said.

-So I'm guessing that we should work together on to this...what says you?-

Wave

"Sounds good"
He didn't say much more, too busy with his own thoughts.

It really had been quite some time...

Mephistel

With that decided, Ruvyk kept looking at Zodiac. And now what?

-So...any idea on where to start?-

The young god asked, laying back into the pile of cushions. There would probably some things needed to be ready first, but it was always nice to have a small idea of what was ahead.

Wave

"I'll need some time to prepare. It's... been a while."
He paused to think if there was anything else to be done.
"If you have nothing better to do, you could try to figure out how to kill two gods."

Mephistel

Ruvyk nodded to the other.

-It's not gonna be easy...first, we need to reach them...but yeah...I'll be working on it...-

He said. The sun outside was slowly going down, the day was coming to an end and the cold night of the desert would soon befall the land. Ruvyk got up.

-Well, it's almost night time...I don't know if you had a place to stay?-

Wave

"I didn't actually plan to stay, so unfortunately no"
Zodiac could just take a room at the inn, but Ruvyk would probably offer him something.

But he wanted to try something first. A small white orb appeared in front of him. He needed a few seconds to stop it from flickering, which really showed how long he hasn't done this.

Mephistel

Ruvyk nodded slowly. He was reluctant to just let any stranger in, but, this seems like they would be in this together for a while, both working toward relatively similar goal.

-Well...I suppose I could clean a room for you if you want...-

By cleaning, he met pushing the items he had gathered in some corners and get the maid to put out a bed for Zodiac. The young man wasn't exactly the greatest host on earth. He looked at the flickering light, wondering what in the world this man had in mind, while himself, was thinking fast about what to do about the gods.

The first thing needed would be to reach them.

Wave

"Only if it's no trouble. I can just take a room at the inn."

The orb expanded and started to fade. A few magical objects in the room started to glow, but unfortunately it didn't affect the curse. But it was worth a try.

"It's never that simple..."
However, it affected something else. Zodiac didn't even notice that the glyphs, the reason he always kept his face hidden, we're glowing faintly.