Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A change in the dusty wind (Open)

Started by Mephistel, March 29, 2016, 11:51:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mephistel

-It's not like I blend in either...-

Most people were dark skinned and his pale one was attracting a lot of attention. Which was both good and bad. It made him stand out as a merchant but also attracted curiosity over himself. He tilted his head for a moment, then left the room and climbed down the stairs, waiting for Zodiac to follow and headed out toward the market and the streets.

Wave

Zodiac followed him at a distance. They could both draw enough attention alone, so just trailing behind was good enough.

Mephistel

Ruvyk would walk for a while, eventually entering some back alley and wandering off to go know where. He followed a certain path and finally got to some old dusty and eerie shop. Entering the door, which rang a small bell attach to the top, he started looking at the various items.

Some had magical aura to them, other were just looking strange with no real properties. Ruvyk didn't got any of the latest. Eventually reaching for some more intriguing relics. The old vendor came to him.

-Ahh, if it isn't the young master Ruvyk...a pleasure to see you as always my boy!-

The old man said with a somewhat greedy and sweet honey voice. His old shaking hands resting at the young man's clothes. The god didn't seem to notice, or cared as he was checking some of the crystal. They did radiate a powerful aura. He took them, there were 3 in total, a red, blue and violet sphere.

-I'll take these for today...I suppose you haven't receive anything else yet?-

-No...not yet...but soon, be sure to come back and I'll show you something really nice...I'm sure you'll find it quite...pleasant...-

The old man said, smiling to the young man. He paid for the stones then walked outside, shivering a bit.

-I hate when he does that!...that fool!-

He let out, grumbling.

Wave

Zodiac waited outside, next to the door.
"Any chance you'll tell me your plan?"

Mephistel

Ruvyk nodded.

-Ahh... I suppose I could...but not here...-

He said, there was another place he wanted to go, and so he moved on and they walked again the mids of the back alleys, which were like a maze in this town, if one didn't knew his way around. But quickly, they were stopped by some thugs, knives out and smiling as they stopped the two of them.

-Look what we have here...look like some royalties lost itself...hmm, hand over your riches...and we might let you go girlie!-

The one who looked to be the leader of the gang said, clearly adressing Ruvyk. He frowned, his eyes twitching a bit. Had that man just called him girlie?

-Girlie?...HOW AM I FREAKING GIRLIE?-

He asked, apparently not happy with that last comment, completely ignoring the man's request.

Wave

Zodiac had to follow right behind Ruvyk to not lose him in the maze of the alleys.

"Looks like target practice...", he muttered to himself, ignoring Ruvyk for now.
Practicing something was always easier with real targets, but they were... hard to come across.

He let thugs make the first move. It was always easier to kill unsuspecting targets with his magic. If they resisted however, things could sometimes not be as pleasant. He always thought everyone deserved a quick death.

Mephistel

Ruvyk had no intention of giving them anything and just spoke.

-Better get out of my sight...or you will regret it!-

He said, his tone of voice was cold. But the thugs didn't seemed to care as one of them pushed Ruvyk against the wall, holding him by the scarf around his neck.

-And what will you do doll face?-

Ruvyk showed a shark like smile.

-I'll kill you...-

He quickly put his hand on the thug's mouth and water started pouring from it, holding him with his other hand, forcing the water into his mouth and drowning him on the spot, slowly. Cruelty and amusement could be seen in the god's eyes.

The other looked at it with either fear or confusion, but it did not stop them. noticing the other man's presence, some started heading Zodiac's way, hoping to still make some money in the process.

Wave

Zodiac just stood there as the thugs turned towards him.
"Yep, you are as stupid as you look."
He waited until they got closer. The more confident they were, the easier they die.
One of them was close enough to take a swing with the dagger he was holding, but before he could even start that, he just fell to the ground. Before the others could even react, 3 more dropped dead.

He stopped for now, leaving the rest with the option to make a smarter decision than the others. They weren't worth the effort.

Mephistel

The one Ruvyk was holding was left on the ground, drowned. It was funny how someone could drown in the desert. But as he looked over to Zodiac and saw the rest, as dead. He whistle out of admiration.

-Oh my...quick on the job aren't we?-

The rest didn't wanted to stay, they started to run for their lives, calling them demons.

-Ahh...I don't think so...-

But it wasn't satisfactory for Ruvyk, the remaining two were quickly caught by water tendrils and brought back. They tried calling for help but soon, water filled their lungs and they drowned, like the first one. Only  then did the God's smile truly turned amused as he simply walked over the dead bodies and moved on without another word.

Wave

"Demons... well, that's new."
While wrong, he could do something to justify being called that even more. But it wasn't worth the effort. And Ruvyk killed the rest before he could even make up his mind.

With all of them dead, Zodiac moved on and followed Rubyk, not saying anything because he was lost in thoughts again.

Mephistel

They moved to a few other shady stores before Ruvyk was done with the shopping and came back to his house. Upon arrival, he asked the servant to prepare diner for them and to bring it to them once ready.

He moved to his room and finally got the few items he had bought out. There was the 3, red, blue and violet orbs, some sort of amulet, two electric blue crystal and a ring with a skull with diamond in the eyes on it.

-Well...let's see...currently, I'm trying to get ourselves a ticket to the Gods realm...since I know these two Gods, it'll be easier but still...offerings...sceal breaking...protective charms...we need to be ready...they got a few tricks up their sleeves...-

He said, while putting the items he had just display back into the small pouch he was wearing at his belt.

Wave

Zodiac eyed Ruvyks collection, nothing really catching his eye.
"You worry too much", he mumbled. More to himself than anything.

But he had to wonder if Ruvyk knew more ways to get into other gods realms. Such knowledge could prove very useful. Especially because he had been hunting it in the past.

"But just out of curiosity: You does one get into the realm of a god?"

Mephistel

Ruvyk sat back into his pile of cushions, looking like some prince and looked at Zodiac.

-There are many ways...and some will depends on the God you want to enter the realm of...of course...a mere mortal can't hope to just enter the place so easily...-

He said, tilting his head on the side.

Wave

"It's never easy."
Zodiac wanted to say that Ruvyk was wrong. But he had no idea where to even start.
And the god probably wouldn't just give it away either.

Mephistel

-So...what about you? Did you think up anything yet?-

He asked, looking at Zodiac with curiosity.

Wave

Zodiac debated for a few second what the best way to put it would be.
"I think I came up with enough ways to deal with your curse."
He didn't say anything about breaking it on purpose.

"I don't think you'll like most of them."

Mephistel

Ruvyk raised an eyebrow, looking at Zodiac, once again, he couldn't pierce the darkness under the hood, that did annoyed him a lot.

-Dealing with?....Well, tell me anyway, if you keep it all to yourself, we ain't gonna make much progress are we?-

He said, clicking his tongue as he frowned.

Wave

"I'll tell you more once I get a look at the curse. Maybe this will be easier than I think."

Mephistel

-Looking at the curse?....How do you even do that?-

He asked, now curious. So far, it only manifested when asked for help, and it didn't had any visual effect, only on the inside, did he felt the urge to help.

Wave

That definitely was a good point. Zodiac didn't even know if a curse had a pattern or if he could see it. He just assumed it since he felt the curse.

"That'd take too long to explain."
And he'd risk that the god would somehow recognize him. Although he'd probably already have. But Zodiac was interested in taking that risk.