Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A change in the dusty wind (Open)

Started by Mephistel, March 29, 2016, 11:51:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mephistel

Ruvyk frowned some more, this time, his patience was reaching somewhat it's limits.

-It's not as if we didn't had any time in front of us...now do we? -

He said, sitting a bit more straight.

-If you got something to say, say it...I've been patient so far...but don't take it for granted...-

He said. The aura surrounding the god had suddenly rose, but his expression remained the same, no external changes, except for a slight glow in Ruvyk's red eyes.

Wave

"No. I'd rather not"
He now just did it to spite the god even more. He wanted to see how far Ruvyk would go. And maybe even to get an idea how he would fight a god.

They unfortunately were immortal after all.
But just maybe that's a good thing...

Mephistel

This one was annoying alright. Ruvyk looked at him, wondering what he should do. He was angered and not particularly happy. What was this man hiding, what was his goal?

-You should know better then to anger a God...I've asked you a question...or would you rather have your guts spilled open?-

He said. The aura around him seemed to grow some more but soon flick of magical sparks seemed to restrict it. Ruvyk let out a cry of pain and surprise as runes appeared over his body. He greeted his teeth.

-Stupid curse...-

He calmed down, the aura soon disapearing as he sighed.

Wave

Zodiac completely ignored Ruvyk now, too focused on one of the sparks he managed to trap in a small, purple shimmering field.

"Good-... This might be the most complex-"
No. That was wrong. The scroll that trapped his mind in this odd maze was the most complex
"... one of the most complex things I have seen."

He now turned his attention back to Ruvyk.
"This will probably take some time."

Mephistel

Ruvyk looked up at him. He frowned then eventually walked off, mumbling about something and left the room without another word.

He was annoyed and couldn't do much with his powers scealed like that. He could feel his hatred growing even more toward those two gods. They deserved a lesson.

And this Zodiac...he needed to know more about him. He walked up to another room and locked himself in.

Wave

Zodiac just watched Ruvyk leave, and immediately turned his attention back to the spark.
It would take some time to find a weak spot in such a complex pattern, but once he did, breaking the curse should be easy.
Even if it wouldn't work, he still had options, which was likely. He only had one chance for now. If he messed up, he'd probably need to somehow anger the god again.

Mephistel

The spark, even tough locked, was furiously clashing against the barrier, slowly weakening it. It was apparently trying to escape.

Ruvyk on his side, was in his room and looking around items, trying to find a certain objects, once he found it, he gave a smirk and went back to work. He would need a little time, but he would find out who Zodiac was...

If he had his powers, he wouldn't need to use such methods, but times were hard.

Wave

Zodiac just grumbled as the damn spark wouldn't stop moving. This was hard enough as it is.
He initially didn't want to risk destroying the shard, but since it really wouldn't stop, he'd need to stop it.

He started to slowly remove a piece of the sparks pattern. It was just his guess that that part was responsible for spark moving. As he did, it suddenly disappeared.
Zodiac started quietly cussing, before realizing that the spark was gone, but it's pattern wasn't. He never managed to an objects pattern on purpose, so this was a start.

Mephistel

While Zodiac was working on the spark, Ruvyk was using an old water mirror and some magical crystal to learn a little more about this Zodiac. Pouring magical water from his fingers into the small basin, he then crushed the crystal between his hands without much problem and let the small powder fall into the water.

It swiftly turned purple, then eventually crystal clear. As he peered into the water, knowledge came to him, revealing the hidden truth. He couldn't see all there was, after all, this kind of magic was a bit restricting, but it was enough.

Ruvyk smirk, finally getting a hold of what was unknown and put an end to the spell. In a better mood, he left his room, heading down stairs.

Wave

It took a while, but Zodiac managed to understand the pattern. Once he achieved that, it was simple: Remove a specific part of its pattern and watch the rest of it collapse.
Now he just needed to do that to the curse and he should be done with it. In theory.

But he probably wouldn't do that today. He already had to sit down after this and wasn't feeling like doing it again today.

Mephistel

Ruvyk didn't bother to pass by Zodiac's room, he got himself some food and went straight back to his room. He put the plate on the side and sat in the cushions, taking out a book that he swiftly open. Reading while eating.

By the time he had done all that, it was already late. So once he was done with his supper, he blew the candles and went to sleep. Once again, the protectives runes showing up on his body as he fell asleep.

Wave

Zodiac wouldn't go and check what the god was up to and just went to sleep.
It was still Ruvyks problem, not his.

Mephistel

Morning came again. Ruvyk got up, stretched a bit and went on to take a bath in the bath room. It was a huge room with a central bath that could welcome at least ten person in it. It was well fitting, even in this kind of remote place.

Wave

Zodiac was still fast asleep. And he probably wouldn't wake up for another few hours.

Mephistel

Ruvyk eventually came out and after clothing himself, went back, passing by Zodiac's room, seing him asleep, he wondered, and with curiosity, decided to approach the man. Silently making his way toward him, he reached for the man's hood and slowly took it off the man's face, trying his best not to wake him up.

Wave

A blast send Ruvyk to the other side of the room before could even touch Zodiacs hood.
He jumped up, ready to kill whatever had to audacity to wake him up. It took him a second to even remember where he was.

Mephistel

Avoiding any damage by shielding himself up with a water shield, but he did was sent into the air. He crashed against a pile of books and slowly got up, the water shield still up as he looked at Zodiac.

-Ehhh....so it was true...-

He said slowly, dusting off his clothes as he looked at the man. He glanced at him for a moment.

-What is your goal...Zodiac?...Are you gonna try and kill me? Isn't that what you were up to till a while ago? -

He asked, tilting his head.

Wave

Zodiac tilted his head slightly before replying.
"No. Killing a god is not part of any of my plans. It's a waste of time, and more importantly, a waste of a valuable resource"
He tended to just reduce things he could find useful to resources. And Immortals sure were a valuable one.

"I don't know how you got that into your head, but the answer is still no."

Mephistel

-.....-

Was he wrong? Had the water lied? Certainly not, but he wondered. The barrier made of water dissipated and he walked off.

-Fine...I just want that damn curse off me...also, you still didn't told me your price...-

He said, stopping at the door entrance and turning his red eyes toward the man. He didn't like the fact that he was considered....a ressource, but for now, he would have to put up with it...for now.

Wave

"I doubt he'd see it as a real price to pay...
Let me deal with your two friends. Oh, and do me a favor while your at it: Don't meddle with things you really should meddle with."