Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

In a thieving pickle - now with Arca~! (Part 2ish) (JackieCat)

Started by Ruby Red, April 03, 2016, 07:57:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruby Red

"Mooom~! Dad's tickl-IIEEE!"

Rose breaks out into uncontrollable giggling and laughter, unable to finish her sentence as her father descends to wake her up for morning, this time by bombarding her with such devious tickling through her bed's blankets. He picks her up after several moments of 'fighting', blanket and all, hoists her over his shoulder as she wrestles and flails, then calmly walks her all the way into the kitchen and plops her down in the seat of the kitchen table. Still with her blanket wrapped around her, Rose mockingly sticks her tongue out to her father as he passes to help her mother finish the pancakes; This morning's meal.

Pleasant dreams of home. Rose missed it already.

Rose Ebonheart snoozes within the crimson cloak of hers that she was using as a blanket, her soft breathing - almost imperceivable in the shifting breeze and rustling brush. It was morning already, but she was still napping soundly, and dreaming of home. Golden hues of light sprinkling through the forest canopy to lay a mixture of darting shadows and dancing sunlight through the leaves to lay across the pair; Faelis and Rose. The fire between them had turned to mere cinders, crackling near the end of their stay in the ashes. It had done its job well.

Rose stirs eventually, and sleepily pushes herself up to a sitting position, a soft yawn alongside a stretch finishing her awakening. She rubs her eyes, and glances over to see how Faelis was doing, or if he was already awake.

JackieCat

Faelis sitting by the dwindling fire when Rose awoke, putting a few more pieces of wood onto the still-warm ashes.

"Sleep well?" he asked, smiling at her as he prodded and poked at the wood, trying to tempt the small flames higher. "Do you want something to eat?" he said. "If you don't have enough food, I've got plenty."
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Ruby Red

Rose smiles and grabs the container she showed before when he asked a similar question. Shaking it lightly, the small box giving off a slight rattle internally, is how she answers the latter question. "I did, thanks for asking... And offering." She shifts to a more comfortable position, legs off to her right side instead of in front of her, then unclips the container and rummages around inside for something. "What about you?"

JackieCat

(OOC:  So sorry I haven't replied!  I was looking at the first part of our thread and didn't see you had posted!  :P)

IC:"I've got some dried meat and fruit," he said. "Plus a few eggs, you want one?"

He pulled a extremely small cast iron pan from his bag.  He set it over two pieces of wood on the fire and rummaged inside of his bag again.  He pulled out a small long wooden box.  He opened it to reveal leaves stuffed inside around four large white eggs.  He cracked one into the pan and put the rest away, throwing the shell into the woods.  He had, in fact, stolen the eggs from a farmer after making sure they weren't too poor to be negatively impacted by the loss of the eggs.  Faelis didn't steal from people who were poor.

"So, how long ago did you set out?" he asked.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Ruby Red

Thinking it as good as stealing from him, Rose shakes her head at his offer, not wanting to just take his food like that. She was hungry, to be certain, but the bits of bread and other things she had packed for herself were hers from the start. The smell of food cooking turned out to be a very tempting offer though...

"It's been a few days-ish..." She states, "Dad told me to write home a lot, so I guess getting to Arca would be a good start for that. He'd probably like to hear about it." Rose adds, forgetting that she meant to avoid talking about her own family as much as possible. "Mom would probably already know, she knows everything." A grin crosses her face as the thoughts of home invade. They were largely the same, Rose and her parents. All three followed the same path, or more correctly in the case of Rose, were trying to.

JackieCat

"So you're mom travels?" Faelis asked, using one of his small knives to check, and then flip, the egg.  He glanced at Rose and smiled. "you sure you don't want some?" he asked. "I have plenty, don't worry about it!"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ruby Red

"Naaah, it's all yours. My parents travel sometimes, but it's mainly mom. They're always around when I look for them though. Now's the first time I've ever been away from them." She taps her chin, looking up to the canopy of leaves, "Mom has ways of getting around the best so that's why she's usually the one that comes and goes, though she doesn't really come back with the supplies we can't find or make ourselves. Dad does all the trading, going this way-ish, which is why he said to go this way. Mom is always home when he's out." Rose unlatches her own container, then fishes around inside with a light rustling. It was clearly full of something.

JackieCat

Faelis nodded, and took the skillet off of the fire and set it down to let the egg cool.

"What do your parents do for a living?" Faelis asked, wondering what was in the girl's container.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ruby Red

Rose takes a large chocolate-chip cookie from her stash after a moment's rummaging, and immediately takes a large bite. "Weww~" she puts a hand across her mouth, realizing that she was trying to talk with her mouth full. She chews for a moment, then swallows. "Mm, sorry. Both kinda do what I want to do; Help people." With another merry bite, she fills her mouth with sweets again. Clearly not a healthy appetite for the average girl, but Rose wasn't exactly average.

JackieCat

Faelis smiled as she extracted the cookie from her container.  His egg cooled, he took a piece of bread from his pouch and ate them together.

"It must be very exiting for you to be finally doing what you've always wanted," Faelis said as he finished swallowing his first bite.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ruby Red

"Yesssssssss I knowwwww..." She comments after and before another bite. Only a small piece of her breakfast remained. Even taking her time, Rose still managed to make a large sweet disappear very quickly.

JackieCat

After they finished eating, Faelis stood.

"We'd better get going," he said, rolling up his bedroll and clasping close his pack. "It's a week to Arca"

It was almost exactly a week later and they were coming up to the gate of the beautiful city.  The spires of the castle could be seen towering over the other buildings, the elegant building built with skill and precision.  The gate was opened, and carts and people went to and fro.

"It must be a market day," Faelis said. "It's sure to be busy in the city!"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ruby Red

"OoooooOoooooooh...." Rose looks as if she wants to skip off ahead of Faelis upon seeing Arca, her excitement showing with the wonderment across her features. She had never been to a city, or even a town for that matter. All she knew was home, obviously. Arca, with its size and extravagance, was nothing like home.

JackieCat

Seeing as the girl had never seen such a large city, Faelis was not surprised to see how excited she was.

"Jut be careful," Faelis said. "Not everyone is a good person."

He didn't want to make her suspicious of him by warning her, but he seriously didn't want her to get hurt either.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ruby Red

"Hm?" Rose looks back up to him beside her, "Like that guy that's a bad guy?" She asks. As the next moment passes, she inches closer to Faelis, not knowing if she should stay closer to him because of it. "....What do we do...?"

JackieCat

"Yes, like that guy," Faelis said. "But also people who aren't exactly evil, but who don't care much for others."

But he smiled. "But don't let that knowledge dampen your experience here, there's plenty of good people too!"

As they entered the great city they could see that the streets were lined with vendors hawking their wares, and people buying their goods. "To start, well, we can walk around a bit if you want to see some more of the city," Faelis said.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ruby Red

Understandment eluding her, Rose didn't understand what he meant at all. How could people not care about others and not be bad? She continues closely beside him, nervousness had taken the place of excitement as her mind attempts to process the thought. "I guess..." She quietly answers, suddenly much more timid.

JackieCat

"There's plenty to see," Faelis said, stepping aside as a man ran past, carrying two hens under his arms and three other chickens trailing behind him.

There was plenty to see, and as they walked, a whole world opened up before their eyes.  There were mothers shopping or running after their playing children, farmers selling produce and meats, mages buying and selling spell components, magical amulets, and other items.  There was also a huge assortment of beings present.  Besides many humans, there were elves, dwarves, fairies, and many other types of beings.  There were even a few medium-sized dragons wandering about, as well as a small group of robed people who looked to be demons.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor