Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Wings of Wonder

Started by ZeroOrgan, April 16, 2016, 11:19:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZeroOrgan

Meliadoul stood atop the towering clock tower ,looking about it  ,hunched over like a gargoyle, her green robes fluttering in the wind, and tears flowing from her eyes. People looked up and spotted the winged figure, wondering what she was doing, how she got there, and an infinite amount of questions that would follow.  Meliadoul took in a deep breath...and swan dived off of the tower. Gaining speed like a sky diver, her wings hugging her body like they were super glued. Meliadoul closed her eyes..

Her wings quickly sprouted open, 10 ft off the ground she was sent flying at super speeds throughout the streets, She was still gaining control of them, so this was amazing for her, she laughed and giggled, this was also odd..as she had never truly felt as alive.., She continued her zoom through the streets.

ilithael

Ilithael walked through the capital of Connlaoth, a few people turning and looking at him with some questioning looks. after all, he was wearing a full suit of armor AND had a rather large greatsword on his back. It was a rather nice day, a little blustery too, and he had no plans for that day. hmm. ilithael thought, stopping for a moment, it's been rather boring lately. if only there was something to pass time with.... Suddenly, as if the gods answered his prayers, many people who were before staring at him had started looking over to the top of the towns clock tower, where a young green-clad woman was standing. many of the denizens had questions, such as "who is she?" and "what is she doing?" Ilithael was interested too, and had a few questions himself. before he could think, however, the woman jumped off the top of the tower, gaining speed as she did so. there were gasps from the townspeople, as they had no idea why she did so. Ilithael watched as she drew closer and closer to the ground-

and then a pair of wings unfurled from her cloak.

Ilithael was surprised. "what in the gods?! is she some sort of angel?" he whispered to himself. He finished his decision. "i must get the attention of this rather interesting maiden." such a task would be better said than done, for she had flown through the streets, not having a care in the world. Ilithael would not give in so easily though, and had bolted after the girl in search of answers.

ZeroOrgan

Meliadoul laughed, she zoomed through the streets like a flash of lightning, never had she felt so alive. It was joy, joy beyond joy. Meliadoul quickly pulled up flying into the sky straight up, loosing speed, although she quickly flipped around like a loop-de-loop. And flew back into the streets. As she zoomed about, people gained wonder, and joy. It was a fantastic sight to see and it brought joy into their hearts. Meliadoul smiled..

Although not for long, Suddenly someone popped around the corner, throwing a net at her, and stopped her right in her tracks as the heavy weighted net tangled around her.  she tumbled, bashing through stalls and small walls, before ending up in a tavern, she finally managed to grab a glance at her captors before darkness overtook her.Slavers..by the look, started to quickly surround her.. Meliadoul was incapacitated from the sudden fall and hit to the ground.

ilithael

Ilithael kept running towards the girl, hoping that he could catch up to her in time. Just ahead, he saw as she was thrown to the ground, a net encompassing her. she had stumbled into the tavern as an older man ran in. Ilithael frowned. hmph, he thought, a scowl covering his face underneath the steel helm. That does not look good. I should stop him before she gets taken away. or worse.

He dashed over to the tavern, where the people inside were staring at a young woman, with angelic wings and a green cloak, strewn across the ground, unconscious. next to her, the same older man he had seen was starting to pick up the net she was inside of, a grin plastered on his face. "yer gonna make a great slave, wench. especially with those magical wings of yers." Ilithael grew angry. slavery?! has he gone mad? i refuse to let this pass! Ilithael headed over to the slaver and said, in a rather unhappy tone "I suggest you release the young maiden. before anything......unpleasant, were to happen." His hand went towards his sword's hilt, being ready for anything to happen in the near future.

ZeroOrgan

Meliadoul groaned, slowly turning over and awakening , grasping at her mind's willpower to keep her awake. She moved although found only net restricted her. She overheard the conversation between the two.

""I suggest you release the young maiden. before anything......unple asant, were to happen.""
Thats what the wandering knight said...she slowly started to regain strength.

"Oi! Back off you bloody pompous knight! Shes my foind!" replied the slaver, he raised his axe, as if ready to fight. Although he never got the chance.

Meliadoul grabbed the mans foot, grasping it with a deadly grip, before his entire leg, started alight in holy flame. White flame flickered as it spread throughout the man, and Meliadoul tugged off the net as she stood, letting go of the man as he flailed about in a frantic manner, he quickly found a barrel of water, and with what strength he had left, attempted to douse himself in in..

No affect, the man's screams slowly died down. and Meliadoul looked to the dead body, then to the knight ,blood tricking down her forehead..., She smiled. "Thou art..of righteous intent...god bless." She then gracefully fell to the floor.

ilithael

"Oi! Back off you bloody pompous knight! Shes my foind!" responded the slaver, pulling out his axe. Ilithael glared back at the man, pulling out his greatsword as he did so. if this is how it shall be, then- But his thought was cut off as the woman grabbed his lag and set it alight, white flames spreading throughout his clothes and onto his skin. the man flailed about, trying to get rid of it before grabbing a barrel of water in an attempt to put it out. alas, it was not to be, as the man fell to the floor, burned alive. the barrel fell onto the floor, dousing the flames on the dead man. Ilithael looked back to the woman, who had started speaking "Thou art..of righteous intent...god bless." After speaking, she collapsed to the ground. Ilithael looked to the green clad angel, then looked back to the rest of the tavern, who were in shock from the events that played before them. Knowing that they witnessed magic, Ilithael knew that they were going to become rowdy and want to get after the woman. So Ilithael quickly picked up the maiden, held her over her shoulder, and quickly left the tavern and headed to the clock tower, not wanting to get any attention.

Eventually, he made it to the tower and entered the door, walking up the stairs and reaching the upper floor. He sat down on the floor of the tower and put down the woman, setting her down gently as not to wake her up or hurt her. He looked over to the woman, thinking to himself hmm. whatever shall I do with thee?

ZeroOrgan

Meliadoul lay, the sleeping angel she was, she was fair haired, and rather beautiful. She didn't move in her sleep, merely just lay there, silent as a rock, although breathing very lightly. Meliadoul slowly started to shift about an hour later into the day.

Dusk was arriving, while Meliadoul finally awoke, with a yawn and a stretch, she had awoken from her slumber, rubbing the back of her head , she looked about spotting the knight. She paused for a moment , to not act rashly . But then she smiled, bowing her head..She was still getting used to smiling, she had kept that bloody melancholic glare for quite some time.

"I am in debt ,I would be on a pyre right now. You have my thanks"

ilithael

Ilithael stared at the bright blue sky as it slowly got darker. He looked over to the woman, who had woken up. she had stood up, stretching her arms for a bit before giving him a warm smile. "I am in debt ,I would be on a pyre right now. You have my thanks"

Ilithael stood up, giving her a nod of recognition. "it is not a problem, my lady. Might you tell me your name, perchance? it would be a pleasure to know the name of a rather fair maiden."

ZeroOrgan

Meliadoul nodded, bowing her head and spreading her arms, before responding

"I am Meliadoul Yaelson,  And for your rescue, Im obligated to aid you in a single task"

Meliadoul nodded, keeping her fair smile, She closed her wings behind her back, and pulled off her hood, revealing long dark brown hair. She was wearing full plate , modified for her wings aswell as green robes. and there was an angelic glow from her eyes now.

ilithael

"I am Meliadoul Yaelson,  And for your rescue, I'm obligated to aid you in a single task" she replied, before pulling back her hood, revealing long, dark brown hair. Ilithael stared at the angelic woman before responding "it is good to see you, meliadoul. My name is Ilithael. and as for your 'task'....." he thought about how to respond, before saying "alas, i have no task to complete." after thinking for a bit, he thought about what his next words should be. he continued "however, i am in dire need of something to do. i am feeling rather.......eager to go on an adventure." he frowned as he whispered to himself "not to mention i still need to find my memories..."

ZeroOrgan

Meliadoul smiled, quickly thinking of a response, she had her wings hug herself as she thought, aswell as tapping her chin, before a broad smile was heard and she spoke.

"Ill travel with you for awhile, Im in search of the reason for these wings, S,pose traveling companions?"

She could use a good traveling companion, she was getting tired of walking alone and this company would help her, she really did need to find an answer for her wings though..

ilithael

Ilithael smiled, responding with "Having a traveling companion for the road ahead would be rather nice." he nodded his head in recognition. "yes. we shall be companions for your little quest. speaking of which..." Ilithael found himself staring at the angelic wings on her back just then. he quickly pulled away and looked back at her. "pray tell, how exactly did you get those wings of yours? they look rather beautiful, if i say so myself." he smiled underneath his helmet.

ZeroOrgan

Meliadoul placed her hands on her hips, shrugging lightly , she looked back awkwardly towards the bells of the clocktower, and then focused apon the wandering knight. She stared for a moment, getting a better look at him before responding.

"It sounds odd yes" She glanced towards one of the windows "But..they sprung up one day, like I've always had them. Im still adjusting, as you saw." She giggled to herself ,sighing deeply afterwards, her smile unchanging. She turned back towards the tower, grabbing her rucksack before facing the knight.

"Im on my way to Essyrn, Meet me at the 'Dragons breath' Tavern, round midnight, We can discuss further plans, I've a few things I need to take care of if you dont mind" She smiled, walking to the window slowly and casually .

ilithael

Ilithael gave Meliadoul a nod of recognition. "Of course. Let us go to the tavern then ." He turned and walked over to the door leading out of the tower. as he exited the clock tower, he started thinking to himself. I must say, that woman was a rather...interesting one. A human that ended up having wings sprouting from her back? that is strange indeed."

as he entered the door of the tavern, he felt the stares of many different people. Although this wasn't new to him, he still felt like they were staring at him differently. After all, he was seen carrying a woman that sprouted magical wings from her back, in a nation where magic is forbidden. He couldn't blame them, for they had not known that it was going to happen. "But we shall have to see what happens next." he said to himself. He sat on a nearby chair and waited, wondering what meliadoul's plan was.

ZeroOrgan

Meliadoul could not really ..well, go into open public with her wings, they stood out, and people were bound to notice, she shrugged, and jumped out of the clocktower, it was roughly midnight and so the clocktower bells rang, and she quickly opened her wings, flying at a high altitude towards the tavern, she had been in the city long enough to spot the tavern, and she slowed her decent in a circle manner to slow her down,she landed softly apon the top. She quickly swung through an open window at the end of a hallway on the upper floors of the inn. She focused for a spec, her wings shooting back into her body rather quickly ,and she nearly squealed in pain if she wasn't so tough, anyhow she made her way downstairs, to try and spot Ilithael.

She spotted him, but before moving over she ordered two mugs of ale, and then sat down, placing a mug infront of him before she replied gleefully

"I plan to go to Essyrn, to try and find some refuge, Simple as that. Only problem is getting there safely ,with the both of us enemies shouldn't be a problem.. but there are soemthings that I fear more then the common brigand"

ilithael

Ilithael frowned behind his helmet. Hmm? what could she possibly mean? he thought to himself. "I don't understand. what do you mean?" he repeated to her. "is there a necromancer? a dragon possibly?" He had ignored the mug that had been given to him. He didnt feel like taking off his helmet in the capital of Connlaoth of all places. Besides, he wasn't sure that drinking would do much good, if he even could.