Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A tale of two sisters [M] [Archived]

Started by Medievarad, April 29, 2016, 03:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

"I'm not sure what these ruins are," Shria started, snorting slowly. "But they are massive. Like an underground city."

DragonSong

"Well, then there has to be more than one way out," she pointed out hopefully.

Medievarad

Shria nodded. "There has to be another way out," she agreed. "And we'll find it."

DragonSong

Zahra nodded, falling quiet as her eyes searched the dark of the ruins.

Medievarad

The ruins seemed to just expand more and more as they roamed further. It was as if they were being watched. Occasionally, there was a claw on stone, or a skittering or scurrying. Then silence, long enough for one to think it was imagination. And then it repeated itself.

And the deeper the pair ventured into the room, the more their horses became agitated.

DragonSong

"Shria." Zahra was on edge, trying to control the two horses. "I'm...not so sure about this."

Medievarad

Shria let out a nervous breath. "It feels bad, sis," she answered, brining her horse to a stop. "It reeks of death and magic."

Medievarad

Shria grimaced. "What can we do?" She retorted, rubbing the bridge of her nose.

Medievarad

The desert elf shook her head slowly. "I don't know either. I know we're headed to what's most likely impending doom," she took a deep sigh. "Though I imagine this bein' less painful than starvation," she tried to joke, but then again, dark humour was the was the worst to light any kind of mood.

Medievarad

"You know me," Shria answered. "But I have no idea what to do," Shria added. "Let's find somewhere.. Less threatening.. And take a moment to think."

DragonSong

The horses were obviously skittish and Zahra had to pull the gelding closer to soothe him before she answered, "The base of the stairs? I don't know where else to go."

Medievarad

Shria nodded, making her mare turn ninety degrees, before egging her on to walk, whincing at the sharp pain in her knee still.

Yet, the horses became more nervous. And it didn't matter how far they backtracked. They never reached the stairs.

DragonSong

"Ok. This is fucked up." Zahra was shaking slightly as she looked around.

Medievarad

"It..It can't be," Shria answered when they were walking for too long. It just didn't make sense. They took no turn, they only went straight ahead. "Sis.. Remember," she glanced at Zahra, swallowing slowly. "Remember the legend of the black garden?"

DragonSong

Her eyes widened. "You've got to be kidding me. That- that's supposed to just be a story!"

Medievarad

"It is," Shria swallowed softly, shaking her head. "But don't you tell me this ain't the place they'd describe in it."