A tale of two sisters [M] [Archived]

Started by Medievarad, April 29, 2016, 03:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

Shria shook her head. "We can't just go hunt and track down bandits, sis."

DragonSong

"Why not?" She frowned. "There are souls that deserve to be here, not us."

Medievarad

"No one deserves this, sis," Shria answered, shaking her head. She glanced back at Desdemona.

"It seems you two cannot come to an agreement," the ghost added, chuckling softly at their disagreement.

DragonSong

"There are people who deserve it more than you!" Zahra shouted back.

Medievarad

Shria frowned. "I've killed my fair share of people.. Innocent people. Just for us to have food," she answered, before lettingbout a soft sigh. "Take my soul as a tribute. We shall return with more souls in return for mine."

The bemused smirk Desdemona had slowly dissappeard. "So be it," she answered. The ground trembled underneath the two, black, spectral vines with thorns shot up and ripped though Shria's body, pulling out her soul. Ofcourse, the desert elf cried out in pain, tumbling from her horse and landing on her back, panting heavily.

And the gist of Shria's soul, a whispy clone of herself was visible, held and strangled by the thorned vines. "Begone!" Desdemona called, waving her hand.

And suddenly, they were at the staircase again, as if they never moved from their location.

DragonSong

"Shria!" Zahra hardly noticed anything else as she threw herself off her horse to her sister's side.

Medievarad

Shria gave her sister a bewildered look, still panting heavily, having gone through tremendous amounts of pain in such a short time, she was confused, shaken and just completely exhausted. "Just.. Need a breather, sis.."

Medievarad

When Shria recuperated, which was after a short while, she nodded. "Let's get out of here," she murmured. "As soln as possible.. Get those souls and get this over with.."

DragonSong

Zahra nodded, silent, and slipped her arm around her to help her stand.

Medievarad

"Shit," Shria murmured. "Ankle.. But that's the least," she added, before giving a lopsided smirk to her sister. "Get me back on the horse," she murmured.

DragonSong

Again she nodded, managing to hobble over with her sister to the spooked animals and attempt to calm them down.

Medievarad

Shria was extremely weak and felt even worse, yet she still managed to walk and pill herself on her horse after it was calmed. It felt.. Odd aswell, while the pain was excruciating, it felt like she was missing a limb."Let's go," she murmured weakly.

DragonSong

Zahra didn't know what to say. She just mounted her own horse, keeping a careful eye on her sister.

Medievarad

Shria motioned her horse to move up the stairs.

After a solid ten minutes of walking, faint rays of sunlight became visible, only to grow in intensity.

The light would grow brighter and brighter, until the bright light was all they could see.

Then it faded again. And the two sisters were back in the desert, the dunes reaching as far as the eye could see, the sun up high in the sky and beating down with scorching heat.

DragonSong

Zahra sighed in relief as they were finally back out in the real world.

Medievarad

"Come on, let's find shelter first," Shria said, nodding to her sister and rearing the horse to walk forward. Yet her pose slumped after several meters, before she completely stumbled off, laying completely still in the sand.

DragonSong

Well fuck.

Not knowing what else to do, Zahra leaped off to kneel beside her sister.

Medievarad

Shria seemed to be unconcious, shivering violently and breathing shallowly. She was also icecold to the touch and very pale, the veins on her head visibly throbbing as they got a darker pigment.

DragonSong

"Shria? Hey, wake up!" Panicked, Zahra didn't know what else she could do as she held her.