Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A tale of two sisters [M] [Archived]

Started by Medievarad, April 29, 2016, 03:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

Shria, fully leaning against Zahra, weakly shook with each shock of the horse. After half an hour, she slowly woke and glanced up at Zahra. "Where are we headed?" She inquired softly, sitting up slightly.

DragonSong

"Essyrn," she replied quickly, relief that she was conscious coloring her voice.

Medievarad

"Oh," Shria nodded slowly, snuggling back against Zahra. "Why are we going there, sis?"

Medievarad

"What things?" Shria murmured softly, the eyes that had gotten a black shade in the white sclera tiredly sliding closed again. Her skin grew more pale and her veins became visibly black.

Medievarad

"Oh," Shria went silent for several moments, before she had a clear moment, her eyes having some sense in themthe again. "Those souls?" She asked with a soft frown.

Medievarad

"I feel," she sighed softly, swallowing rather heavily. "Not too good," Shria admitted with a faint smirk. "It.. Feels so odd.. And foul..."

Medievarad

"I'm trying," she croaked her reply. "But it's hard."

DragonSong

"Shh, shh, I know. Just hang onto me, alright?" Zahra urged their horse faster, feeling the animal pant beneath her.

Medievarad

"Ofcourse, sis," Shria murmured weakly, her eyes sliding closed again. "If I.. If I lose-" she didn't get any further in completing her sentence, drifting off.

Wherever they were, Essryn or any other settlement was nowhere to be seen on the horizon.

DragonSong

With no other discernible option, Zahra kept on their current course.

Medievarad

Slowly, the sun started to set, not a settlement nor an oasis in sight.

Yet, a trail of dust and kicked up sand was visible, slowly dying down. Whoever was causing it decided to settle down and camp.

DragonSong

Zahra had never been one to take risks, but she couldn't see that she really had another option. She turned their horses toward the camp.

Medievarad

After a short while, the sisters managed to reach the camp. And they were met with a desert wanderer, raising his hand. "Hail," he stated as he approached Zahra's horse. "What brings you here, travelers?"

DragonSong

"My sister is sick." She dismounted and quickly reached for Shria, trying to help her down.

Medievarad

Shria slumped down into Zahra's arm, having lost consciousness once again.

The man seemed nice enough, and as Shria slumped down, his eyes widened. "Take her to the fire, we don't have any medicine, nor do we have a doctor. But at least she won't freeze," he answered, turning around and gesturing for Zahra, headed towards the fire.

Tags: