Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Why is the Rum Always Gone? [M]

Started by DragonSong, May 06, 2016, 10:54:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

She huffed a laugh and dragged her hands down her face. "Uhg, probably going over the old girl top to bottom, seeing what repairs we need, finding someone to make those repairs, following them around to make sure they don't fuck up during repairs..."

She groaned dramatically and slumped over the rail. "Gods I need a drink."

DaGlobster

"I know for a fact we lost some of the rail," Gar said, motioning to a section of railing lost to a cannonball.

"Other than that, I doubt we have more than one hole in us, at the most. You can worry about repairs tomorrow," Gar said.

He took his personal flask off of his belt, and offered it to her.

"Care to join me for a few swigs?"

DragonSong

Isabeau laughed and took the offered flask. "Y'know what, that's a perfect idea." She downed a swig, then grinned and suggested, "Why don't we take this down to my cabin? You know it's the best room on the ship- plus I'm pretty sure I've got a deck of cards stashed away somewhere."

Her grin broadened. "Remember when you taught me Wicked Ace? Bet I could beat you in two hands now," she goaded.

DaGlobster

"That's what you said the last time," Gar rebutted, and motioned for Isabeau to lead the way.

"But I'm open to the challenge."

DragonSong

She stuck her tongue out at him and flounced her way back down to her cabin, bumping the door open with her hip and wiggling his flask teasingly in front of him before downing another swallow.

"Alright, c'mon! You've accepted the challenge, Mister, now it's time to step up," she teased as she flopped onto her bed and hung over the side, crouched with her rear in the air as she hunted under the bed. "Aha!"

She emerged victorious with a dusty pack of cards and a cocky smirk.

DaGlobster

Out of respect, Gar didn't stare at her ass, and when she came back up with the dusty cards, he smirked.

"Doesn't even look like you've played in the last month, what with all that dust."

He took back his flask (which contained some incredibly potent liquor not too distant from moonshine) and swigged some down. He sat down at her table.

"Go on, then."

DragonSong

"Alright." Her smirk grew and she settled back onto the bed, dealing out five cards for each of them. "Basic rules, aces high, first one to empty the deck wins."

She flipped over two of her cards, slamming then onto the bed with a triumphant, "Ha! An ace and a ten, right out of the gate! Beat that."

The alcohol was strong, and already she was getting a little giggly, that smile refusing to go away.

[Sooo, I made this game up. It's basically "war" with two cards per round. Because I am not creative 0.0]

DaGlobster

[Alright!]

Gar nodded, and set his flask down in the center of the table, and flipped up two of his own cards.

He couldn't beat the ace, but he could beat that ten, so he put a throwaway card and an actual card, a three and a jack.

DragonSong

Isabeau growled good-naturedly, scooping up her "winnings" and tossing Gar his. "Alright. Draw."

She picked two cards to replace the ones she'd lost, then nodded to him. "Your turn to start the round."

Her hand snaked toward the flask as she spoke, downing another hearty swig. She coughed and laughed, "Gods, where do you even get this stuff?"

DaGlobster

"Well, I buy all kinds of grogs and liquors when we make port. I mix them in a barrel, let them sit, and when it's done--"

He picked up the flask and swigged from it, and heartily too.

"It tastes like heaven."

He played an eight and a ten.

DragonSong

She laughed, a bit louder than normal perhaps, and almost absentmindedly played a four and a seven.

And then she was struck with what seemed to her like a hilarious idea.

"Y'know what I haven't done since Raven and Cooper and I played?" she said with a wicked glint in her eyes, already giggling. "The strip version. Ya know, when you loose a whole hand ya gotta take something off. It was hysterical, I swear Coop was loosin' on purpose."

She chuckled to herself, then dared, "You up for it?"

DaGlobster

Gar laughed, and downed another swig.

"Sure, I'm up for it," he said, grinning a bit wider than usual.

"And it looks like you did, in fact, lose a hand."

DragonSong

"Oh." She blinked, then laughed. "Yeah, I s'pose I did. Alright." With a shrug she stripped out of the loose shirt she wore tucked into her breeches, leaving her in a thin undershirt that really didn't leave much to the imagination.

She tossed her hair over her shoulder, bangles on her wrists clinking, and quickly played a ten and an eight, giving him a challenging grin.

DaGlobster

Gar watched her undress, and then looked down at her played cards. Taking a look at his own, he delt a nine and a seven. As long as he didn't completely lose each hand, he could still turn the game around.

He stood, and shrugged off his coat, leaving him in a sleeveless vest that left very little of his exorbitantly muscled figure to the imagination, as well as letting Isabeau see his tattoos, a rare sight. He took another swig, and offered it to Isabeau.

DragonSong

Isabeau eyed him none too subtly, her eyes widening a bit at the tattoo on his chest. "That the Storm?"

She leaned in for a closer look, her hair spilling over one shoulder revealing her own tattoo that was normally hidden by a shirt.

"How come I didn't know you had this?" She poked his chest, almost pouting at him playfully. Then she looked at her hand and growled.

"Ah, fuck it." She threw down a six and a three. "Believe it or not, that's the best I can do." Another swig from the flask.

DaGlobster

"'Cause you don't often see me with my jacket off, Izzy," Gar rebutted. When she poked his chest, she'd find the muscle there to be hard, almost like a rock.

"Can't help but notice you got some ink of your own," he said, and he played.

Queen and a five.

DragonSong

"Mhm." She was still eyeing his chest, though the curiosity had been replaced with...something else. "You know I've got a couple- thought you'd seen this one." Though it wasn't really that surprising, it wasn't as though she made a habit of taking her shirt off.

She huffed a dramatic sigh and stripped off her bangles and cuffs with a bright smile. "Don't suppose those count as a piece of clothing?" she asked as they fell to the floor, chiming.

She played her hand. A jack and a two.

DaGlobster

"I suppose that they do. Too bad you're gonna lose more."

He set down an ace and a four, and took a swig. As the powerful alcohol settled in his stomach, he couldn't help but wander his eyes down to what her tantalizingly thin undershirt was covering.

DragonSong

Isabeau grumbled as she started to wriggle out of her breeches, trying to be quick though the alcohol made her a bit clumsy.

"There!" She tossed them aside and sat back. Her undershirt was thin, but at least it was long, falling almost to mid thigh. She grinned. "Alright now. Take that!"

A queen and a nine. Her eyes flicked up and she suddenly realized where Gar was looking. It sent a strange jolt down her spine.

Then her lips curved wickedly on one side and she sat back, stretching her arms above her head in a seemingly innocuous stretch. She knew how she looked, all graceful curves and lean muscle. She'd just never thought Gar would notice.

DaGlobster

Indeed, Gar had never noticed because he'd never really seen her so intimately. And in the end, he was a man, she was an incredibly beautiful woman, and they were both intoxicated.

Gar let down his two cards, a king and a seven. He reached up and took his hat off, setting it down on a nearby barrel. He took another swig, and set the flask back down.

"Try this," he said, putting down an eight and a six.

Tags: