Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sleeping Beauty's Rude Awakening

Started by DragonSong, June 16, 2016, 12:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"South?" he looked around, but looked frazzled. "Which way would be south!?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Um..." She twisted one way, then the other, her attention focused on the weak light above as she tried to judge the setting sun's position.

"That way," she said after a moment, hoping she sounded more decisive than she felt.

visualspice

He gave a snort, glad she finally chose a direction before he began to stomp through the ever steeping snow. This cold white ash sure was annoying, and he'd be glad to be done with it once they were far, far away from this dumb place.

"So.. how far will we have to travel," he grumbled. The sooner they were out of here, the better!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"I... I don't know." She shivered violently and wrapped her arms around her body. She was starting to lose feeling in her toes already. "I need to find my people. They must have gone south, but-"

Her eyes flicked back to the ruins they'd left behind. "I don't know how long ago that was."

visualspice

"Long ago?" his own nose was beginning to burn, and run with snot. It was annoying, and he wiped the snot off on the back of his hand. "Well, how long had you been sleeping?" And why? But he didn't care to ask the second part.

DragonSong

"I don't know." Ilona shook her head. Gods she was getting sick of saying that. "It- it was only supposed to be until they found a cure. Evidently that didn't happen."

visualspice

"Cure?" he made a face. "What's that?"
Asking questions at least helped him forget about the snow he was stomping through. It made an interesting nose, a nice heavy crunch beneath his boots. He decided he liked that, even if the snow itself was annoying.

DragonSong

"My- my magic." She could barely get the words out her teeth were chattering so hard. The wind felt like it was cutting into her bones.

Who on earth thought it would be a good idea to leave her in that castle in nothing but a nightgown?

"My m-magic is inf-f-fected."

visualspice

"Infected?" Ehvren paused to look at her funny. "Is that why you're stuttering? You're sick?" She sounded silly if you asked him.

DragonSong

She glowered at him balefully. "I'm n-not sick. M-m-my magic is. I'm st-st-st-stuttering b-because it's c-cold." In fact, her already pale skin was starting to take on a bluish tint in the chill, though luckily it wasn't such a color that she was worried about frostbite quite yet.

visualspice

"What?" he barked. "You're magic is sick?" He looked at her as if she were some kind of crazy person, and to add a little salt to it, he pointed at her clothing as she stuttered her last remark.
"Then why are you wearing that out here in this cold, white ash!?"

I mean he could see everything and knew just exactly how cold she was and oh....
but it wasn't too bad of a view, now that he kept looking at her.

DragonSong

"Well it's c-certainly n-not by ch-ch-choice!" Ilona snapped back, choosing not to respond to his question about her magic just yet. "I d-didn't exactly have t-time to-"

Her voice cut off as she realized he was staring at her. Competent diplomat she may be- usually- but she'd been sheltered enough growing up that she honestly didn't know what he was so fascinated by. "Wh-why are you looking at m-me like that?"

visualspice

"What?" he blinked and looked at her face, then instantly turned red. He looked away.
"What? What are you talking about? I wasn't... I wasn't looking at anything!"
Even as he stole another quick glance at her....

DragonSong

"Y-yes you are," she persisted almost petulantly. "You're st-staring at m-m-me."

Another shiver ran through her and she closed her eyes, actually swaying on her feet. She was just so godsdamned cold, it was painful.

visualspice

"That.. that's because you're.. you're.. you're talking funny!" came his deflated reply.

DragonSong

Ilona snapped back, "Of  c-c-course I am!" She huddled in on herself as tight as she could and glared at him balefully. "G-gods and demons, h-how are you not bloody f-f-freezing?" she demanded in a combination of exasperation and a sort of envy for his apparent immunity to the cold.

visualspice

"What?" he was taken back, but looked down at his attire, then at her. "That's because I've got way more clothing on.."
Oh, right, that much was obvious.
"I mean it's like you got nothing on."
Totally not what he wanted to say!

DragonSong

She suddenly flushed, realizing he was right. While of course she'd  been aware of her lack of clothing, with the speed at which everything had been happening since she'd woken up it didn't dawn on her how inappropriate her attire was.

"I-I- well, that's- there's r-r-really not m-much I can do ab-bout that," she muttered, wrapping her arms tighter around her body. "Oh g-gods, just- please let's find sh-shelter. I'm so c-c-cold..."

visualspice

Ehvren cringed, and couldn't believe what he was doing as he grabbed onto the smaller woman and yanked her up against his body, throwing his cloak around her.

"Fool," he growled lightly, holding her close. "You keep this up and you'll turn into a Cold Ash Princess." Rather than.. princess of whatever the hell she said she was princess of.

DragonSong

"Oh-!" Ilona gasped, eyes widening in surprise. No one had ever touched her so informally before except her parents- well, she supposed he had, when they were running for their lives, but that seemed a bit different.

But she was too damn cold to care. Her arms went around his middle, under the cloak, and she actually stepped up onto the toes of his boots to get her bare feet out of the snow. "Th-th-thank you," she murmured, pressing her freezing nose into his collar. Then a small, almost disjointed smile tugged at her lips.

"Snow. It's c-called snow."