Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sleeping Beauty's Rude Awakening

Started by DragonSong, June 16, 2016, 12:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

"I may have been asleep for awhile," she replied quickly, "but the palace can't have changed that much." She hoped.

"We just need to get to the great hall." She was panting now, her body protesting the strain after centuries of disuse. "There- there has to be a way out there..."

visualspice

"What!?" Though shocked, Ehvren kept on running. "You're not giving me good reasons to trust you!" came his growled reply.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Do you have any better plans?" Ilona snapped back. Their path was blocked by a caved in ceiling and she paused a moment, then veered left down a side hall.

visualspice

"No! I don't have a better plan!" he barked, keeping close. "Why else do you think I'm running!?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

She didn't respond, coming to a sudden halt as their path was blocked by yet another ruin- a partially collapsed wall this time.

Panting, Illna glanced over her shoulder down the hall. "Do you think those things are chasing us?" she asked as she started forward again, beginning to clamber over the broken stones. She'd lost a slipper somewhere in their mad dash and winced as rocks cut into the sole of her foot.

visualspice

Chasing them? Oh right, neither bothered to look over their shoulder- but when he did, his heart made him choke as it leaped into his throat. And before he could think, he was slashing his sword at one heading their way.

And though he was able to turn that one into a pile of rubble he could see the other ones already making a swift advance upon them.

"Uh...." Shit. Sheathing his blade, he  suddenly scooped up the princess and commanded, "Hold on!" As something inside of him stirred- he didn't know what, but some unknown, unseen power had risen and soon he was kicking in a heavy piece of debris in their way, his body used as an anchor as they crawled through it before he stumbled out the other side, the one blocked passage collapsing again and soon filling the air with blinding debris.

DragonSong

"What are you-" Ilona's voice choked off in a scream as she turned to look at him and saw the bone-things closing in, then she was swept up into his arms rather unceremoniously.

Not knowin what else to do, she clung onto him for all she was worth, gasping as he pulverized the debris in their way and then coughing as stone dust filled her mouth.

"L-left," she managed to gasp out between wretching coughs. "The turn up ahead- go left."

visualspice

But he was choking on the air, too.
"Left?" he growled. "I can't bloody SEE which way is left!"

DragonSong

"Just- run!" Ilona choked out, fear straining her voice. "Please, hurry! I- I can guide us."

Gods, she hoped.

KingTyrant

(Removed at the request of the thread author.)

visualspice

Growling, he obeyed. It seemed the wiser choice, considering the alternative as he attempted to head to the left at the best of his ability.

DragonSong

"A flight of stairs," she gasped out. "There should be stairs, leading down- take a right at the bottom!"

At least now the dust was starting to clear. Or they were just getting further away from it, she honestly couldn't tell. But there was little to no light in the ruins, which certainly wasn't helping visibility.

visualspice

Where as the dust was dampening his sight, the darkness did not, so when she mentioned the staircase he blurted out, "I see it!" And rushed towards it, woman still in tow.

DragonSong

Ilona clung to him for all she was worth. "Take care- I'm not sure what may have rotted away-"

She glanced over his shoulder and her voice cut off in a shriek, nails digging into him as her grip tightened. "M-more of them! Three- four! Hurry!"

visualspice

Ehvren snarled.
"I'm running as fast as I can!" But the second he spotted the skeleton's from the corner of his eye, he was quick to set her down and in a whirl, was turned with his back to her, front to the creatures that were just about to lunge themselves at his head.

He didn't have a chance to pull out his blade, but his arm bracer managed to stop a heavy strike that would surely have lobbed off his head (or if not, at least had him seeing stars!) He grunted at the pain of the collision and shoved the skeleton back, clenching his fists together and using both arms to swing and smack another of the things away before finally being able to grab his blade and as he unsheathed it....
Another skeleton was crawling down the stairs, belly down, no legs, towards Ilona.

DragonSong

Another scream as the creatures attacked Ehvren, then Ilona's voice suddenly gave out when she caught sight of the skeleton crawling toward her. "No no no no no," she whispered, backing up a step. "St-stay away, don't touch me!"

She threw her hands out- a useless gesture, really, had it not been accompanied by a sudden blast of magic that literally blew the creature apart.

Ilona gasped, not having intended to use her magic. And since when had she been able to use spells like that?

She didn't have time to wonder; another surge of power rose up in her chest and blasted from her fingers, targeting the skeletons.

visualspice

One of the blast nearly singed Ehvren's shoulder as he whirled around to eye her.
"Hey! Watch where you're aiming that!" he barked, which was a long enough distraction for a skeleton to lunge at him. He barely managed to catch the damned thing who was cackling something wicked before Ehvren was able to out strength it and shoved it back, but when it came at him again, he punched it's skeletal head clean off.

But still, the body had fight in it yet! And Evhren found himself trying to dig the boney fingers off of him that were trying to strangle him to death!

DragonSong

Struck speechless, Ilona found herself lunging forward, hands outstretched.

Words bubbled up out of her throat, a language half remembered, an old spell she'd learned as a child, meant to ward and protect. One hand grabbed Ehvren's shoulder and the other thrust forward into the skeleton's sternum.

Her voice cut off and another surge of that unintended magic. The bones started to glow, red hot, then shattered apart.

visualspice

Ehvren was startled only briefly before he remembered they had to keep moving. He grabbed her by the hand and began to nearly drag her up the stairs.
"Come on! We gotta move!"

DragonSong

She nodded, stumbling a moment before she found her foot and pelted after him. "At- at the tip f their stairs- it's a tower," she gasped out. "A balcony. If you really fell through the roof, we should be able to get out there."

Tags: